Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NJ.com Giants' LB Keenan Robinson: Believe reports of Redskins dysfunction, because I've lived it

Boss_Hogg

2 minutes ago, skins4eva said:

It could be that Garcon saw the comment and is letting Keenan know that he saw it so Keenan will understand why he gets blown up repeatedly by Garcon on shallow crosses on Sunday.  Give me 22 players with Garcon's passion, and we'd have a successful team.

I am not questioning Garcon's passion. Im questioning whether he leaks in-house crap to outside sources ala Russini last year and now Florio and co. this week. I dont understand how "yo yo" means "keep your head on a swivel bc im going to blow you up on sunday". Thats why I want Garcon asked about this. Leaks from the locker room are complete 100% BS. 

6 minutes ago, Rocky21 said:

Wonder what's on the bulletin board at Redskins Park this week...... 

We know Jay likes to use this stuff too. I dig it! 

3 minutes ago, Gizmo 3squire said:

This game is gonna be entertaining. This "leak" actually has me hoping the Skins not only win but shoves their foot up their asses. If they have any ounce of toughness, they will do just that, and throughout the rest of the season. Belief will be restored

Definitely! If we can wipe the floor with these dudes I will literally be the happiest I have been in two weeks lol

10 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Someone needs to have garcon decode this tweet. To me, I interpret it as Garcon agreeing with Robinson is saying and that the good years and bad years of dysfunction yo-yo and that we are an up and down franchise. To me, this may indicate that at least one player has already started leaking complaints and that player is Garcon. 

I need Garcon to explain this bc if it was him, he needs to be called up to the principals office. 

4 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

I am not questioning Garcon's passion. Im questioning whether he leaks in-house crap to outside sources ala Russini last year and now Florio and co. this week. I dont understand how "yo yo" means "keep your head on a swivel bc im going to blow you up on sunday". Thats why I want Garcon asked about this. Leaks from the locker room are complete 100% BS. 

Holy ****, man.  You must have some interesting theories on 9/11 and JFK if you're jumping to this conclusion.

4 minutes ago, Gizmo 3squire said:

This game is gonna be entertaining. This "leak" actually has me hoping the Skins not only win but shoves their foot up their asses. If they have any ounce of toughness, they will do just that, and throughout the rest of the season. Belief will be restored

It's easy to get fired up and feel that way as a fan. The problem is that passion and toughness alone won't result in a win. They need to get their collective **** together in addition to playing with pride and toughness. 

5 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

It's easy to get fired up and feel that way as a fan. The problem is that passion and toughness alone won't result in a win. They need to get their collective **** together in addition to playing with pride and toughness. 

Totally true. Passion will only take you so far if you're not prepared mentally. HOWEVER ... I think this is the best thing that could've happened to the team this week. It should instantly bond them together and make the finger pointing mentality disappear. At least for one week. Does it guarantee a win? Definitely not. But at least it should guarantee that these guys play with more intensity and focus. That can only help their chances. Incredibly stupid thing for Robinson to say. It shows he cares more about his own reputation than being a good teammate for his new "wonderful" team. 

11 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Holy ****, man.  You must have some interesting theories on 9/11 and JFK if you're jumping to this conclusion.

Yeah .. me wanting Garcon to de-code what his "yo yo" tweet to Robinson means makes me a crazy person? Im sure Garcon's vague tweet to Robinson right after Robinson's comments are pure coincidence in timing and not related. Im just talking redskins on a redskins board. 

14 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Not only that, but to CONTINUE to play like this, regardless of shade being thrown by ex teammates. This should be the mentality of the team. The problem we have is the lack of identity and overall pride and toughness. We haven't had it in literal years.

16 minutes ago, WilberMarshall said:

If I am Keenan, I will be more worried watching tape on the Skins and seeing receivers running around, open.

He better hope that this game is not the game Kirk gets it all together. 

If it is, Jackson and Reed will have a combination of almost 300 yards.

Kirk I hope you're watching.

1 minute ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Yeah .. me wanting Garcon to de-code what his "yo yo" tweet to Robinson means makes me a crazy person? Im sure Garcon's vague tweet to Robinson right after Robinson's comments are pure coincidence in timing and not related. Im just talking redskins on a redskins board. 

Chill man, just messing with you.

I don't know what cultures you've been around, but the vernacular of "yo yo" in that context is, "Hey man, what the hell?" or "I heard what you said.  I'm not happy about it."

It's not, "I totally agree with you."

Did you see Garcon's Instagram right before the game on Sunday?  Just him with the fans talking about how we're the best in the world on his way into FedEx.  He's not a complainer, he's crazy loyal, and I think that your fears are premature.

Robinson is trying to make our team mad so we play angry and commit dumb penalties on GameDay.  Then the refs can use it as an excuse to implement the new ejection policy and dock us for stupid calls all game until we implode.  It will be the Moss ejection over the RG3 touchdown all over again

Seriously, am I the only one who is seeing this for what it really is?  Typical Giants head game Bull****.  Never changes don't fall for it.  

****s getting old real fast at this point I don't even want to watch on Sunday.  Blech.  Only took 2 weeks for us to drop any appearance of a functional franchise.  We literally take ANY chance we can to be distracted from actually focusing on playing better and winning games don't we?

I'm supposed to cheer for a team that spends the first 10 minutes tiring themselves out "making a statement" and focusing on playing angry while the Giants sit back and pick apart our tired out defense the rest of the game?

Get your heads out your asses and focus on what really matters.  60 minutes of mistake free football.  Have some respect for yourselves and your fan base.  Stop letting the Giants play you like a fiddle

What is laughable is Robinson insisting that he CHOSE to leave the Redskins...**** please, you got outplayed by Will ****ing Compton!  You got offered a huge contract?! Hahaha!  You never materialized into the player we hoped you would be so they moved on from your ass for a back up.

28 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Chill man, just messing with you.

I think I did go to far in my assumptions but I dont see "yo yo" as "check your self" ... maybe garcon was just giving a shout out to his ex team mate? ... maybe he meant what you suggest. I do know one thing, I feel kinda dumb for going to far with my assumption but I still want garcon to explain.  

I love it when a terrible, back-up, no-name player leaves us to resume their terrible, back-up, no-name career on another team and starts talking trash.

It doesn't matter if he's right or not about what he said.  What matters is that he still sucks at the foosball.

Also, someone saying "yo yo" to someone in this context on twitter would essentially mean "I saw what you said" and/or "wtf bruh".   

The NY Post adds more Robinson comments.  This version suggests that Robinson doesn't think the Redskins will have the right mindset to win the game.

http://nypost.com/2016/09/20/first-year-giant-slams-redskins-toxic-locker-room-made-me-flee/

“It’s the same old story,” Robinson said of his former team. “It’s always been that way since I was there. When I played there we were up and down every single week. They’re still trying to figure out their way. They’re still trying to figure out their identity.

“We have to use their [uncertainty] to our advantage.”

Another edge, Robinson said, may come from exploiting the desperation of a team that doesn’t handle adversity all that well.

“They’re desperate for a win, but for us that’s an advantage because they’re gonna do things out of character in order to get points on the board, in order to make plays on defense, in order to get the team rolling,” Robinson said. “If you’re 0-2, you have to get a win, and you’re going to do anything possible.”

1 hour ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

It could be something as simple as Garcon tells his agent his feelings on the matter, Florio knows the agent, boom, there's your leak.  Leaks could literally be any of 100 people, not necessarily directly a player.  I mean, people are gonna talk.  When things are good, there's less to say.

5 minutes ago, CBass1724 said:

I love it when a terrible, back-up, no-name player leaves us to resume their terrible, back-up, no-name career on another team and starts talking trash.

It doesn't matter if he's right or not about what he said.  What matters is that he still sucks at the foosball.

Yeah, that's not what matters. lol His team is in first place and we're suffering in early season turmoil.  That's what matters.  

9 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Yeah, that's not what matters. lol His team is in first place and we're suffering in early season turmoil.  That's what matters.

That doesn't matter either (and neither does my smartass comment about him sucking at the foosball). We've played 2 games, homie.  There's so much time left for each team to change the narrative.

His comments don't change the fact that we have to take care of our own business to turn things around.  These comments are the definition of bulletin board material, considering he still has friends here.

Seems like the REdskins handled adversity pretty damn well last year...remember the Tampa Bay game?  Record breaking come back?  Oh and that beautiful run to make the playoffs?  Seems like they **** slapped adversity last year to me.  Keenan is just pissed because he had no part in any of it.

Whatever his motives are, the only way to combat this is to win. Unfortunately, the Skins find it really hard to do so. What he says might rub folks the wrong way but some of it rings true. There is a lot of back biting on this team (at least in years past), our WR's often show way to much finger pointing on the field, the QBs and coaches tend to publicly throw each other under the bus when none of them have earned the right to do so.

To add to all of this, yes it does seem that once the team loses things go sout. We've lost 2 games, only 2 games and you already have the public comments by RJF, the emotional outburst by Garcon on the field and Kirk saying "when Jackson wants to be elite", All of which can be deemed harmless but for a losing team, it's detrimental.

For one, I'm glad Keenan is gone. Has nothing with what he said but more so, I just didn't think he was very good.

Archived