Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NJ.com Giants' LB Keenan Robinson: Believe reports of Redskins dysfunction, because I've lived it

Boss_Hogg

He's not wrong. This team has been dysfunctional for as long as I can remember. We're the laughing stock of the NFL and have been for a long time. Hiring guys like Joe Barry when Wade Phillips was available and begging the team to hire him just reaffirms this stuff. The constant media leaks are another reason. 

Snyder needs to clean house and let Scot build the organization. Get Bruce the hell outta here. 

Who cares what Keenan Robinson says about the team whether it is true or not. He will have little to no impact on the turn out of the game. Is he a starter on the Giants D? No. He is what he was when he was here. A backup, benchwarmer, Second string player. If he is a starter he will do what he has always done and miss tackles and be out of position which helps their opponents.

I think what is interesting about the Giants at the monment they seem to be on bullitin board overload mode at the moment . We now have Janoris Jenkins talking trash about Jackson - You have Robinson with his story about a big contract that he turned down to look for better opportunities - Back up to 2014 and he and Riley were the guys supposed to man the middle for the next 5-6 years Riley had been seenm as a rising player but then had regressed and Robinson had shown flashes but could not stay healthy . Fast forward to the end of 2015 bith Riley and Robinson had been benched for a street free agent and a former undrafted rookie . - the difference being Riley tried to fight his way back onto the filed and Robinson sulked about it. 

I do think there is some truth to rumblings in the locker room - how would there not be on an 0-2 team but I think it is good that our players are pissed after a loss

I think the leak about the defensive plan is baloney.... ESPN have been gfound doing this before - (making stuff up) and with it being Britt (or essentially anyone other than Kiem) it sounds alarm bells. People will believe it because the Redskins are disfunctional - over pay for stars - dont intigrate black player - (oh wait is that one too long ago) because it is the narrative  - But Britt has nothing to loose here - Either the Skins plan to shadow Beckham with  Norman (because we already know he is in in his head )- OR they dont either way ESPN wins because they either got the scoop or they can show the Redskins are disfunctional because they changed thier plans becasue they were rattled by the game plan being leaked 5 days early ... 

bedlamVR writes:

I think what is interesting about the Giants at the monment they seem to be on bullitin board overload mode at the moment . We now have Janoris Jenkins talking trash about Jackson - You have Robinson with his story about a big contract that he turned down to look for better opportunities

They definitely seem to be doing a lot of trash-talking about our Redskins, and it has been going on for a couple weeks.

That isn't the sad part though. The sad part is that the Redskins face the Giants this weekend, and instead of fans rallying around the team and talking smack back, Redskin fans are joining the Giants on "their sideline" and spitting on the Redskins and talking **** about them.

It is a very sorry development. :giantssuck:

5 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

They definitely seem to be doing a lot of trash-talking about our Redskins, and it has been going on for a couple weeks.

That isn't the sad part though. The sad part is that the Redskins face the Giants this weekend, and instead of fans rallying around the team and talking smack back, Redskin fans are joining the Giants on "their sideline" and spitting on the Redskins and talking **** about them.

It is a very sorry development. :giantssuck:

The fans can't win a football game on Sunday, that's up to the Redskins.  No amount of smack talk by fans or players is going to affect the outcome of Sunday's game.  Recently, the Giants have 2 super bowls and a track record for putting the whoop stick on the Redskins.  Aside from low brow jokes about ODB's sexuality, Eli's stupid faces or McAdoo's mustache, what exactly can we say?

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The fans can't win a football game on Sunday, that's up to the Redskins.  No amount of smack talk by fans or players is going to affect the outcome of Sunday's game.  Recently, the Giants have 2 super bowls and a track record for putting the whoop stick on the Redskins.  Aside from low brow jokes about ODB's sexuality, Eli's stupid faces or McAdoo's mustache, what exactly can we say?

Didn't say it would help the team win. But that is just what fans do. Rally around the team towards the next opponent they face.

Instead, Redskin fans are actually joining the Giant players in mocking and putting down the Redskins.

It's shameful. :giantssuck:

2 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Didn't say it would help the team win. But that is just what fans do. Rally around the team towards the next opponent they face.

Instead, Redskin fans are actually joining the Giant players in mocking and putting down the Redskins.

It's shameful. :giantssuck:

The Redskins haven't given us any reason not to mock them or put them down.  Respect and pride is earned, not given.  Besides that, humor is a defense mechanism, and lord knows we have every reason to employ it so far. 

8 minutes ago, NattyBo said:

The Redskins haven't given us any reason not to mock them or put them down.  Respect and pride is earned, not given.

Loyalty isn't a given either, right?

Sad that the team has hit the bump in the road at the beginning of the year, and how quickly everyone COMPLETELY turns on them.

You go right ahead and keep waving your little Giant banner this weekend. I'll stick with the Redskins, thank you. :) 

3 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Loyalty to isn't a given either, right?

Sad that the team has hit the bump in the road at the beginning of the year, and how quickly everyone COMPLETELY turns on them.

You go right ahead and keep waving your little Giant banner this weekend. I'll stick with the Redskins, thank you. :) 

What? Who isn't loyal here? Nobody that is still a fan of the team after the last 25 years can be anything BUT loyal. And I'm not rooting for the Giants. It's not disloyal to point out when something you love is going off the rails. I've done it for family, friends, and I'm certainly not above doing it for this team, though it has no effect, obviously. 

10 minutes ago, NattyBo said:

What? Who isn't loyal here? Nobody that is still a fan of the team after the last 25 years can be anything BUT loyal. And I'm not rooting for the Giants. It's not disloyal to point out when something you love is going off the rails. I've done it for family, friends, and I'm certainly not above doing it for this team, though it has no effect, obviously. 

Loyal? HA! Folks could've fooled me.

You know, I honestly think many Redskin fans don't know how to be fans anymore.

That doesn't mean never criticizing your team. It means telling the opposition to KISS OFF when they start criticizing your team. Instead fans are joining in and agreeing with the Giant players instead of telling them "**** you, assholes. Worry about your own team. We'll see you on Sunday!".

Being a fan should be like being a big brother and telling the neighborhood bully "Hey, I can hassle my little brother, but you damn well better not hassle him". :) 

Instead, fans are joining the "bully" and kicking the team while its down, and that's sad. :giantssuck:

1 hour ago, SkinsGuy said:

That's the thing though SkinsGuy, It's not the beginning, the inconsistency/ineptitude has been going on since 1991. Give the fans some credit. When I say fans, I mean the ones that want a change and hold the team to a higher standard. Not the ones who continue to turn a blind eye when 25 years of proof is staring back at them.

21 minutes ago, dyst said:

That's the thing though SkinsGuy, It's not the beginning, the inconsistency/ineptitude has been going on since 1991. Give the fans some credit. When I say fans, I mean the ones that want a change and hold the team to a higher standard. Not the ones who continue to turn a blind eye when 25 years of proof is staring back at them.

You are blind if you are holding the current team accountable to what happened 10, 15, 20, or 25 years ago. Or even lumping them in with it.

Blinded by the past, that is.

But someone has to eventually change the 25 years of ineptitude.  I feel we can still lump them in, because nothing has actually changed for 25 years.  True, we can't hold them accountable for past regimes, but we can hold their feet to the fire about the last 2 years and say, "stop blowing smoke up our ass and let's actually see the change."   Because I can watch a game from 1996 and see the same mistakes that were made last Sunday.  Or let me pull a game from 2002 and it will mirror 2010.  Etc. , etc.  At some point, the team needs to start showing signs of moving forward. While we haven't exactly gone in reverse, we seem to be stuck in neutral.

We're all fans. Nobody is better than another we just have different ways of dealing with it and expressing ourselves, whether optimistic or pessimistic. Neither way is shameful or better. The differences most likely reflect who we are outside of the Redskins world as well.

I know that's true for me. I'm sarcastic and funny in life so prefer to find humor in the team and their misfortunes to cope with the last 25 years of embarrassment and disgrace staring back at me. Doesn't mean I don't love them any less than any other fan does.

Let's just kick the Giants asses and get back on track Sunday. I know we all agree on that. 

Redskins response to this made it to NY papers

http://nypost.com/2016/09/21/redskins-blast-back-at-turncoat-oh-youre-on-the-giants/

Redskins safety DeAngelo Hall, who has been with Washington since 2008, had the most cutting rebuttal of Robinson’s critique when asked by The Post on Wednesday.

“Keenan said that? That’s interesting,” Hall said. “Where’s he playing at? I didn’t know he was even on a team. You can print that.”

Yeah if anything I'd question why Robinson even has something to say about anything.  If he has some personal issue with the coaches/front office for letting him walk and not offering him a contract due in their minds to a combination of injuries and lack of ability, then just come clean and say what you have to say.  Instead he is taking aim vaguely at "the franchise" and just regurgitating media takes.  Adding nothing new to the conversation.

This reminds me of when Lavar left and he kept trying to take thinly veiled shots at Joe Gibbs.  Lavar is the only player I can ever recall EVER having something negative to say about Gibbs.

5 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

Loyal? HA! Folks could've fooled me.

You know, I honestly think many Redskin fans don't know how to be fans anymore.

That doesn't mean never criticizing your team. It means telling the opposition to KISS OFF when they start criticizing your team. Instead fans are joining in and agreeing with the Giant players instead of telling them "**** you, assholes. Worry about your own team. We'll see you on Sunday!".

Being a fan should be like being a big brother and telling the neighborhood bully "Hey, I can hassle my little brother, but you damn well better not hassle him". :) 

Instead, fans are joining the "bully" and kicking the team while its down, and that's sad. :giantssuck:

Sometimes you just gotta stick up for your wife and her stanky feet lol...

Even though what Trent said was softer than D. Hall I think its the harder hit from a bottom line stand point.  Keenan comes off as a liar and discredits himself by him saying they offered him a big contract.   Guys who covered the team at the time said the Redskins had no interest in bringing him back and gave him no offer.  But even without that knowledge, they bench the dude and make him a backup but they want to give him a big contract?  Now, he does say it was in 2014 but that's purposely deceiving in my view as if it would apply to 2015, too.  He fell off a cliff in 2015.  2014 and 2015 in terms of his career was apples to oranges. 

http://nypost.com/2016/09/21/redskins-blast-back-at-turncoat-oh-youre-on-the-giants/

Another veteran Redskin, offensive tackle Trent Williams, was a little more understanding of the comments from his teammate the previous four years.

Robinson, a fourth-round pick by Washington in 2012, said he turned down a “big money” contract from the Redskins after the 2014 season and decided to leave in free agency last winter to escape what he described as a persistent losing culture.

Williams, though, indicated he thinks the Redskins didn’t want Robinson in free agency — not the other way around.

“I’m pretty sure he would say that,” Williams told The Post. “I’m pretty sure he doesn’t really have any good feelings toward the organization. Obviously, he’s not here anymore. Comments like that are human nature.”

Archived