Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kirk Cousins, NOT IMPRESSED

Riggo'sRangers

This might be the most bi polar fan base I have ever seen. People are really calling for Colt? Really talking about drafting a QB with our 1st round pick. Just a bunch of non sense.Colt needs to stay on the bench for now. We are two games into the season. Rodney Harrison hit it on the head. 

Kirk is just a few plays away from having a good game. But he just seems like he's pressing too much. The end zone pick is inexcusable. That turnover was a back breaker. It shifted momentum. We're not good enough to overcome that. 

Kirk needs to swallow some mental toughness pills. He needs to show some leadership right now, take the team by the horns and man up. I don't want to hear about sulking and what not. Season is not over. Long way to go. But if we're going to get out of this, Kirk needs to play like a good QB. He simply left way too many plays out there today. 

not sure Kirk has the mind set to be a bad ass 16 game starter. But we'll see. 

What if I told you we're all blaming Kirk, when the real culprit behind this 0-2 start is Gruden!

In my own uneducated opinion, I'd say Gruden has a huge ego problem. He has always lived in the shadow of his brother. 

He sucked his first year, got bailed out by a horrible divison last year, and this year has been fudging it up from the start.  Didn't give Kirk the reps he needed in preseason, he's not letting Norman cover the best WR's in case he gets beat. If that happens then he might think that would start a media circus and distract the team. He's apparently said f*** the run game to let Kirk win us games with his arm, and he DID NOT in now way, shape, or form have our team ready, AT HOME, to win at least one of the two games. Gruden, Joe Barry, and Cousins all have to go at the end of the season. And that's just the first on the list. 

But hey, at the end of the day i'm a fan. I don't get paid millions to make decions like letting go Alfred Morris.  ?☕️

10 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

People seem to blending two separate issues here.  Was the playcalling horrible overall? Okay, fine.  Should they have run the ball more? Yes, absolutely.

However, were there 21 "money in the bank" points left on the field because of Cousins making bad throws? Yes. If he just hits on one of those passes, the 'Skins very likely win this game. If he hits on 2 out of the 3, the 'Skins likely win by 10.  If he hits on all 3?  The game would have been out of hand by the middle of the 3rd quarter.

Every criticism of the coaching staff I have seen so far is completely valid and I agree, however that still doesn't excuse the plays that were there for Cousins to make against a mediocre pass defense when he had all day to deliver the ball. 

Which is why the failures are firmly on Kirk and not the coaching staff. The play-calling was fine. Receivers were running open all game long. I don't understand the criticism on the play-calling. 

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2016/09/if_the_giants_are_for_real_theyll_prove_it_by_bury.html

Some of the Redskins are not pleased with quarterback Kirk Cousins, and they're starting to let their opinions be know, according to PFT, with Week 3's showdown with the now 2-0 Giants at MetLife Stadium now on the horizon. 

From the report:

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, multiple offensive players have begun to complain about quarterback Kirk Cousins, pointing to a lack of decisiveness, erratic play, and confusion.

And then there was this epic (anonymous) dig: 

I asked the source whether the players who are griping would prefer (backup) Colt McCoy. Said the source, "At least he'd play with poise."

This country-club culture is established during training camp, and when SHTF, it shows with a lack of maturity, leadership, and mudsliging.

Curious to see how training camp is like in NE, Pittsburgh, or GB.

Probably strictly business, no joking around going on.

So tired of this "we've arrived" attitude and sense of entitlement after a measly division title.

2 minutes ago, zskins said:

Just saw the replay on that long throw to Doctson and Doctson slows down after the catch and tries to juke the defender. If only Doctson had just kept on running to score the TD you all be praising Kirk instead. Just sayin'

When he slowed down to catch the ball, the defender caught up to him. He had to juke to try to shake him off.

If Kirk had hit in stride, we'd absolutely be praising him.

1 minute ago, zskins said:

Just saw the replay on that long throw to Doctson and Doctson slows down after the catch and tries to juke the defender. If only Doctson had just kept on running to score the TD you all be praising Kirk instead. Just sayin'

The ball was underthrown. Doctson slowed down to nearly a stop to catch it.  No excuse for it, when he was wide open with no defender around.  If he is able to keep running or even just catch it in the motion of moving forward, he walks into the endzone.

1 minute ago, zskins said:

But it didn't happen, because KIrk underthrew it, along with the 300 other bad balls he threw today.

Kirk left a lot of points on the field today, no ifs and buts about it.

Just now, NoCalMike said:

The ball was underthrown. Doctson slowed down to nearly a stop to catch it.  No excuse for it, when he was wide open with no defender around.  If he is able to keep running or even just catch it in the motion of moving forward, he walks into the endzone.

Just watch the replay. I said after the catch. ;)

11 minutes ago, Alexa said:

The play calling was fine. It was a lack of execution by the QB.  McVay needs to realize that he can't drop Kirk back 46 times. 

If you can't count on him to throw the ball a lot then what's the point of paying him? He's certainly not worth franchise money if that's the case. 

7 minutes ago, zskins said:

You're mistaken. Doctson was wide open long before Kirk noticed him because he was locked onto DJax. By the time he noticed Doctson he delivered the ball late and underthrew him. If that ball is on the money the game is likely over. 

Just now, DogofWar1 said:

Cousins did not look sharp at all.  Missed some relatively easy throws and open people.

Now, the play calling was also totally atrocious, so that didn't help.

Of course, if Kirk throws a TD instead of an INT, we're probably singing a very different song right now, as he'd have had 2 TDs, no INTs, and have won us the game.  Instead, he throws an INT, and we're talking about how he blew it.

But there were other concerning aspects to Kirk's game aside from that throw.  He definitely needs to tighten up his game.  I can forgive an errant throw or two, but we had a few more of those than we should have.

Play calling cant be atrocious when so many players are running free behind the defense. Execution was atrocious not playcalling and that falls on the QB.

Kirk sucked, the play calling sucked, and the defense sucked.

I'm not sure why anyone would point to any single one of those failures and excuse the others, but if it makes ya feel better to do so then I truly envy you.

It's 2 games. The team looks really bad, but there is no viable alternative to Cousins, they aren't going to fire the staff yet, and the defense isn't getting fixed this year.

So......I'm gonna just watch the games and laugh in bemusement at it all. The same thing I have done while watching this team for roughly 3 out of every 4 years ever since I can remember. To each their own :)

12 minutes ago, Taylor703 said:

You're mistaken. Doctson was wide open long before Kirk noticed him because he was locked onto DJax. By the time he noticed Doctson he delivered the ball late and underthrew him. If that ball is on the money the game is likely over. 

Is it really that hard for you guys to just watch the video posted on NFL.com (make sure you use the pause and play feature). After the catch he let the defender get in front of him. The defender was 6 yards away from him even after the catch. 

Just now, zskins said:

Is it really that hard for you guys to just watch the video posted on NFL.com. After the catch he let the defender get in front of him. The defender was 6 yards away from even after the catch. 

His momentum was stopped because he had to wait for the ball. Why are you arguing this like he actually had a chance to score? We all watched what happened live. Enough. 

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

Wait... what?  Was the play calling fine or does McVay need to call less pass plays?

I'd argue if Kirk hits Crowder and Jackson wide open than not as manynpass plays end up being called...

Just now, zskins said:

And I just watched it in slow motion on NFL.com. He still had a chance. Enough.

And if the ball is thrown on the money than he's not fighting with the DB to score a TD. It was a bad throw and you're now blaming it on Doctson which is pathetic. 

The long throw to Doctson isn't a big deal. There was a little pressure there.  If he sees the coverage a little faster and hits him in stride its probably 7, but he didn't. Once that db turned his back and ran towards Jackson the ball should have come out. It was still a big play, not going to nit pick that though. 

3 minutes ago, SpacePenguin said:

Kirk sucked, the play calling sucks, and the defense sucked.

I'm not sure why anyone would point to any single one of those failures and excuse the others, but if it makes ya feel better to do so then I truly envy you.

It's 2 games. The team looks really bad, but there is no viable alternative to Cousins, they aren't going to fire the staff yet, and the defense isn't getting fixed this year.

So......I'm gonna just watch the games and laugh in bemusement at it all. The same thing I have done while watching this team for roughly 3 out of every 4 years ever since I can remember. To each their own :)

This guy gets it.  The house is on fire and people are arguing about which piece of furniture is burning the brightest. 

Defense does nothing well, is quickly running out of lineman, and apparently never practiced moving Josh Norman around so now they simply can't. Kirk Cousins seems on a verge of having a nervous breakdown.  Penalties, penalties everywhere.  Sometimes McVay forgets running is an option, and Matt Jones sometimes forgets to run.  Players are taking swipes at the QB after week 2.

XU2u241.png

3 minutes ago, Taylor703 said:

And if the ball is thrown on the money than he's not fighting with the DB to score a TD. It was a bad throw and you're now blaming it on Doctson which is pathetic. 

We've reached the point where we are classifying a 50 yard pass play as a negative?  I get it, it could have been better but this is ridiculous.  That was not a negative play and there are plenty negative plays to choose from.

Here's the thing, we aren't any better with Colt back there. I'll say the same thing about Kirk that I said about Robert, you play him until you know, unequivocally he's not the guy. You don't leave any mystery surrounding the situation and benching him for Colt would just be stupid. So if we get to a point where Kirk is falling way behind his interceptions than too bad, you keep trotting him out there. This is his season and he needs to play the whole thing unless he gets hurt. There is no future with Colt McCoy. 

Archived