Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Golf

tshile

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

I bought a used set of clubs the other day.  I think I’m gonna learn how to golf.  Seems like a good retirement hobby.

Golf, which I have been playing for 50 years, is one of the most frustrating things you’ll ever do. If you walk, though, which I try to do regularly, it is four hours plus, outdoors, and a great workout.

Gotta embrace the positives.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Long n Left said:

Golf, which I have been playing for 50 years, is one of the most frustrating things you’ll ever do. If you walk, though, which I try to do regularly, it is four hours plus, outdoors, and a great workout.

Gotta embrace the positives.

yeah you just have to enjoy the little things. Everything about it is so relaxing and peaceful up until you actually swing. But the beautiful scenery, smell of grass, the wildlife around you, the crisp morning air, just you and your thoughts, overcoming the mind, are what will keep you coming back. And it is a lot of fun.
A beautiful and twisted juxtaposition of the absolute nirvana surrounding it versus the chaotic frustration of playing.  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Reports indicate he was walking around out there fine and appeared to look just like the Tiger we've all known.

There is so much crazy slope at Augusta, I'd have to imagine 4 days of walking that course would be hell on that leg.  But if anyone can do it, it would be Tiger Woods.  All I know is I'll be watching.

• Like 1

El Tigre is 1 of 6 players under par so far. That's unreal. Edit..and probably should have had back to back birds. 

The biggest accomplishment is stepping on the course. Playing this well so far is icing on the cake. 

Even if he falls apart, he's won this week. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Christ, I've been getting push notifications for the past 3 goddamn days about Tiger Woods.  The funniest one easily was the one from ESPN about 30 minutes ago saying that the leader (no mention of that individual's name) was ahead at 3 under, but Tiger Woods was a 1 under.  Like, "Yeah, we know you don't give a **** about who's in first place, but here's how Tiger's doing."

It’s basically the smallest field of every elite player and it’s the same course every time which is unique of the majors. 

it provides some of the best, start to finish, golf you’re going to be guaranteed to see in the calendar year. 

It’s a pretty good event as long as you love competition and don’t hate golf. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, tshile said:

It’s basically the smallest field of every elite player and it’s the same course every time which is unique of the majors. 

it provides some of the best, start to finish, golf you’re going to be guaranteed to see in the calendar year. 

It’s a pretty good event as long as you love competition and don’t hate golf. 

Oh yea the Masters is a great major. I was just commenting on the false reality they create as of it’s some magical emerald city. They paint the grass and dye the water. They have CBS play bird sounds on the broadcast, ban media personalities who don’t use the right language, etc etc etc. 

I do appreciate not having to hear YOUDAMAN!!!!! GETINTHEHOLE!!! after every swing, though! 

• Haha 3