Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Golf

tshile

15 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

last week when we played we payed 45 for a afternoon tee time.  today I think it was like 65?

Course in good shape?

It's long been on my list of local-ish places to play.  I just checked on Monday the 6th and tee time in the am is only $69, made me wonder if it's in bad shape, just aerated or something.  I always thought it was a $100+ course.

I played a course like this in Myrtle Beach a few years ago, where all the holes are replicas of famous golf holes.  It was awesome and in tip top shape.  Would love to do it again.

3 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Course in good shape?

It's long been on my list of local-ish places to play.  I just checked on Monday the 6th and tee time in the am is only $69, made me wonder if it's in bad shape, just aerated or something.  I always thought it was a $100+ course.

I played a course like this in Myrtle Beach a few years ago, where all the holes are replicas of famous golf holes.  It was awesome and in tip top shape.  Would love to do it again.

perfect shape outside of the island green.  They put the white tee boxes on a slope.  I mean really?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/30/2020 at 12:25 PM, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Course in good shape?

The course in Myrtle is much nicer. 

They did a much nicer  job ofreplicating famous golf holes, than Renditions did.

In all fairness,  I haven't played Renditions in over 8 years,  so it may be a lot better now that stuff has grown in.

Edited by Skinsfan1311
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just played Walden in Crofton on the recommendation of some friends.  Thought it was OK but charged way too much for the shape of course.  Not only that, but between the four of us, we lost at least 40 golf balls.  Most of them we called non-stroke penalties because we all knew where the balls went, but everything hit and fell under the grass clippings.  Non-existent fairways on some holes, too and sand traps filled with water.  At least the greens were solid- I played a local nine hole course a few weeks ago and their greens were half-dead, with crab grass throughout.  

I like seeing the positive comments on Renditions.  I need to golf there more since it's the closest course to me.  Price has definitely gone up since I last played there, though. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Tiger goes bogey/double bogey on 17/18.

Ugly.

Yeah. He just hits too many poor shots these days. It’s one thing to have a difficult shot and get a poor result, but he’s making a mess of some of the straight forward ones. His chunk on 18 was terrible.

I hope he can stay competitive for a few more years. The sport just isn’t the same when he’s not on the leaderboard.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2020 at 8:15 PM, ThomasTomasz said:

Just played Walden in Crofton on the recommendation of some friends.  Thought it was OK but charged way too much for the shape of course.  Not only that, but between the four of us, we lost at least 40 golf balls.  Most of them we called non-stroke penalties because we all knew where the balls went, but everything hit and fell under the grass clippings.  Non-existent fairways on some holes, too and sand traps filled with water.  At least the greens were solid- I played a local nine hole course a few weeks ago and their greens were half-dead, with crab grass throughout.  

I like seeing the positive comments on Renditions.  I need to golf there more since it's the closest course to me.  Price has definitely gone up since I last played there, though. 

Walden is a ****ty course. It was nice, 15-20 years ago. 

If they recommended it, then you need better friends.

• 1 month later...

As bizarre as 2020 has been, I will be traveling through Augusta this week and staying with a friend in the area.  I think it’s a great opportunity to see Augusta National on a limited basis. Unfortunately, everything is closed to the public.  Does anyone have any advice on areas/sites I should see. Any dinner recommendations?

I can’t think of anyone I love watching fail miserably as much as DCB. 

I don’t wish ill on him I just love watching him hit awful shots

or take 30 minutes to line up a 15 foot put and miss by 5 feet 🤣

Edited by tshile
  • Haha 1

Just now, TryTheBeal! said:

Btw, I have $100 on Tiger at +2800 and Rickie at +4500.

I meant to bet Rickie. 

the people I’ve been listening to always pick him and he always does terrible. Now they’re staying away from him. Which means it’s the perfect chance for him to win!

love your bets 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tshile said:

I meant to bet Rickie. 

the people I’ve been listening to always pick him and he always does terrible. Now they’re staying away from him. Which means it’s the perfect chance for him to win!

love your bets 

I am totally in the tank for Rickie.  Great player and a great guy, and one of these days he’s gonna get his major...and I’ll be there with my golden ticket.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Watching just seems odd with no fans.  Like other events it feel like it’s not a big deal but Masters just doesn’t have the same feel with just the players.  Even the US open felt more normal than this. 

Really?

masters is the only event where the fans aren’t allowed to do anything more than tap their fingers together

no fans in golf doesn’t bother ne

if we could somehow also get no announcers I’d be in heaven