Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kirk Cousins, NOT IMPRESSED

Riggo'sRangers

25 minutes ago, William Barbour said:

We can actually tag him 2 more years lol. according to Adam Sheftner on 980 earlier this week

Heh.  I thought that once, like a year ago, but then someone corrected me.  Sad that a sports reporter who is supposed to do this for a living gets it wrong.

9 hours ago, jschuck12001 said:

Great, either way it doesn't really matter, we have control and Kirk doesn't.  That was the whole point of these string of posts.

Well he could hold out - become a huge distraction for a team on the ups and threaten to derail the whole thing the team has been building around him - I really do not want to go back out shopping for a Qb until we absolutely have to. . 

I think the game changes a little bit for him- He will be 29 just before the season - If he gets tagged again he will be 30 just before his free agent season in 2018 which teams are  going to be looking at - 30 year old QB  what if he is coming off an injury - What if Nate steps in and looks like a Dak Prescot ? - Then if the Redskins and he cannot come to a contract agreement in 2018 then what ? Does a team gamble on him being a Drew Brees - who took some time to get things together played on the franchise tag but then got injured - Or does he have to prove himself all over again ...

For these reasons I think he will not be as happy playing on the tag a second season as he is this time around .

But it is all what ifs right now so nothing to worry about 

The thread title is Kirk Cousins NOT IMPRESSED.

He's not lighting the league on fire but he's not stinking up the joint either. Right now, I see the offense doing ok, not great nor bad. Is there room for improvement? Yes, along with about 29 more QBs in the league with the same issues. Why is it such a big deal? Why are people's panties in a wad? Its his 2nd year as starter, he's not making a lot of mistakes like he did last year, he's simply growing at his own pace. If that's not acceptable to you, well, its not like there's choices to make.

Do you want Griffin back? Maybe McCoy? Grossman? Or any of the other bums that are playing in the league right now? I don't.

There will always be games where a QB doesn't play well, and its why the rest of the team picks up the slack to get a win. right now, I like the positioning; it looks primed to make a nice run in the 2nd half of the season, and that's where the coaches step in and become more aggressive, not showing our hand early in the season, giving opponents opportunities to game plan against us.

Relax and try to enjoy the games; we're in the middle of things, and I'm sure they will get better as the season goes.

Ok, so I spoke with the mods and we decided it's time this thread got closed. 

As you all know, one of the main reasons we shut down the twitter thread was to avoid the "catch all" mega thread issue we've been having here and encourage more threads to be made.

They're hard to keep up with if you're not always perusing the board, and they're hard for regulars to find content in if they're looking for something in particular or around a certain time. 

Unfortunately, this thread has become another mega thread, essentially turning into the de facto Kirk Cousins thread of the season. I threw around the idea of just changing the title to reflect that, but we decided to continue the effort in generally avoiding mega threads instead by locking it. 

So, whoever or whomever, if you think you've got an interesting concept to start a thread about Cousins with, then don't hesitate. If you'd just like to create a thread with an article here that's a good one about him to ignite a discussion, don't hesitate. If you just want to talk about his game against the Bengals, start a thread about it. 

Don't hesitate to start a thread, the rules aren't hard to follow regarding that. Just avoid attempting to start some mega thread by titling it with something like "The Official Kirk Cousins thread". :) 

• TSO locked this topic

Archived