Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Carson Wentz is probably the best young QB in the NFL.

Westbrook36

19 hours ago, Taylor703 said:

He's going to be a tough kid. I thought he did well for all the pressure he was under. Made some veteran type plays and he has nothing to be ashamed of. If all goes well for Philly than Wentz will be a stud. 

I agree. What stood out to me was how tall he stands in the pocket and has that pocket awareness to move ever so slightly in the pocket and brush off arm grabs all while keeping his eyes down field. He also seems to be able to make all the throws. We should have had 8 sacks yesterday. I would be very happy if Carson Wentz was the Skins QB. 

I think Big Ben is a good comparison (Ive only watched 2 eagles games so far ...)

On 10/9/2016 at 2:50 PM, Westbrook36 said:

Defense hasn't forced a punt yet Wentz has went 17-19 for 182 and 2 TDs. This kid is putting throws in six inch windows downfield. I have never saw anything like this dude. 

I've never seen anything like this grammar... has went? Have never saw?

I can tell you this, though: Wentz is not occupying space in my head, but he spent a lot of time occupying the space between Kerrigan and the turf last Sunday. 

Jokes aside

I think Wentz has the potential to be a very successful QB in this league. He made some rookie throws on Sunday but all in all I think he's solid. 

The only thing I can take away from this is Howie Roseman. I'm fairly certain Howie will **** this up by not bringing in the right personnel to help Wentz grow and develop. 

14 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I've never seen anything like this grammar... has went? Have never saw?

I can tell you this, though: Wentz is not occupying space in my head, but he spent a lot of time occupying the space between Kerrigan and the turf last Sunday. 

Don't bother.

He isn't coming back here until next year.

Tired schtick is tired.

We may have got the best of Wentz and the Eagles Sunday, but this kid has all the tools and has been pretty impressive with a sub par supporting staff around him.  He's going to be a very good QB in this league and the Rams and Browns are going to look like idiots for passing on him for Goff and RGIIIpartII, respectively.  

As Rich Tandler pointed out, the Redskins may have shown the way to beat Wentz and the Eagles offense.

Don't blitz him. He seems pretty good at beating it. Apparently sending 4 or 5 is enough. You can get to him without the blitz and make life harder for him in with extra players in coverage.

He was lights out when his D played well and was up by 20+...no pressure at all.  

However, in his last two games he's had to play from behind, was forced to put the team on his back and lead a comeback.  Lots of pressure.  He's 0-2 in those games.  

21 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

As Rich Tandler pointed out, the Redskins may have shown the way to beat Wentz and the Eagles offense.

Don't blitz him. He seems pretty good at beating it. Apparently sending 4 or 5 is enough. You can get to him without the blitz and make life harder for him in with extra players in coverage.

You mean the Joe Barry defensive philosophy of sitting back and doing nothing works against at least one guy? I thought it didn't work against anyone. Glad to know this kid is the guy. 

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 0:24 PM, Redskin4ever said:

You mean the Joe Barry defensive philosophy of sitting back and doing nothing works against at least one guy? I thought it didn't work against anyone. Glad to know this kid is the guy. 

Redskins defense has not allowed a 2nd half TD in 4 games. They only allowed 19 total pts in the last 10 Qs, including only 1 TD. Keep complaining if you like but the guy is doing a pretty good job.

The slow start very easily can be at least partially attributed to the fact that of the 11 starters on D, 5 of them currently starting were not starters at the end of last yr - RJF, Hood, Smith, Norman, Nacho have replaced (indirectly or directly), Hatcher, Knighton, Murphy (although in fairness I believe Murphy is playing better than P Smith and is getting a lot of snaps), Hall, Goldston. It's hard to come out of the gate playing great ball when almost half the D are new starters. But Barry is making great adjustments, the players are ready for the games, and they are getting better each week. There will still be some ups and downs, but over all the D has been playing some pretty good ball since the first 2 games. Also, when replacements come in, they are ready to contribute. The sign of a good teacher.

Here is a really great breakdown of our D vs. Philly if you have not seen it.

6 hours ago, Redskin4ever said:

Wow, there IS someone still on the "Fire Joe Barry" bandwagon. :806:

3 hours ago, pjfootballer said:

Wentz coming down to earth. 2 INTs already in this game.

I think everybody knew that there would be a couple of REALLY bad outings.  You just can't get away with some of the throws he made toady against that defense.  At least I expected it.  Somehow they still won though.

Archived