Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kirk Cousins, NOT IMPRESSED

Riggo'sRangers

9 minutes ago, tshile said:

What a difference hitting people in stride makes.

Would still like to see more scanning the field/use of eyes.

This is his biggest issue to deal with. At times he seems to have his mind made up on who he throws to at the snap, and eyes the guy down the whole time.

Design more roll-outs for him, he would get a better view of the field being closer to the sideline a bit, the vision dictates it, almost like cutting off half of the field to look over.

Well I've got to say I think our GM was right.

Looks like we could find another QB do what Cousins is doing.

I mean has he played alright? Yes

With that being said this team has probably 2 more wins with better QB play.

Cousins isn't improving if anything he's getting worse. So alright play is a knock.

Matter of fact I'm starting to etc mad thinking about how he's played this year.

Not even close to worth the money he was pushing for during the off-season.

3 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

Does anyone feel like KC is getting better or is he at his ceiling?

I feel like the team knows who he is. I just don't think he's going to get any better than what he is right now. I could be wrong and I hope I am...

This was a solid game by Kirk. Not close to his performance last week, IMO. 

My stance has progressed to wanting Kirk as the QB and being okay with him being a top 15 guy with the ability to crush it in some games. 

I'll trust Scott with how to work the cap. 

3 minutes ago, wit33 said:

This was a solid game by Kirk. Not close to his performance last week, IMO. 

My stance has progressed to wanting Kirk as the QB and being okay with him being a top 15 guy with the ability to crush it in some games. 

I'll trust Scott with how to work the cap. 

I don't disagree with most of your post, but solid game isn't good enough today. 5-2 was on the line and he didn't step up to make that happen.

Case Keenum absolutely destroyed the Lions last week. This game was lost because of our offense and Kirk leads the offense. 

So he took a S*** today.

Just now, desertbeagle85 said:

I don't disagree with most of your post, but solid game isn't good enough today. 5-2 was on the line and he didn't step up to make that happen.

Case Keenum absolutely destroyed the Lions last week. This game was lost because of our offense and Kirk leads the offense. 

So he took a S*** today.

Yeah...this is completely unfair. He can't make Matt Jones hold onto the ball or Spencer Long not get blown into the backfield. Not to mention that fact that the O-line got their asses kicked in pass pro all game. 

The dude led a potential GW drive and ran a near 20 yard TD. 

You are reaching so much right now.

19 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Well I've got to say I think our GM was right.

Looks like we could find another QB do what Cousins is doing.

I mean has he played alright? Yes

With that being said this team has probably 2 more wins with better QB play.

Cousins isn't improving if anything he's getting worse. So alright play is a knock.

Matter of fact I'm starting to etc mad thinking about how he's played this year.

Not even close to worth the money he was pushing for during the off-season.

I could understand this post after the Ravens game...but damn dude, today??

16 minutes ago, Taylor703 said:

I feel like the team knows who he is. I just don't think he's going to get any better than what he is right now. I could be wrong and I hope I am...

Agreed.

His ceiling is probably #9-10 overall in the league. His normal play is probably 12-18. He's competent and I doubt he'll get better or worse, especially being as old as he is.

1 minute ago, desertbeagle85 said:

So he took a S*** today.

Kirk played his role well today, from what I could see. Sure, it would be been great to see him create some plays, but he was in nice groove with taking the underneath and seam routes. IT was an evenly matched game that was decoded in large part to mistakes. 

Its getting frustrating to realize it Seems to take 10-15 plays to score, but I assume this has to be with scheme (west coast).

6 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

can you give me examples of glaring mistakes he made in those 3 quarters?

Where did I say anything about mistakes. 

Problem isn't mistakes problem is he's not a game changing QB. This wasn't some great defense the Skins played against today.

Yet it took over 3 quarters to do anything.

Kirk is what he is and that's average to above average at times.

He's not worth 20 million a year that's for sure.

I'm critical of Kirk but I thought he was outstanding today. This was one game where he was not responsible for any of the shortcomings of the offense. He was sharp, on the money. Penalties, fumbles etc. were are undoing on offense. We should have scored a minimum of 27 points today.

3 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Where did I say anything about mistakes. 

Problem isn't mistakes problem is he's not a game changing QB. This wasn't some great defense the Skins played against today.

Yet it took over 3 quarters to do anything.

Kirk is what he is and that's average to above average at times.

He's not worth 20 million a year that's for sure.

So when Kirk was driving down the length of the field and are about to score a TD and Jones fumbles the ball. But to you this is somehow still Kirk's fault now. Or how about when he motioned to Grant to be in the end zone and Grant just stops and another TD taken away because the supporting cast decided to have brain farts. Again to you Kirk is still at fault. 

From the sounds of it it looks like you just happen to remember the drives that led to points and nothing before then. 

8 minutes ago, zskins said:

So when Kirk was driving down the length of the field and are about to score a TD and Jones fumbles the ball. But to you this is somehow still Kirk's fault now. Or how about when he motioned to Grant to be in the end zone and Grant just stops and another TD taken away because the supporting cast decided to have brain farts. Again to you Kirk is still at fault. 

From the sounds of it it looks like you just happen to remember the drives that led to points and nothing before then. 

He's not worth what he's getting paid this year period. I like Kirk don't get me wrong, but he's not great. 

He's average in my opinion and at times he can play great.

He did a great job on that last drive. I just wish he could do that more often especially against bad teams.

Detroit isn't a bad team but that defense is pretty bad.

I'm sorry if I expect more out of him.

I'm not bashing jones or the rest of the offense in this thread,because this is a kirk cousins thread. So yeah that's why I haven't been talking about other stupid plays today.

I understand this team has a lot problems, but this is a kirk thread.

16 minutes ago, zskins said:

Whether or not Grant ran the wrong route, that pass was still god awful. He just lobbed it up there and there was still going to be a defender there either way. Grant had a brain fart but that doesn't excuse the horrible throw. All around terrible play by everyone involved. 

The fumble by KC was a huge play and it put us in the hole, what's interesting about KC is that he's a fighter.  He led us back again and we were in position to win the game.

I just don't understand why he has to make that one huge dumb play per game, whether its a pick in the end zone, a pick 6, a fumble, or a weird clock management issue, etc.

I wish he could fix this stuff.

Honestly Kirk is the least of our worries imo. He is a good QB who can, at times play at an elite level. Definitely above average. Sure, he has his fair share of mistakes but what QB doesnt? Kirk plays good enough to win games and that's what matters. I also believe he is growing and can/will get better with time. 

Archived