Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Carson Wentz is probably the best young QB in the NFL.

Westbrook36

21 hours ago, Ray-Ban Dan said:

Luck is clearly the best young QB in the league. Then Carr. Then Mariota. Then you can maybe flip a coin on Winston and Prescott.

I don't consider Luck young anymore.  He's in his 5th year and second contract.  

I generally consider 1-3 years as "young." By year 4, you essentially know what you've got.

On 12/13/2016 at 10:18 AM, Ray-Ban Dan said:

Luck is clearly the best young QB in the league. Then Carr. Then Mariota. Then you can maybe flip a coin on Winston and Prescott.

You're leaving out Russell Wilson.  Same draft class as Luck, has taken his team to 2 Super Bowls (winning one), and has a much better passer rating than Luck (99 to 86 career) and a 110 passer rating last year.  I'd say Wilson is better than them all.

Just now, China said:

You're leaving out Russell Wilson.  Same draft class as Luck, has taken his team to 2 Super Bowls (winning one), and has a much better passer rating than Luck (99 to 86 career) and a 110 passer rating last year.  I'd say Wilson is better than them all.

Yeah, forgot him. Also forgot Cam. But I still would take Luck over either of them.

And if you take all 3 of those guys out like the other poster did, I'd go with Carr.

On 12/4/2016 at 5:11 PM, Roger.Staubach said:

I would take Carr and Winston over Dak right now.  

It's hard to factor in how much of a difference the Cowboys OL makes here but I will say this, I would not take Winston over Dak or really, a lot of QBs right now.  I don't really like Winston all that much.  Now Carr, I would take him over a lot of guys and probably even Dak but there again, he has a really good OL so maybe this discussion is more about the quality of protection and not just the QBs?

On 12/9/2016 at 7:12 PM, eaglesfandan said:

Carson Wentz is going to rip the Redskins a new arsehole on Sunday.  You heard it here first, and if they do, my commanding officer will allow our sub to surface to I can tell you about it.

Regards

Westy

LOL...   I'm not even a Redskinz fan and I thought this was funny.   Wentz may end up being a really good QB but he really isn't jack right now.  He's the 27 ranked QB in the NFL.  Only Keenum, Bortals, Osweller and Fitz are worse. 

So yeah, I heard it here first but I would not be surprised if I heard it hear last as well.  Just saying.

On 12/13/2016 at 7:18 AM, Ray-Ban Dan said:

Luck is as up and down as any QB in the league. But the narrative on him is so strong he is seemingly immune from criticism.

On 12/20/2016 at 9:49 AM, ABQCOWBOY said:

LOL...   I'm not even a Redskinz fan and I thought this was funny.   Wentz may end up being a really good QB but he really isn't jack right now.  He's the 27 ranked QB in the NFL.  Only Keenum, Bortals, Osweller and Fitz are worse. 

So yeah, I heard it here first but I would not be surprised if I heard it hear last as well.  Just saying.

You REALLY don't get internet sarcasm do you lol?  Congrats sparky (typical cowpuke fan that shows up when they are doing well what a fing shocker).  When you are done using your chin as Dak's personal nut coaster let all of us know.

On December 21, 2016 at 2:52 PM, Hooper said:

Luck is as up and down as any QB in the league. But the narrative on him is so strong he is seemingly immune from criticism.

His offensive line is giving up the 3rd most sacks and 2nd most hits in the NFL. When he's given time to throw, he's been terrific. Even when facing a great pass defense like the Vikings last week.

On 12/23/2016 at 10:45 PM, Ray-Ban Dan said:

His offensive line is giving up the 3rd most sacks and 2nd most hits in the NFL. When he's given time to throw, he's been terrific. Even when facing a great pass defense like the Vikings last week.

A LOT of those sacks are on Luck himself. And he is a turnover machine. He has 94 turnovers in 5 years!!

On 12/14/2016 at 4:40 AM, Voice_of_Reason said:

I don't consider Luck young anymore.  He's in his 5th year and second contract.  

I generally consider 1-3 years as "young." By year 4, you essentially know what you've got.

I also don't consider him nearly as elite as the media wanted him to be. 

On 12/26/2016 at 10:58 PM, TheCoach22 said:

I also don't consider him nearly as elite as the media wanted him to be. 

Yeah, he was supposed to be the Golden Child. He has not been. He's been pretty decent, but he is a turnover machine and contributes to a lot of his own sacks.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2016/12/29/eagles-qb-carson-wentz-buys-shotguns-for-entire-offensive-line.html

Sure hope this doesn't backfire

Eagles QB Carson Wentz buys shotguns for entire offensive line

The Philadelphia Eagles offense is definitely set up to use a “shotgun” formation.

Rookie quarterback Carson Wentz bought each of his offensive linemen a personalized Beretta shotgun for Christmas, a twist on the time-honored tradition of a quarterback rewarding the men who keep him upright each week, ESPN reported.

“This is an awesome gun. I’m excited about it,” said Allen Barbre, who, like Wentz, is an avid Hunter. “I don’t know if I’ll shoot it, though. It’s pretty nice.”

The shotguns are being engraved with each player’s number on the butt of the weapon, which is believed to be a Beretta Silver Pigeon – a $2,000 model.

“I like to go clay shooting and stuff,” Brandon Brooks told ESPN. “All I’ve got is a home defense tactical shotgun, short-barrel, so I was looking for one of these.”

Not everyone is applauding the shotguns, however.

Shira Goodman, the executive director of CeaseFirePA, expressed concern about gifting guns to NFL players. The Eagles, in particular, have had a recent spate of gun-related incidents. Linebacker Nigel Bradham was arrested in October after allegedly leaving a loaded gun in his backpack while trying to go through security at Miami International Airport. Josh Huff, a wide receiver, was charged in November with speeding, possession of a small amount of marijuana and unlawful possession of a weapon.

On 12/30/2016 at 10:26 AM, Roger.Staubach said:

I don't know.  That isn't exactly a politically correct gift these days.  I'd be curious what their spouses think.

(You can say "wives".  Last I checked there were exactly zero NFL offensive linemen married to men.)

I imagine most of these guys already own guns, so their wives must not have a big problem with it. 

Here is the gun mentioned:

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/uploads/monthly_05_2010/post-16923-1274704012.jpg

Here is the gun you would buy your offensive linemen if you wanted to cause a media ****storm:

img_tavor1.jpg

Archived