Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kirk Cousins, NOT IMPRESSED

Riggo'sRangers

11 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

"Every team in the NFC East, except the Washington Redskins, they're still working it out, are set at the quarterback position." Michael Irvin on NFL Network.

Now I'm pissed.

11 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

"Every team in the NFC East, except the Washington Redskins, they're still working it out, are set at the quarterback position." Michael Irvin on NFL Network.

Now I'm pissed.

10 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Irvin clearly needs to be drug tested 

If he believes that Dak is the future in Dallas, then technically, he's not wrong. I mean, we ARE in the process of figuring out whether we are going to sign Cousins to a long-term deal (or franchise him again), or let him walk.

Eli hasn't been very good lately. But they aren't in the market for a QB. Not unless they want to draft one now, and let him wait in the wings a few years like Rodgers.

Wentz, despite us making him look like a rookie, appears to be the Eagles' future.

23 minutes ago, Ray-Ban Dan said:

If he believes that Dak is the future in Dallas, then technically, he's not wrong. I mean, we ARE in the process of figuring out whether we are going to sign Cousins to a long-term deal (or franchise him again), or let him walk.

Eli hasn't been very good lately. But they aren't in the market for a QB. Not unless they want to draft one now, and let him wait in the wings a few years like Rodgers.

Wentz, despite us making him look like a rookie, appears to be the Eagles' future.

Huh? Eli has been very good during each of the previous 2 years, and is currently #2 in the NFL in passing yards.

12 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

He's right.

Eli, Prescott, and Wentz are all under contract through the end of 2019.  Kirk is a free agent after ten more games. 

13 minutes ago, TheItalianStallion said:

Huh? Eli has been very good during each of the previous 2 years, and is currently #2 in the NFL in passing yards.

By "lately", I was referring to this year. He has 8 TD and 6 INT. And other than the Ravens game, he's been pretty mediocre. Part of that is on him, part of it is injuries to his RBs, and part of it is a poor offensive line.

2 hours ago, TheItalianStallion said:

Did you know that since Week 7 of the 2015 season, Cousins is the second highest-rated passers? 

Cousins QBR > Eli QBR right now. 

13 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

You hyper-sensitive guys realize Cali isn't saying anything bad about Cousins, right? He's just putting the stats into context and offering other stats that are (obviously, to any rational person) more representative of what's important on the field. 

But carry on. It's always entertaining watching people work themselves up over nothing while thinking they're the smartest guys in the room.

Sorry I missed this while at work. Sometimes a sense of humor can be entertaining as well. Try it some time. Aww Gee Dad, I was just funnin'

12 hours ago, zskins said:
13 hours ago, Ray-Ban Dan said:

By "lately", I was referring to this year. He has 8 TD and 6 INT. And other than the Ravens game, he's been pretty mediocre. Part of that is on him, part of it is injuries to his RBs, and part of it is a poor offensive line.

Ok fair enough.

12 hours ago, zskins said:

Did you know that since Week 7 of the 2015 season, Cousins is the second highest-rated passers? 

All I took issue with is the poster's claim that Eli has been underperforming lately, and that poster has now clarified what he meant.

I don't have a problem with what Irvin said.  Eli still has a handful of years left,  Wentz has looked good enough to assume he will be their QB for the next few seasons while he develops.  And Dak, while I think the O-line and running game have helped him look better than he actually is at this point, still looks promising. If anything I fault Irvin for having so much faith in 2 rookie QBs being the cornerstone of franchises when we see every season rookie QBs have success early in their career and people's minds are made up about them and then they hit a wall and never come back.

As far as Cousin's go.  This franchise IS still working it out with him.  There is no guarantee he will be here next year and if not we go back to square one.  Hell, I hope everyone does realize that there is no guarantee Cousins even wants to be here and wouldn't accept an offer from another team if they throw down the same and/or more cash.  The Cousins situation isn't just about whether our GM wants him here.

This game today convinced me that the The Front Office should move mountains to get him signed in the Off-Season. He showed the heart of a Champion on that last drive.  It's everything that he scored when the pressure & scrutiny was at its highest intensity. 

Bottom line, it was how he responded with the game on the line & things not going well that sold me.

From this point forward, Kirk's my guy.

Archived