Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kirk Cousins, NOT IMPRESSED

Riggo'sRangers

Let's take a better look at that, though...

Unti1_zpsknn9fbyd.jpg

See, if Cousins had steered the train more towards the blue circle, it wouldn't have derailed...at the most if would have slowed down or maybe the engine locks up. But instead he steers the train more towards the purple circle, probably because the curve suddenly appeared and he tried turning too quickly...

Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Big Ben... All guys getting up there in age.  If you look at the next tier of QB's, Cousins can be right there in the mix.

Without a tremendous influx of QB talent yearly the Skins can't afford to let Cousins walk.  Period.  Does Marcus Mariota scare you?  Jamies Winston? Maybe Carson Wentz does?  Jared Goff?  

5 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Not if you go by percentage, unfortunately...Wentz has the highest TD% in the NFC East (Cousins is 2nd), and Wentz has the highest percentage of 20+  yard pass plays (Cousins is basically tied for 1st, though).

Oh. I was saying 9 is "basically" greater than 7. 

But I'm sure it can be twisted some different ways like percentage of passes, strength of schedule, talent, color of the sky, and how many pancakes each QB has eaten before the game. 

28 minutes ago, William Barbour said:

But I'm sure it can be twisted some different ways like percentage of passes, strength of schedule, talent, color of the sky, and how many pancakes each QB has eaten before the game. 

Anyone who understands QB stats knows that TD% is the important stat when comparing two or more QBs, not number of TDs. Wentz has thrown like 70 less passes than Cousins and has played one less game...which means Kirk has had 70 more chances to throw 2 more TDs than Wentz. So raw number of TDs isn't nearly as valuable or telling as TD%. Same logic for percentage of 20+ yard pass plays instead of just a raw number.

But again, anyone who understands QB stats knows this already.

25 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Anyone who understands QB stats knows that TD% is the important stat when comparing two or more QBs, not number of TDs.

But again, anyone who understands QB stats knows this already.

Exactly Cali!! I'm a little surprised that the NFL actually even allows the the number of touchdowns and points scored on the scoreboard anymore. Obsolete stats like that only slow down the game and confuse the kids. Did you see the Philly game? Skins won 13.8% to 12.2%!! lol

5 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

Exactly Cali!! I'm a little surprised that the NFL actually even allows the the number of touchdowns and points scored on the scoreboard anymore. Obsolete stats like that only slow down the game and confuse the kids. Did you see the Philly game? Skins won 13.8% to 12.2%!! lol

I think you should probably ask a friend to explain my post to you lol...then try again at responding.

1 hour ago, bowhunter said:

Yep! Anyone who watches football knows that Kirk Cousins lead Redskins didn't really beat Wentz lead Eagles team. Anyone who watches football knows that Wentz only had the ball on offense for 25 minutes compared to Kirk having the ball for 35 minutes. 

So it's not fair that Kirk leads Wentz in touchdowns and anyone who watches football would understand that time of possession skews the percentages of passes a quarterback has to throwing the football. 

Anyone who watches football knows these things. 

Anyone who watches football knows that Manning having all those touchdown passes is only because he threw the ball more than the other guys, so it's not even fair to have football statistics.

I think ES should write a letter to the NFL and let them know that in order for everyone else to know how to watch football around here. They have to start adding percentages on all stats and the final score. With that said, I think Kirk throws 3.3% touchdowns this week with 340.4% yards. 

Redskins will win 30.42% to 22.12%

Anyone who watches football would agree with me. 

2vah0dz.gif

You hyper-sensitive guys realize Cali isn't saying anything bad about Cousins, right? He's just putting the stats into context and offering other stats that are (obviously, to any rational person) more representative of what's important on the field. 

But carry on. It's always entertaining watching people work themselves up over nothing while thinking they're the smartest guys in the room.

14 hours ago, Vanguard said:

Kirk will be playing in his hometown with a lot of friends and family watching.  We know how Kirk performs on big stages.  I hope its not an issue on Sunday.

He led the biggest comeback in franchise history with his dad in the stands. Gave him the football on one TD too. All the games near the end of last season were big stage with the division on the line. 

13 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

You hyper-sensitive guys realize Cali isn't saying anything bad about Cousins, right? He's just putting the stats into context and offering other stats that are (obviously, to any rational person) more representative of what's important on the field. 

But carry on. It's always entertaining watching people work themselves up over nothing while thinking they're the smartest guys in the room.

I wouldn't really call making a post on a forum board hyper sensitive, but maybe you were not talking about me. I was just responding to the pompous remark about using his own statistical values and following with "anyone who knows football"

They don't put quotations in the Hall of FAME and say "based on percentage"

Let's not fool ourselves, no matter how someone tries to fool you. 

6 minutes ago, William Barbour said:

I wouldn't really call making a post on a forum board hyper sensitive, but maybe you were not talking about me. I was just responding to the pompous remark about using his own statistical values and following with "anyone who knows football"

They don't put quotations in the Hall of FAME and say "based on percentage"

Let's not fool ourselves, no matter how someone tries to fool you. 

I was talking about multiple people, including you, but multi-quoting is difficult with the new board software on a phone.

Cali isn't using "his own statistical values". He's 100% correct about the value of counting stats vs. efficiency stats. You're 100% incorrect on this. I'll leave you to address your issues with his tone with him, but as far as the numbers go he's right.

These aren't nutty made-up PFF statistics or any other of the quasi-scientific "advanced metrics" that are so questionable as they relate to football.

These are simple efficiency stats. Who's more valuable, the guy who hits 21 career home runs over a period of years, or the guy who has hit 20 homers this season? The first guy hit more HR's overall, right? But the second guy did it in a much shorter amount of time, meaning he's more efficient. This is an exaggerated example obviously, but illustrates the point.

3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I was talking about multiple people, including you, but multi-quoting is difficult with the new board software on a phone.

Cali isn't using "his own statistical values". He's 100% correct about the value of counting stats vs. efficiency stats. You're 100% incorrect on this. I'll leave you to address your issues with his tone with him, but as far as the numbers go he's right.

Never said his way was incorrect. Mine isn't incorrect either. One is a raw statistical value that is correct, and the other is broken down and diverse.

Like saying.. Kirk has won 4 games this year, or the Redskins have won 4 games.

Both are correct. 

What was incorrect was the way he presented it. In the manner he did. Only works on the hyper sensitive ones around here :)

With that. I'll leave you guys to it. 

4 hours ago, William Barbour said:

Brett Favre threw the most INTS in NFL history, however, Vinny Testeverde holds the % record by throwing 35 in a single season.  Maybe like 7.5% maybe not, I'm not sure but he might have actually only thrown 39 passes that year.  That would bring the % up drastically.  Let me go & check on that to make sure LOL

ridiculous to still be questioning Cuz..to quote what a wise man once said..

"So...what is the theory for you yahoos....Lunatics, all of you."

19 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Let's take a better look at that, though...

See, if Cousins had steered the train more towards the blue circle, it wouldn't have derailed...at the most if would have slowed down or maybe the engine locks up. But instead he steers the train more towards the purple circle, probably because the curve suddenly appeared and he tried turning too quickly...

lol awesome!!!...

Archived