Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Changes Would You Make?

Koolblue13

35 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I agree, it's just that Sheehan has just been creepy as hell in regards to that dude for the last couple years

Yeah I agree. He could do no wrong for Sheehan, he hero worships him.   Cooley is usually pretty light on the coaching staff, he was going on today that if Phillips and Bruton are in the lineup -- he has big problems with the defensive coaches because in his mind its a total no brainer since he suggests both players aren't just comically bad but they are comically confused.

5 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Against a mediocre front 7, missing 3 starters and one major FA bust, who finally had a good day, yes. Our running game looked good.

Our pass blocking has been incredible this year.

Maybe someone can back me up on this, but I believe Hall did play some SS last week.  Of course, whether that's what he was designated to play or whether it was just dependent on the way the offense lined up, I don't know.

I know he's played it in the past, and yes, I see him being a bit more effective there than FS.  

I'd like to see Hall and Blackmon/Ihenacho/Everett on the field.  If it's someone other than Ihenacho, I think Hall should slide into the SS role.

I'll add this though - I wonder if we minimize how difficult it is for safeties to get comfortable in a new scheme.  I've been very underwhelmed by Bruton, but there's a chance he improves (perhaps even to a significant degree?) as the season progresses.  We've seen, afterall, Robinson/Goldson/Johnson/Bruton struggle (in this scheme - which brings up coaching questions too)... perhaps it's not all on them.  Yes, Jarrett looked pretty good, but he played mostly in the slot if memory serves.

On 9/18/2016 at 1:39 PM, Bacon said:

-Fire Barry yesterday

-Never throw a fade route again

-Run the ball more than 25% of the time

-Put Josh Norman on the opponent's #1 option every single damn time

-Start scouting college QBs

Three out of five was enough. 

Damn it was nice to see the uniforms that I came to know and love finally back.

Football-wise, maybe it was a lack of o-linemen, maybe not, but there were a lot of plays where it certainly appeared they were going to run and sure enough they did.

Yea the WRs need rest, but I'm sure they could spread the defense out more by putting more WRs out there. I know TEs help with blocking but not straight up the middle; if Jones was kicking it outside of the box a lot then I would get the TE idea, but they were basically telling NYs defense they were gonna run. Even as decoys, it forces  their defense to honor them; if not then KC has a super easy TD throw.

We need more beef on the defensive line.   I would bring back Terrance Knighton for sure or get some other big load like him right away.

With Hall out for the year, the coaches will have to try some experimenting with safeties.  Dunbar looked good today with the interception and with the catch from the punter.

During the 4th quarter the Skins defensive secondary showed some grit and I was not expecting it.  Also the defensive line put pressure on Eli.

We should have resigned the linebacker who mouthed off and is on the Giants now.   Compton is ok but he is lightweight and gets pushed around a lot.

Fans need to continue to support our General Manager as he scours the waiver wires and we are much deeper at each position than we have had in several years.

Also,  we finally have a good place kicker and a good punter!!  How many years has it been since we had both positions doing well at the same time?

9 hours ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Sounds like DHall with torn ACL... he'd be done for the year, and possibly his career in the NFL...

who takes his spot? Who do we take the extra spot with?

right now has to be OL, after some healing maybe Carrington or Matias-Smith

Play the young guys more.  I was on the Su'a Cravens bandwagon before yesterday.  Maybe Spaight for Foster if he's ready to play.  Everett plays with attitude -- now with Hall out maybe he can contribute. 

Great win.  So am feeling good.  But red zone offense is clearly comically bad, worst in the NFL statistically.  That clearly needs to be fixed.   The idea that they aren't scoring a TD after a big turnover by the defense or big play from special teams has carried over from last season.  Like some other teams do, go for throat after another unit makes a big play and sets you up.

And more group participation with play calling?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/if-redskins-players-are-calling-the-shots-sticking-together-was-the-right-call/2016/09/25/222273a2-8358-11e6-ac72-a29979381495_story.html

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. — Who’s running this team, anyhow? At moments, you got the sense that Coach Jay Gruden and his staff were just barely holding the Washington Redskins together. It was hard to tell exactly who was in charge, who made the crucial decisions in a two-point victory over the New York Giants. Call it a group effort. What mattered was that they did hold it together — for now.

There was defensive end Chris Baker, screaming at defensive coordinator Joe Barry on the sideline over what goal-line defenses he was calling. “He called one thing that he thought was best, and I had my feelings on what we should have been in,” Baker said frankly.

There was tight end Vernon Davis, gesturing at the sideline and demanding the coaches to stick with the running game during what turned out to be the game-winning drive. “Again!” Davis insisted, tired of the cute calls and determined to keep stomach-punching the Giants. So the coaches obliged him.

A head coach creates the team culture, and this is Gruden’s culture, for better or worse: one in which the players feel free to game plan and scream about calls and the coaches pacify them by making adjustments. It’s an interesting experiment — to say the least.

“We kind of wanted to throw it,” Gruden said, “but they wanted to run it.”

There's two ways that a player can be responsible for calling plays. The good way, like a Peyton Manning who's basically a coordinator and the bad way, which is team leaders following coaches around on the sidelines yelling at them or players on the field waving off the coaches calls.

Establish the run game - this will be crucial down the line, especially w/ Red Zone offense. Plus it lessens the wear on our receivers. They are our only scorers on offense and if a key player goes down, and have to rely on the run, it's curtains.

- Sign Ray Rice (We need another backfield threat)

- When we had dual threat at RB, Matt Jones thrived

- (See Eagles Run Game)***

Beef up the defensive line

- I still say sign Pot Roast for another year

- We will need it for Dallas and Philly down the trenches

Red Zone Offense absolutely has to score - Drill that in practice

- Instead of games being so close, it would've been a decisive victory over Dallas and NYG

Please find a safety that can replace Litch. Jesus Christ.

Let the young talent play, rotating the roster is helping.

Archived