Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kirk Cousins, NOT IMPRESSED

Riggo'sRangers

2 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

All 6 of you.

Listen, Mr. Griffin II, it wasn't the Redskins' fault that your son blew nuts far worse than Cousins has thus far, but you keep telling yourself that.

BTW, I didn't know there was internet in Cleveland...

Haha.

3 minutes ago, mhenry41h said:

Did you make it to the rest of the post that was the actual point or where you dying to drop a meme?

Both. Why are people still talking about him? Why are we still talking about an injured CLEVELAND BROWNS player? I, too, once defended RG3, as recently as last year. But we let it go. We have bigger, more healthy fish to fry.

RG3's name does a disservice to conversations about our current QB situation.

19 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

All 6 of you.

Listen, Mr. Griffin II, it wasn't the Redskins' fault that your son blew nuts far worse than Cousins has thus far, but you keep telling yourself that.

BTW, I didn't know there was internet in Cleveland...

He's saying he was wrong and Robert sucked. There's no need to be a jerk to the guy. 

QB's that easily could perform equal or better:

Fitzpatrick

Bradford

Osweiler

Simien

Gabbert

Kapaernic

Garapolo

A. Smith

Basically, either journeyman, or retreads, or FA's, or cheap unproven. Bottomline, Cousins is not a franchise QB (with 14 games remaining). He single handedly lost this game today. I have little faith in him and I can't imagine he has much faith in himself. 

Enjoy that 20 mil

15 minutes ago, Destino said:

Kaepernick is making 19 million a year, Osweiler 18m, and Smith is making 17m a year.  Simien and Garapolo have two career starts for two of the best teams in the league.  

Your list is kind of terrible.

Cousins is kind of terrible... the list is fine

If this keeps up, my bet is GMSM lets him walk, drafts a guy early with our high 1st round pick, and they let Colt play until whoever we draft is "ready."

I really like Kirk.  But I think he's completely lost his confidence at this point.  The thing that was most distressing is that the sideline reporter (whoever it was) reported that Kirk was almost inconsolable after the pick, that he was just looking at the sky.  I think I know why: He just realized that not only had he just thrown a pick in the end-zone, which was possibly going to cost him the game, but he also might have just sealed the fate of any "max deal" long term contract, because at 0-2 with a historically bad defense, chances are your'e not making the playoffs.  Couple a poor record with a reputation of throwing untimely INTs, and there goes your starting career in the NFL.

I kinda wonder if they had gotten a deal done in the off-season, if he would have responded better.  Don't really care, and the team clearly did the right thing.  but it's an interesting psychological question.  

Sam Bradford, with one week in a new system outperformed our guy of 3 years in the same offense.

Edit: not a call for trying to bring in Bradford, just giving perspective to Cousins' ineptitude after an entire offseason as our starting QB, and the eggs he laid the first two weeks.

Cousins did not look sharp at all.  Missed some relatively easy throws and open people.

Now, the play calling was also totally atrocious, so that didn't help.

Of course, if Kirk throws a TD instead of an INT, we're probably singing a very different song right now, as he'd have had 2 TDs, no INTs, and have won us the game.  Instead, he throws an INT, and we're talking about how he blew it.

But there were other concerning aspects to Kirk's game aside from that throw.  He definitely needs to tighten up his game.  I can forgive an errant throw or two, but we had a few more of those than we should have.

7 minutes ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Sam Bradford, with one week in a new system outperformed our guy of 3 years in the same offense.

Edit: not a call for trying to bring in Bradord, just giving perspective to Cousins ineptitude after an entire offseason as our starting QB, and the eggs he laid the first two weeks.

Well Sam Bradford did one thing Kirk Cousins could never do in Washington.  He lead his offense to an outstanding 17 points and beat Aaron Rodgers.  

13 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I kinda wonder if they had gotten a deal done in the off-season, if he would have responded better.  Don't really care, and the team clearly did the right thing.  but it's an interesting psychological question.  

How many licks does it take to get to the toes roll center of a tootsie pop? The world may never know.

But I don't expect an epic rebound this year form Kirk. I do expect a lot more bad D and a struggle to finish the season with 6 wins. 

Just now, Bonez3 said:

How many licks does it take to get to the toes roll center of a tootsie pop? The world may never know.

But I don't expect an epic rebound this year form Kirk. I do expect a lot more bad D and a struggle to finish the season with 6 wins. 

I actually did the tootsie pop thing way back in the day.  I don't remember the number of licks though.But I had a friend count. 

I don't expect anything different than what I've seen so far.  There's no reason to expect change until it happens. 

It's past 'we can win games'. He's been in the league 5 years. You either put a ring on it or move on after this. I see the horses getting warmed up for the road trip. I think, unfortunately, we're gonna see KC is merely s very good backup or a average QB on a bad team.

There are a lot of great QBs in college right now.

People seem to blending two separate issues here.  Was the playcalling horrible overall? Okay, fine.  Should they have run the ball more? Yes, absolutely.

However, were there 21 "money in the bank" points left on the field because of Cousins making bad throws? Yes. If he just hits on one of those passes, the 'Skins very likely win this game. If he hits on 2 out of the 3, the 'Skins likely win by 10.  If he hits on all 3?  The game would have been out of hand by the middle of the 3rd quarter.

Every criticism of the coaching staff I have seen so far is completely valid and I agree, however that still doesn't excuse the plays that were there for Cousins to make against a mediocre pass defense when he had all day to deliver the ball. 

Archived