Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official ES Venting thread

RichmondRedskin88

Cousins was really bad; costed us the game. Compton is unfortunately staying consistent with his league-low pft rating from last year. I hope Breeland stops crying about the Norman signing and now realizes that he's not a lock-down corner. Barry is a terrible coach. The good news is that we may have made it into the Guinness book of world records.... for the most times tricked by a play action in a single game. 

But, what really aggravated me was the bogus "illegal hands to the face" penalty by Norman on their last TD drive. Barely touched him. We had the sack, but instead instead they were given a 1st down. 

Last year we were great on 3rd down and in the red zone. This year we are awful. That's the difference.

There was so much to not like about yesterdays game that its difficult to just list a few things.  I think it starts at the top with coaching.  I know the players have to execute the plays but there was some very questionable play calling in my opinion.  Those fades to a rookie receiver who has had limited practice/play time make no sense to me.  Poor use of time outs etc. .etc..   Our QB... I thought highly of Kirk coming into the season but he seems to still have no moxie.  He makes mistakes and shrinks and looks for a hole to crawl into.  He wants a big contract but isn't going out and showing its deserved.  Now that his confidence is shaken I half expect him to continue to regress.  Our defense is occasionally inspiring and often disappointing.  Im not sure how much we can put on the DC but he has to be high on the list of pathetic performers.  Norman seems like a solid player with a never give up attitude.  How long until he conforms and regresses like so many others do.  Kerrigan isn't earning his contract IMO.  Breeland showed signs of taking the next step and then gets worked up over the Norman signing yet when it comes time to show up he doesn't.  The D-Line leaves so much to be desired... 

Our season is on the brink and its only two games into the season.  Coming off two losses at HOME!  Yes At HOME!  Now this team has to travel and play a team that has a defenses appearing to have it rolling.  The skins defense wont stop Eli and unless major improvements magically appear on offense I don't see the Skins doing much against their defense.  

Loser mentality and its only two games in... What a let down.

I put this in another thread, but here it is again-

The playoff season last year may have been one of the worst things to happen to this team. This team was devoid of talent on defense last season and we skimmed by on a last place schedule. Now, we have expectations, but we havent been able to add enough top quality defensive talent, none on the line at all (we need to try Matt Ioannidis and Anthony Lanier soon to at least see what they have and let them get some playing time. What we have on the dline is abysmal. Hopefully, with a couple big contracts coming off the books and a high draft pick,we can start to really put some talent there.

I think Barry is ****. I thought that when we hired him and he has been exactly what I thought he would be. Over-matched, unimaginative, unable to adjust, and unable to teach basic fundamentals (i.e biting on play action like the other team isnt allowed to pass. Truly embarrassing to watch Kerrigan run all the way down the line while the play just goes around him) For the record, I don't mind Norman staying on one side. What I do mind is not giving Breeland any help and leaving him one on one consistently. Now we have a cornerback who's confidence is shot when he really wasn't that far off against Pittsburgh, just absolutely picture perfect throws that were indefensible.

Cousins still needs to play better as that isn't an excuse. 20 million means you have higher expectations and missing the wide open throws he had yesterday is inexcusable. What happened to his accuracy, I have no idea. But we also need to let him play it out this year just to see if he can get it together. Aaron Rodgers hasn't looked particularly good in a while either, so this stuff happens, but it cant happen the first 2 games after signing a 20 million dollar contract for 1 year

There were around 8 - 10 times yesterday when I said a well coached team would not have done _____________________ (fill in the blank.) 

This season is an important test of our coaching staff and qb.  And I think we're finding out plenty. 

Hey our Joe Barry coached defense is 26th best in the league!!!!  

1 minute ago, Boss_Hogg said:

Cousins intercepted in the end zone eventually turns into an Alfred Morris game winning TD at home in front of 40,000 turd fans + John Wall wearing a cowboys jersey. 

The most redskins thing ever. 

This wins most depressing comment of the day, and it is only 10am.

This is not a challenge...please don't make me feel worse.

My biggest vent is that the game was there to be won but we did just enough to beat ourselves. We win this game 7/10 times. 

4 sacks when we mostly played soft D 

432 total yards

350 passing

2 turnovers created on D

But the end zone INT and allowing the Cowboys to convert 4 3rd and longs (over 9 yds) were killers.  

To stay in a playoff hunt, we have to beat the poor to average coached teams bc well coached teams will always beat our coaches and flawed roster. I am reluctant to blame coaches but I am getting the feeling that Barry is below average. I still feel like Gruden/McVay are good passing concept coaches. Im not sure what Callahan's fingerprint is yet but completely nixing the FB position was not productive last year. 

That was just another bad performance on Sunday. The game was there to be won yet we blew it. For as bad as the defense played they still put us in a situation where we could have been up by 10 points in the fourth quarter. Cousins has regressed back to the 2014 version of himself. The defense in the first half was completely lost. I was at the stadium and you could just see the confusion. We burnt two timeouts in the first half on defense. I was also reading an article and may have been ESPN 980 or the Washington Times where it stayed at John Lynch on the color commentary for Fox was begging for somebody to get help for breeland covering dez yesterday. That help came way to late. The Red Zone play calling was horrible McVay should be stripped from play-calling today. How could you not have your weapons out there in the red zone. We were actually doing okay running the football but we stopped in the red zone. Joe Berry is now 9-27 as a defensive coordinator.

Gruden and this entire staff are trash.  I wouldn't keep a single one of them (maybe special teams, which seems to be working well these days).  I just can't take that clueless look of his on the sideline game after game.  Someone with a football brain needs to get into the booth and start calling plays on both sides of the ball.  Whatever is being done now isn't working, and it's really embarrassing to see.  

Bruce Allen should be shown the door.  He's not even a good face guy--he's just a jackass.  

Archived