Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NJ.com Giants' LB Keenan Robinson: Believe reports of Redskins dysfunction, because I've lived it

Boss_Hogg

14 minutes ago, NattyBo said:

Nah, the years between 1993-1999 were just as bad as anything that has followed. 

Impossible...

For example, we NEVER had a 3-win season between 1993-1998 like we did under Sn....oh, wait.

Well, ok, we NEVER went 5 years without a playoff birth during that time like we have with Sny....****. Forget that.

Ok, then howabout this...we NEVER had bust 1st rounders before Snyder took ov....d'oh!

Just now, Califan007 said:

Impossible...

For example, we NEVER had a 3-win season between 1993-1998 like we did under Sn....oh, wait.

Well, ok, we NEVER went 5 years without a playoff birth during that time like we have with Sny....****. Forget that.

Ok, then howabout this...we NEVER had bust 1st rounders before Snyder took ov....d'oh!

There's a lot of valid stuff to criticize DS about, but it is pretty funny to me when people act like he took over a functional organization.  My other favorite is when people blame him for the FedEx Field location/design/etc. 

24 minutes ago, DM72 said:

1991? You mean since Snyder has owned the team.

Maybe 1992 was decent, I can't remember but it was on it's way down for sure. Had guys like Tom Carter, Heath Shuler, Andre Johnson and Kendard Lang all 1st round fails. Wasn't Stubby, Dan Wilkerson and that one guy from the Rams (then traded to Panthers) all in that time span as well? Records of 4-12, 3-13, 6-10, 9-7, 8-7, and 6-10 didn't help either.

Just now, DM72 said:

Have some of you forgot that we were SB champs for the 91/92 season and made the playoffs in the 92/93 season?

After that, it did go downhill.

It's been a steep hill we've gone down since Rypien and Brian Mitchell mixed up the handoff in San Francisco. Seems like a life time ago. I was just about 8. Remember crying afterwards. 

So did we really offer this Benedict Arnold a "big money" contract one year before cutting him? Only interesting thing I saw in this article.

If so we got lucky he didn't take it but another thing he's working on a one year 2.6 million dollar deal now. How dumb can one guy actually be to mention not taking his payday when it was offered to him when you know he only screwed himself doing that hahah

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2016/09/22/redskins-respond-keenan-robinson/

Redskins Players Rail Against Anonymous Griping

One former teammate called Robinson’s quotes “comical” and defensive end Chris Baker didn’t hold back, either.

“I don’t think that’s a problem here,” Baker said when asked if his team handles adversity the correct way. “He’s not here for a reason, so we’ve moved on from that and we’re going to stick together and play good football here.”

On September 21, 2016 at 2:45 PM, Califan007 said:

RonArtest15 is at a dinner function with his wife. A coworker from his previous job shows up. He sees RonArtest and his wife, grabs the mic and turns on the speakers, and says "Good lord, Ron's wife has the stankiest feet of any woman I've ever met."

Ron's wife turns and looks at her husband with shock, anger and embarrassment.

Ron: "You really seem hurt by this. He didn't say anything false."

Ron is sleeping on the couch tonight.

On September 21, 2016 at 3:39 PM, RonArtest15 said:

Califan007 is at a dinner function, he tries to make a witty joke. 

He goes home solo, because he's single. 

Either way you look at it, you both are flying solo that night.

To be honest, it hurts a little to see the Redskins disrespected like this by the Giants.  I would not be surprised if other teams quietly disrespect this team just as much as the Giants.  I can see coaches telling their teams that the Redskins are the type of team that self-destructs when the going gets tough.  I can also see coaches telling their teams that no matter how well the Redskins play they always leave points on the field.

Teams are very confident that they will beat the Redskins or the Redskins will simply beat themselves.  They have been this type of team for two decades.  A win against the Giants on the road would go a long way to gaining some respectability at least within the division.

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

One former teammate called Robinson’s quotes “comical” and defensive end Chris Baker didn’t hold back, either.

“I don’t think that’s a problem here,” Baker said when asked if his team handles adversity the correct way. “He’s not here for a reason, so we’ve moved on from that and we’re going to stick together and play good football here.”

Man, would I love for Trent Williams to destroy Keenan on a second level block during a run play

5 hours ago, NattyBo said:

It's been a steep hill we've gone down since Rypien and Brian Mitchell mixed up the handoff in San Francisco. Seems like a life time ago. I was just about 8. Remember crying afterwards. 

I was 24 when the Redskins won their last Super Bowl (49 now).

I was in high school when they won their first one. Had friends from school (Redskin fans and not) calling me all evening.

What a crazy night that was. :) 

6 hours ago, NattyBo said:

That was a play I have never been able to delete from the ole hard disk. Nightly defrag does nothing. 

I see it discussed about once every decade or so. It was the beginning of the end of the famous run we had. 

6 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Hey.  Awesome.  How about you Rail against your opponent for 60 minutes on Sunday instead.  You know, like a professional football team.  So sick of this ****.

Always ready to rally the troops except for when it  actually matters.

Put up or shut up anything else is just noise

On 9/20/2016 at 7:03 PM, Boss_Hogg said:

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2016/09/giants_lb_believe_the_reports_of_redskins_dysfunct.html?platform=hootsuite

When it comes to dysfunction in Washington, he's been there, done that. 

Once they get down, they start pointing fingers. And that's true. That's what happens."

Some harsh words from Robinson in the rest of the article. But unfortunately most of it sounds true. 

true or not he should still keep his trap shut on the situation

Josina Anderson was just on Fantasy Football Now and stated she had just spoke with Scott M. And he told her that Norman will be following ODB because that's what they paid him to do. 

Sure echoes Britt McHenrys leak from earlier in the week minus the Bashauds feelings part.  

Lets hope it's coincidence and not that our GM can't say no to a pretty face.

Archived