Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official ES Venting thread

RichmondRedskin88

It's kind of funny to me that:

1) we want Kirk to excel

2) we haven't been helping him by running the ball

3) we don't want to break the bank on Kirk (so we can afford other talent and not overspend on him)

4) we've been passing at a (near?) historical rate

Maybe it's just me, but there seems to be a pretty serious disconnect there... 

Way to many excuses for the team, coaching staff and Kirk. Not running enough, to many fades, no help on defense. All true but in the end they need to win. For the love of God the Patriots with a rookie 3rd string QB just blew out the Texans, shutting them out 27-0.

10 hours ago, dyst said:

Way to many excuses for the team, coaching staff and Kirk. Not running enough, to many fades, no help on defense. All true but in the end they need to win. For the love of God the Patriots with a rookie 3rd string QB just blew out the Texans, shutting them out 27-0.

Couldn't have said it any better.

3rd string QB with a game plan that worked against one of the leagues best defenses. I get BB is a great coach and he did this without his 2 best players. 

As a skins fan we should expect more from our team and coaches.

10 hours ago, dyst said:

I think this is mostly a coaching issue for the Skins.

They should be able to maximize the talent that we have and put a team on the field that looks prepared mentally and physically. That hasn't happened.

I hope the other shoe drops after this season and Scot puts the final piece in place, ie - his own coaching hire.

14 hours ago, skinsfan212689 said:

Our best bet is to bring cousins back on a team friendly deal 12-15 mil per year and keep adding talent via the draft and FA. 

Lol.  Ain't no way Kirk is accepting that little after turning down a bigger deal this past offseason.  Someone will pay him if we don't.  His deficiencies so far this season are correctable and we're not a losing team because of him.  He could have made some throws to help us win, there's no doubt about that.

Bottom line is that we need to execute on offense and tighten things up on the defense.  We're not that bad, really.

The lows aren't as bad as it seems and the highs are never as good as it seems.  We'll be okay.

I don't get everyone complaining about Gruden not being Scot's "hire".  Is it not possible for a GM to inherit a coach he actually likes?  For all we know Scot could have accepted this job because Gruden was in fact the coach.  

Starting over with a new head coach isn't some decision that is made hastily.  That sets back a franchise and changes the whole direction of whatever plan the leaders of the team have.  

12 hours ago, dyst said:

Exactly.

The Patriots are a perfect example of what excellent and consistent coaching is. In addition to personnel choices.

Kirk nor Gruden deserve any excuses at this point. Kirk is a 5 year vet and Gruden has experience. He's not new to this. Again the lack of accountability and discipline is one of the big glaring problems with this organization. Partially Snyder is to blame for that for trying to play Fantasty Fooball early on, and nepetism, but again, accountability

10 minutes ago, CBass1724 said:

I don't get everyone complaining about Gruden not being Scot's "hire".  Is it not possible for a GM to inherit a coach he actually likes?  For all we know Scot could have accepted this job because Gruden was in fact the coach. 

Well Scot seems like he wants a strong running game, and tough defense.

Gruden is pass happy, and hired Joe Barry.

To me it seems as though Gruden is the complete opposite of what Scot envisions.  But that's just me.

2 hours ago, CBass1724 said:

Pretty sure 32 out of 32 GM's want this. 

The coach and GM have to share the same philosophy when it comes to identity.  If Scot wants to pound the ball, he will probably recruit bigger, stronger WR's and lineman.  But if all Gruden wants to do is throw the ball and score points, then those big, slow WR's arent going to do much for him.  Same with the lineman, you have Shanahan who wanted smaller, faster lineman.  If the GM wants big boys, then you have a problem.

This is why people want Scot to get "his guy" because what he wants to accomplish and what Jay wants to accomplish seem to be different.  You said you don't understand the complaints, I'm just telling you this is probably how those people feel.  Doesn't mean its accurate.

I hear ya, dude. It's just that if Scott thought he couldn't work with Jay, then we'd probably hear of problems between them. Jay has to coach to his personnel.  We haven't shown the ability to ground and pound one single bit under Jay, even when he has tried. I do think the run game will be much improved once they finally make it a priority. 

10 hours ago, CBass1724 said:

I hear ya, dude. It's just that if Scott thought he couldn't work with Jay, then we'd probably hear of problems between them. Jay has to coach to his personnel.  We haven't shown the ability to ground and pound one single bit under Jay, even when he has tried. I do think the run game will be much improved once they finally make it a priority. 

Well, that's not technically correct; the beginning of last season, we were the top rushing team after the first 2 weeks; but then that tanked. Maybe it was Jay discovering this new TE Reed who seemed to be something he could really use and drifted away from the running game. All I can say for sure is when Morris left this team the running game met the grim reaper [ not the one who posts here ].

7 hours ago, skins island connection said:

Well, that's not technically correct; the beginning of last season, we were the top rushing team after the first 2 weeks; but then that tanked. Maybe it was Jay discovering this new TE Reed who seemed to be something he could really use and drifted away from the running game. All I can say for sure is when Morris left this team the running game met the grim reaper [ not the one who posts here ].

I thought the run game went in the tank when Lauvao and Lichtensteiger got injured and coaches realized our TEs were poor run blockers.  

I know they believe our passing game is our strength on offense, but with the above guys healthy, a solid duo/trio of TEs and our reliance on PA passing, there's no reason not to be running more.  Huge fail by the coaching staff so far, IMO.  The bright side is that since we've shown some heavy tendencies the last two seasons (running on 1st, running after turnovers, forcing the fade, passing like crazy this season, etc.), we can hopefully throw teams off a bit by being unpredictable.  

25 years of sucking, yes a quarter of a century. 17 years of complete ineptitude. is it currently due to poor qb play, bad offensive play calling, a terrible defense, off field drama, general unprofessionalism???? its ALL OF IT. all of it because these things aren't causes, they are symptoms. indications of the much bigger problem of horrific decision making at the highest level of this organization. seriously every move is SO bad it is almost like it is intentional.

need to shore up the defense? **** it, get a receiver. want a GM to run football ops? hell with it, get a yes man with name recognition. you know what we should do now??? hire our new HC LAST so he can't choose his staff. next trade the farm for a glorified track star brittle as kindling. got a bright and shiny new CB? put him on the top WR you say? naw, were gonna go with the system of that knucklehead that went 0-16 with the lions. finally ready for a real GM? yeah we should sign one right AFTER getting a new coaching staff together. on and on and on it goes.....

atrocious decisions have been made for so long that the skins are in a non stop cycle of total suckage. if these idiots do somehow miraculously find a way to address an area of need 2 more immediately materialize. its gone on, and gotten worse for so long and being so close to it we as fans sometimes have missed how bad it really is. think about it.

can't win on monday night, or any other prime time, big light games, can't win at the meadowlands, can't run, can't stop the run, secondary has sucked for how long now? hey, your team need to end a losing streak, play the redskins. want to break or set some obscure record? washington is your doormat. 3rd and 60? no worries, just run that same tired ass play action swing BS. 

the skins are the joke everyone else comes to see so they can get right. from top to bottom always in crisis mode. equal amount of men on the field yet forever outnumbered. 

On 9/24/2016 at 9:11 AM, skins island connection said:

19 hours ago, skinny21 said:

I thought the run game went in the tank when Lauvao and Lichtensteiger got injured and coaches realized our TEs were poor run blockers.  

Bingo.

This team is absolutely too stupid to function, and it starts from the top. Our clueless coaching staff does a ****ty job preparing players, horrid play calling and general ineptitude filters down to the players, who are oftentimes just flat out confused or taken by surprise on a weekly basis. And it shows with all the mindless penalties we get every damn week.

8 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

This team is absolutely too stupid to function, and it starts from the top. Our clueless coaching staff does a ****ty job preparing players, horrid play calling and general ineptitude filters down to the players, who are oftentimes just flat out confused or taken by surprise on a weekly basis. And it shows with all the mindless penalties we get every damn week.

I agree, and I love your screen-name.  My grandkids also approve.

I'd say I haven't seen a crappier team, but I say that every year...been a fan since '72.  This **** is nuts.  Swear, Is there no one capable of teaching a real tackle?  I'm 4'10, weigh about 115, and I can take anyone down.  Watch me.

Archived