Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Standing during the Pledge or National Anthem

Burgold

1 hour ago, Kosher Ham said:

This guy... My old self could still cross you up. 

Maybe not. :headbang:

haha. I'll bring in my baby brother. That dude has skills. 

I won't even deny it. You won't catch me on a court anymore. See the way my back and knees work...

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

31 this March. You probably didn't cross me on the court though lol. I had ways of avoiding embarrassment hahahaha

I'm 36. Graduated from Largo back in '98. 

Damn I feel old...

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, nonniey said:

The Pats reportedly will all be standing this week. Think the NFL may have caught on that their reaction was exactly what Trump wanted?

Probably. But I think its more likely that the money is what cracks the whip in that case. Besides they are in Boston....they cant afford to side with minorities for too long.

I would still like them to stay kneeling until the conversation is actually had in earnest but I also know that will never happen with Trump and the conservative troglodytes that make up the Republican party. 

11 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

I won't even deny it. You won't catch me on a court anymore. See the way my back and knees work...

I'm 36. Graduated from Largo back in '98. 

Damn I feel old...

If you really feel that old maybe we should meet at a court someplace hahaha

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nonniey said:

So would Trump.

You understand what I was saying is that I would like for the protests to continue until there is a serious conversation about racial injustice, right? I dont think Trump would actually want that as he would be a topic. 

5 minutes ago, Llevron said:

You understand what I was saying is that I would like for the protests to continue until there is a serious conversation about racial injustice, right? I dont think Trump would actually want that as he would be a topic. 

Yeah  Trump isn't interested in the conversation he does want the protests in that form to continue because it benefits him.

Edited by nonniey

27 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Yes .... Trump would LOVE to keep everyone riled up and wringing their hands about this.    It is a complete and absolute victory for him.  The only way it could get better if there was a muslim mexican tranny kneeling and hating the flag and the military.... for him throw jabs at... 

This is chaos.   

Trump can't do order... he has NOTHING of substance to bring to the table on ANY real issue.  

There has never been a president as totally vacant of substance as this ass clown... but he thrives on chaos... and mudslinging.. and just plain general ****storms    

And we keep on giving it to him.

and.. his core people get their panties in a wad a helluva lot more over these culture war issues.

this NFL-**** storm is win win win for that steaming turd.

10 minutes ago, Llevron said:

You saw right through that one huh? LOL

(I played trombone though. In the band world that is much more manly) 

I sneer at you... from high atop my French Horn perch.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Oh really? I knocked Lamont Jordan out of a scrimmage his senior year.

Ok, that's not exactly true. I didn't knock him out of the game but I did tackle him.

edit: Sort of... more like I pulled him down as he was trying to run me over.

double edit: Ok, that's not true either. He never tried to run me over. He ran around me. I never tackled him, I sure as **** didn't knock him out of the game, and I actually didn't even get a finger on him. He DID NOT run me over though.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I guess the next question to be asked is that if a person kneels in prayer... are they disrespecting God?

Bowing, kneeling, laying protstrate, even standing. All ways we show honor, submission, respect and reverence.

I’ve said it before, this has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with the form of the protest. It is the substance of these protests, and the fact that these are rich black men who should just be grateful to be off the damn plantation!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

Yes .... Trump would LOVE to keep everyone riled up and wringing their hands about this.    It is a complete and absolute victory for him.  The only way it could get better if there was a muslim mexican tranny kneeling and hating the flag and the military.... for him throw jabs at... 

This is chaos.   

Trump can't do order... he has NOTHING of substance to bring to the table on ANY real issue.  

There has never been a president as totally vacant of substance as this ass clown... but he thrives on chaos... and mudslinging.. and just plain general ****storms    

And we keep on giving it to him.

Yes seemed to take a few days but it is beginning to dawn on a lot people that Trump played this like a Matador, he waved the red flag and the bulls obligingly impaled themselves on the sword. There was only one winner and that was him the rest of us lost (including his supporters). 

36 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I guess the next question to be asked is that if a person kneels in prayer... are they disrespecting God?

Bowing, kneeling, laying protstrate, even standing. All ways we show honor, submission, respect and reverence.

I’ve said it before, this has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with the form of the protest. It is the substance of these protests, and the fact that these are rich black men who should just be grateful to be off the damn plantation!!

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

Went to Oxon Hill high school. My mom's was the Principal of Barnaby Manor Elm for about 10 years I think. 

But seriously, that **** was wild. Edit: Oxon hill....that is. Some of the craziest **** I ever saw came from inside those halls lol

I was in Science and Tech. Oxon Hill was crazy, but my experience wasnt that bad. But then again, maybe I just adjusted. Love that school tho.

We were prolly in school in same time.

2 hours ago, grego said:

weird, right?

in terms of oppression, there has been plenty of it in plenty of places, but we only focus on the oppression that we choose to.

an estimated one million people were captured by the barbary pirates and forced into slavery (interesting to me as both a former marine and an englishman). pretty brutal stuff. 

I think people focus on American oppression because we live in America.

Cheers for sharing that, but I am not sure what that has to do with Mahmoud Abdul Raouf and others in America.

Edited by BenningRoadSkin

I think the only victory for trump is he got people to ignore his latest failure in actual governance, and his ham handed approach to Puerto Rico.

Other than that, i think his actions actually made the league stronger. Ownership and Players are certainly looking to be more together, and even roger goodell has built some bridges back to the players.

I think the league strengthened, and i think the people who will actually quit is a much smaller number than those who bluster about boycotting..  but will watch anyway. I think trump only gained anything with the crew that already thinks everything he does is amazing... which is to say,, not much.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Boy I sure am lucky yiu are here ti tell me why I disagree with what he did.  Without you I wouldnt know what to do with myself.  I have some math homework also if you want to do some more thinking for me.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Hersh said:

I would like to know why it's never been a problem that people are in line at concession stands to get beers and food and talking all while the National Anthem is going on. This has happened at every stadium, at every game, every year. I mean if we are going to take political correctness to the extreme and demand everyone stand properly... 

I agree with you

I will just say that I have some family members that will rip you to shreds on the spot if you don't stop what you're doing when the when anthem comes on TV prior to the game. I'm not kidding, they will dress you down in front of everyone on the spot.

There are some people that actually do care.  They do exist. 

16 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Boy I sure am lucky yiu are here ti tell me why I disagree with what he did.  Without you I wouldnt know what to do with myself.  I have some math homework also if you want to do some more thinking for me.

Unfortunately we've entered a point where a person's intent/motives don't matter. The audience of the action/opinion/whatever gets to decide it for you, then ridicule you for them.

I've had the discussion a lot with different people recently. Many people think that way. It's a shame, and scary.

Just now, tshile said:

I agree with you

I will just say that I have some family members that will rip you to shreds on the spot if you don't stop what you're doing when the when anthem comes on TV prior to the game. I'm not kidding, they will dress you down in front of everyone on the spot.

There are some people that actually do care.  They do exist. 

I always stop and take my hat off in the stadium when I'm in the concourse when the Anthem starts.  

2 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I always stop and take my hat off in the stadium when I'm in the concourse when the Anthem starts.  

I do too.

I'm sort of on the fence about the on TV thing though.

I just try to realize the company I'm with and avoid causing a problem...

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1