Extremeskins

Official ES Venting thread

RichmondRedskin88

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Murphy, ionidias, Baker, Smith on DL

Cravens, Compton, Kerrigan LBs

Bash, Norman, Duke, Hall.

There's our starting defense.

I must say Murph looked a lot quicker on the edge...I'd like to sprinkle in a lil' Spaight too...and Cravens looked like a mad man for a bit there...he's going to be a good one.

I think probably the worst thing from this loss is know-nothings I know (Steelers fan) crapping all over Norman's play because he didn't follow Dez.

It's like, dude, Norman was one of maybe 5 or 6 people who actually did the job they were asked to do yesterday, and did it very well.

But nooooo, he's got to add insult to injury and try to attack a big signing because he's got to push his narrative that we're a bad team because we overpay (meanwhile, IRL, we've been fairly conservative the past half dozen years).

Just now, Stefanskins said:

I must say Murph looked a lot quicker on the edge...I'd like to sprinkle in a lil' Spaight too...and Cravens looked like a mad man for a bit there...he's going to be a good one.

Play Cravens at his college position.

Play Murphy at his college position.

Spaight is having concussion issues again.

Honestly tell m if I'm wrong, cause if there has ever been a season where I have been out of the loop, it's this one

Would Gruden and his staff ever do something along these lines ... something that borders on the  unconventional?

Pederson helped his young quarterback Monday by beginning the game in a no-huddle offense.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2016/09/20/carson-wentz-looks-capable-of-leading-the-eagles-to-contention-in-the-nfc-east/

I thought to myself last week when I heard Doctson was going to get "a bigger role" that what they meant was he would get some fade route shots in the red zone.  And thets all I thought he would get.  Now I realize he got the one big reception and they used him all over the field but when they got in the red zone, the Cowboys played the fade routes because they too knew what we would do.  It seems to me if I know that, then a coordinator who makes A SH-T TON of money should think...hmm...maybe what we'll do is set up the fade but run a stop route or a slant in the end zone to Doctson?  How elementary is this thought process that my simple ass can think of it!?!?

20 minutes ago, 3 Rings said:

It seems to me if I know that, then a coordinator who makes A SH-T TON of money should think...hmm...maybe what we'll do is set up the fade but run a stop route or a slant in the end zone to Doctson?  How elementary is this thought process that my simple ass can think of it!?!?

Kirk had other options, and opted for those 3 fades.  Can't put all that on McVay.

On 9/19/2016 at 2:11 PM, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Bruton plays something well?

He here is a mean Tambourine player.  But some say he is better at playing maracas.

1 hour ago, 3 Rings said:

I thought to myself last week when I heard Doctson was going to get "a bigger role" that what they meant was he would get some fade route shots in the red zone.  And thets all I thought he would get.  Now I realize he got the one big reception and they used him all over the field but when they got in the red zone, the Cowboys played the fade routes because they too knew what we would do.  It seems to me if I know that, then a coordinator who makes A SH-T TON of money should think...hmm...maybe what we'll do is set up the fade but run a stop route or a slant in the end zone to Doctson?  How elementary is this thought process that my simple ass can think of it!?!?

Kirk couldn't execute the fade. Calling the Fade wasn't the problem... just that Kirk couldn't throw a good fade pass.

Not to Doctson, not to Pierre.  Dude it is like asking Shaq to shoot a free throw.  Or worse attempt a 3 point shot.

On 9/19/2016 at 3:43 PM, Main-Maine said:

I'm getting a little annoyed with Jay Gruen making certain remarks that seems like he's throwing Kirk Cousins under the bus. I think Gruden needs to shut his mouth a little bit more and keep certain remarks in house. I think everyone watching could see Kirk making some bad plays, but Gruden shouldn't feel the needs to say this on the podium. Gruden is the head coach, and he needs to be instilling confidence within his players whether he's on the field,podium or in the locker room.  

I was very upset and displeased with some of Kirk's performances, but hopefully he can get back on track to being the 2015 Kirk. I again want to see him beat a good caliber defense, but Kirk has to settle down. I think Kirk not getting enough reps in the pre season was a big mistake on the Redskins part, and could be a key factor on why he's not doing better in the regular season. 

Still we're early in the regular season, and the Redskins have a lot of football game left. I will say 0-2 is not a good start, but hopefully they can turn it around, and the Coaches can figure out how to make better adjustments within the game. The Coaches also need to get a better feel for the game, because were not running the ball enough in the red zone now(which is weird to say). 

But hey HTTR! 

why do people think Kirk was good last year? He is still to win a game against a team with winning record. he won games against garbage teams dinking and dunking the ball. he is not that good people, we have the wrong Gruden and we have the worst owner in history. not a good combo to win anything

8 minutes ago, bih said:

why do people think Kirk was good last year? He is still to win a game against a team with winning record. he won games against garbage teams dinking and dunking the ball. he is not that good people, we have the wrong Gruden and we have the worst owner in history. not a good combo to win anything

Oh, so those amazing TD passes during the last 7 games don't mean anything I guess since they came against bad teams. 

The good teams find a way to beat those bad teams. Kirk found a way to do that. The team found a way to do that. 

52 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Oh, so those amazing TD passes during the last 7 games don't mean anything I guess since they came against bad teams. 

The good teams find a way to beat those bad teams. Kirk found a way to do that. The team found a way to do that. 

You're arguing against a guy's negativity in the Official Venting thread. Time to re-think things

2 hours ago, bih said:

Kirk was good last year regardless of the teams records he faced, but believe me when I tell you I pointed out this point numerous times when it wasn't popular. What I was trying to suggest is that I hope Kirk can play on that same level or better versus the remaining teams with good talent on our schedule.  

Groundhog day, AGAIN.  Why can't this team ever be a QUIET 0-2? Why do we have instant leaks, coaches who act like buffoons, malcontents in the locker room?  So ****ing annoying, this doesn't happen everywhere. And it's not the media's fault for doing their job, these asshole players and people in the organization can't just focus on getting better, they have to blab. 

I fully expect to get thoroughly and completely owned by the Giants on Sunday. 

45 minutes ago, NattyBo said:

Groundhog day, AGAIN.  Why can't this team ever be a QUIET 0-2? Why do we have instant leaks, coaches who act like buffoons, malcontents in the locker room?  So ****ing annoying, this doesn't happen everywhere. And it's not the media's fault for doing their job, these asshole players and people in the organization can't just focus on getting better, they have to blab. 

Guess this thread will be busy Sunday then lol

51 minutes ago, NattyBo said:

Sadly, I agree on all points.

The pattern seems to be 1 magical playoff run, followed by 4 years or so of bad football along with the leaks, locker room discord, etc.

I could easily see a 38-14 beatdown by the Giants on Sunday.  Hope I'm wrong.

10 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

According to this guy, who looks like he did a lot research on the topic, no, they didn't ... this is article scares the hell out of me. 

Cousins was propped up by the talent around him and the absence of talent across from him. To what degree and for how long this is sustainable is unclear. It wasn't sustainable for Foles because the Eagles couldn't maintain an offense with 10 above-average starters playing around him. As one example of how difficult it could be to sustain what Cousins did over the second half of last year, the quarterback had six Simple YAC plays of 31 or more yards in the last two months of 2015. Cousins was the only quarterback to benefit from six such plays all season, and Matthew Stafford and Carson Palmer were the only other quarterbacks to even get five.

The next question is whether Cousins can take care of the ball well enough to keep the offense on track regardless of its talent.
Cousins' ball security improved in the second half of last year -- which isn't saying much. Cousins had nine interceptable passes over his final nine games last year, one every 28.6 attempts (which would have ranked 16th if extrapolated out over the full season).

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/film-room/2016/film-room-kirk-cousins

Twenty-Five (25) years we've been living Ground Hog Day over and over again. Our best years are a mediocre 8 or 9 wins at best and even those usually require some massive winning streak to get us there. There is so much to vent about this team as a fan but a lot of my biggest frustrations come from watching other teams play well or seemingly turn it around very quickly that it makes you question when will it be our turn.

How can the freakin Eagles, be 2-0? I just don't get it. Sure it's early and the team can easily fold when they face tougher challengers, but why can't we ever go 2-0? They traded a ton of picks to pick up a rookie QB and yet seemed to recoup it partially when they jettisoned Bradford. Signing massive free agent contracts don't hinder them for years, because they somehow find other teams to trade for them. I know they are a well run organization (prior to Chip Kelly) but damn, it's frustrating.

The Giants are also 2-0, when they were suppose to have a weak defense. We have a weak defense and we can't win, how the hell do they manage to pull it off.

The cowboys have everyone suspended, a terrible defense, and their starting QB is out for several weeks and they are at least 1-1 and played the Giants tough the first week.

Us on the other hand, after winning the division last year and having lots of hope this year, are 0-2.  Our weapons on offense are neutered, our QB is so inconsistent that you lose hope and the coaching staff can't seem to make adjustments.

To top it off, we're in a division with 2 rookie head coaches and a rookie QB and yet we are the ones who are struggling.

Archived