Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kirk Cousins, NOT IMPRESSED

Riggo'sRangers

4 minutes ago, Taylor703 said:

And if the ball is thrown on the money than he's not fighting with the DB to score a TD. It was a bad throw and you're now blaming it on Doctson which is pathetic. 

Wait.. what? I am not even going to say anything. You have your eyes and I have mine. That sir doesn't make you right or me wrong. I am calling it as I see it and you can call it whatever you want to. :cheers:

7 minutes ago, Alexa said:

The long throw to Doctson isn't a big deal. There was a little pressure there.  If he sees the coverage a little faster and hits him in stride its probably 7, but he didn't. Once that db turned his back and ran towards Jackson the ball should have come out. It was still a big play, not going to nit pick that though. 

In that situation, it is a big deal. He missed a guy wide open for a TD pass. He did it two other times. This is a big deal lol

This is what loser organizations do. They panic and back fight after two losses. It starts with Gruden calling out his QB to the media. Did the same thing with Griffin. How about you STFU and keep your business in house? Rip your QB behind closed doors, not to the field reporter. Just can't stand that crap. 

4 minutes ago, Taylor703 said:

Here's the thing, we aren't any better with Colt back there. I'll say the same thing about Kirk that I said about Robert, you play him until you know, unequivocally he's not the guy. You don't leave any mystery surrounding the situation and benching him for Colt would just be stupid. So if we get to a point where Kirk is falling way behind his interceptions than too bad, you keep trotting him out there. This is his season and he needs to play the whole thing unless he gets hurt. There is no future with Colt McCoy. 

Wait... what? You actually think we should let Kirk play out the whole season? At least we see something eye-to-eye. :)

Destino 

-The play itself was not a negative, the pass however, was. It should've been a TD. It needs to be a TD. You can't underthrow that ball. 

Just now, Alexa said:

Taylor 703, seems like that's nit picking to me. There are plenty of other plays to get on Kirk about. The long play to Docston was not one of them. 

It was just one of those Redskin moments where I knew what was going to happen. I could feel it the moment the ball was underthrown. At this point I think all of us are used to these things happening. 

3 minutes ago, zskins said:

Wait... what? You actually think we should let Kirk play out the whole season? At least we see something eye-to-eye. :)

Yes, of course. If you tagged Kirk because you believe he can be the guy than you must play him until you know for certain he isn't. Yanking him out for a guy who's a career back up simply to salvage a season that won't result in a super bowl win anyway is pointless. 

26 minutes ago, Taylor703 said:

Destino 

-The play itself was not a negative, the pass however, was. It should've been a TD. It needs to be a TD. You can't underthrow that ball.  

Yet, since Kirk overthrow Desean on a wide open TD play prior to the pass to Doctson, I can understand Kirk's reticence to attempt to lead him. Just complete it and move. 

4 hours ago, s0crates said:

I hope that's not true. If it is, with that and the RJF comments taken together, it sounds like a lot of finger pointing is happening at Redskins park. 

That's my biggest concern right now. I thought we were past that as an organization, but I fear the losing and adversity is bringing out some of the clown shoes we locked away in the closet. 

My hope is that it was just an emotional day from a passionate group of guys who want to win badly, they'll hash it all out and start improving as a team beginning with practice this week. 

Norman has been amazing on and off the field. I was worried about all his talking and willing invitation of the spotlight he was doing... but some of the players need to look at his interview postgame to see how you talk to the media, and what mentality you should have as a player. That's a great teammate there and a guy who understands his position within the organization. 

Right now, the fans are excited to hear about these things from the players but once that initial rush of emotionalism wears off many will recognize just how terrible this is. As we always do. 

If they're going to turn it around this year and into the future, they need to be together. They can and should get angry, but get angry constructively and behind closed doors, then come out and prove it on the field. Maintain the organizational heirarchy and understand where you are within it. 

I honestly don't mind if Pierre and Desean are both talking, Kirk should be very well aware he has vet WRs who are both playing for contracts that have dealt with less than ideal QB situations for multiple seasons in a row now.  Distractions are incredibly annoying, but I think I've accepted that our franchise isn't at it's core a respectable franchise, even in the current "respectable GM" era, so really players talking is nothing but a flesh wound to the rotten rotten core we have here.    

Kirk has obviously under-performed, and it's disappointing , but I still think he's putting enough volume up where him fixing his game seems attainable/possible, even if too late for the season itself to go as planned.  Throwing for 360+ with as many missed shots as he had (and I know 360 is more like 260 yards if a few years ago) shows how a few missed opportunities could have had him throwing for 500+.  So all I mean is, he could be far worse, more of the struggling sputtering 10-25 for 160 yards type things.  Obviously, if he plays like this the rest of the year though I'd rather just have him walk than trying to get him at a discount.  Improvement is necessary.

2 hours ago, zskins said:

Is it really that hard for you guys to just watch the video posted on NFL.com (make sure you use the pause and play feature). After the catch he let the defender get in front of him. The defender was 6 yards away from him even after the catch. 

You're right. After stopping and turning around to catch the ball, Doctson wasn't able to turn and accelerate away before the DB with sprinter's speed on a dead run could make up the 3 yards between them.

Damn you, Josh Doctson. Damn you straight to hell!

You want to root for a guy like Cousins, so hopefully he responds. 

Arm talent appears to be an issue; he's at his best if the offense can succeed with underneath, short timing throws and seem to be effortless for him (touch and accuracy), but deep outs, post corners, opposite hash, tight windows and deep throws require his max arm ability to get ball there. This leads to inconsistency, due to focus on getting enough juice on the ball  to get to target and less on accuracy and touch. 

This issue is multiplied with him liking to throw off his back foot consistently. 

Two things:  

First, maybe he's a slow starter.  We saw it last year where he didn't really come around until a few weeks into the season and then took off.  Granted, the defenses he was successful against weren't dominant but you can argue he did what a good quarterback should do against those teams.

Second, I think this is what you get when you don't play your starters practically all preseason.  Guys are rusty, the timing is off.  I understand injury prevention but in a game where timing and inches (to quote Al Pacino in Any Given Sunday) are everything, I can't imagine not having these guys on the field together hardly at all for four weeks in the heat of battle helps in these first few games.  Yeah, they're going against defenses each day in practice but they're familiar faces with familiar schemes.  

5 hours ago, Alexa said:

This is what loser organizations do. They panic and back fight after two losses. It starts with Gruden calling out his QB to the media. Did the same thing with Griffin. How about you STFU and keep your business in house? Rip your QB behind closed doors, not to the field reporter. Just can't stand that crap. 

This is a loser organization.  

Tell me though, was Gruden wrong?  He needed better play out of Cousins yesterday.  Needed better play out of RG3 when he was here.  How can we sit here and **** about Cousins' performance yesterday and then get all butthurt when the coach says the same things every single fan is saying at home and in the stadium?  What's the big deal?

4 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

You're right. After stopping and turning around to catch the ball, Doctson wasn't able to turn and accelerate away before the DB with sprinter's speed on a dead run could make up the 3 yards between them.

that's supposed to be  WRs job.

6 hours ago, Alexa said:

Absolutely. And then "rumor" has it that the players are not happy with Cousins.  I heard that on NFL Network last night and then it was written up in article on Yahoo. I mean are you kidding me?   Such bull ****.   It is a top down effect,  If Gruden is calling him out to save his own ass well then his players are going to follow suit.  

If it gets to the point where we lose to the Giants and Browns in the next 2 games (highly likely at this point) because of poor play from Cousins, folks need to be fired and Cousins need to be cut/benched. I say this because it sets the precedent of accountability. Step up or sit down, we'll find someone else to do the job. We give some players far too many chances, including w/ our debacle w/ RG3 and many others. This includes coaching as well. It's the mentality of this organization that needs to change. GMSM also deserves some emoji eyes as well.

2 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

Absolutely. And then "rumor" has it that the players are not happy with Cousins.  I heard that on NFL Network last night and then it was written up in article on Yahoo. I mean are you kidding me?   Such bull ****.   It is a top down effect,  If Gruden is calling him out to save his own ass well then his players are going to follow suit.  

Agreed, and I hate that too. Gruden makes situations worse. That's not was a COACH or a leader is supposed to do. Digg in that ass behind closed doors. But he's like a child that doesn't want to take responsibility for his piss poor coaching and personnel decisions, which has been since he's stepped in here, despite the division win.

Kirk has missed to many passes in the past 2 weeks to warrant a long term franchise like contract at this point. 

The Doctson throw was fine. He maybe saw it a half second to late. That throw is probably more difficult than imagined. A wide open receiver is out of the ordinary. Kinda like a pitcher throwing to second base, just throws off you rhythm a little. He did the right thing and made sure t was a completion. Plus, he didn't have much work with Doc, so doesn't really know his range. Further, Doc did his best to get the most out of the YAC. He was not outrunning the DB.

The 2 throws that cost us the game were the miss to Crowder and the end zone pick, both inexcusable for a franchise QB at home in division game. The miss to Djax is expected, definitely should have led him to middle of field some to run under more, but a tough throw.

5 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Doc_1.jpg

Doc_2.jpg

Doctson's feet are stopped, he knows he will have to make a move because he won't be able to pick up speed fast enough, after he turns around.

Jones is running full speed at Josh.

Doc_3.jpg

Doctson_2.jpg

Doctson_3.jpg

Archived