Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Standing during the Pledge or National Anthem

Burgold

10 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I would like to know why it's never been a problem that people are in line at concession stands to get beers and food and talking all while the National Anthem is going on. This has happened at every stadium, at every game, every year. I mean if we are going to take political correctness to the extreme and demand everyone stand properly... 

When you on BS time, its easy to make up the rules as you go.

• Like 4

On 9/25/2017 at 4:59 PM, dav87sc said:

Kneeling players are disrespecting the sacrifice of our military community, past, present, and future.  And, by the way, it is not just those serving. The families of those serving also sacrifice. 

Here is why that is complete nonsense:

1) It was a veteran that saw Kapernick sitting on the bench during the anthem, and told him a more respectful way to do his protest would be to kneel. 

2) The flag doesn't just represent the military, it represents our entire nation. ALL OF IT. And if this flag is supposed to represent equality and the land of the free, yet there isn't equality within it, that is exactly why some people are kneeling instead of standing. 

3) There are a lot of ex-military veterans who support Kapernick's choice of protest. But I guess they don't matter....

and 4) Why do you feel disrespected about someone kneeling during the national anthem, but not at all concerned with WHY he is kneeling in the first place??? 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I wasn't aware the "national" anthem was the"military" anthem.
As a National Anthem, it represents the nation, and the nation is not the military. 

Aa look at what has happened to societies who become overly enthralled on jingoism,  militarism and symbolism should open eyes.

Our country was set up to prevent this, and throughout our history we have fought against this on battlefields all around the world.

History is our only guide. Ignoring it... well,  ..there's probably a well worn a totally truthful phrase that has been said about what happens to a people who do that.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Do armed forces have official songs? They should just sing those since people wanna make the pregame song exercise about the military.  Then if you kneel during that, there's no ambiguity.  Or make an all encompassing ode to the military.

Each armed force has there own song and there are more than one ode to the military. Past band member here. We had to memorize each of them smh. They were fun to play until the 712th time. 

5 hours ago, justice98 said:

Abdul Raof is kinda the forgotten man in all of this.  

Chris made his point at the time. The media and simple talking point was largely ignored. 

4 hours ago, Bang said:

Of all the inferior backups, how many of them caused their teammates to have to address something other than the game?
the distraction factor is real, and the primary reason he's not playing.

It'll kill a team. Seriously,, the guy isn't even playing and the entire league is distracted by it. 
He could be a choirboy on a team, never open his mouth. The media will not care. He gets a job, that team gets invaded. This is the reality we live in .

Kardashian Kulture.

~Bang

I mostly agree... 

He should at least be a back up somewhere. He is better than most back up QBs. 

Side note: What is a Kardashian ?  Let that joke go. It's funny, or it was. 

~KH

On 9/26/2017 at 5:59 AM, Llevron said:

Ah. That's what I thought you ment. Why this gets hard is because I am biased. I can admit there is a problem in that part of society. Grew up in the burbs of Upper Marlboro.

Great post. Just wanted to ask how old you are? I grew up in Upper Marlboro too....I probably crossed you up on a basketball court a time or two. :)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gamebreaker said:

Great post. Just wanted to ask how old you are? I grew up in Upper Marlboro too....I probably crossed you up on a basketball court a time or two. :)

31 this March. You probably didn't cross me on the court though lol. I had ways of avoiding embarrassment hahahaha

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Shooting innocent people and institutional racism. I gotta say, these brain busters haven't been very challenging lately.

i think one could debate that. at least as whats legal in terms of discrimination. but to the first point, it is way too easy to get off if youre a cop who committed a bad shooting. no question.

1 minute ago, grego said:

is jackson/abdul rauf aware of the barbary slave trade? somehow i doubt it. 

So his point was ignored...thanks for proving. 

1 minute ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Yeah? Well I'll bring my baby momma. She's a terror under the boards. At least, she oughta be. 310 lb load that she is.

Fine I got my baby sister... Recruited for Duke...she declined. 

7 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Damn, how PG County are some of you?

I was down in Oxon Hill.

Went to Oxon Hill high school. My mom's was the Principal of Barnaby Manor Elm for about 10 years I think. 

But seriously, that **** was wild. Edit: Oxon hill....that is. Some of the craziest **** I ever saw came from inside those halls lol

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

im sorry, what?

weird, right?

in terms of oppression, there has been plenty of it in plenty of places, but we only focus on the oppression that we choose to.

an estimated one million people were captured by the barbary pirates and forced into slavery (interesting to me as both a former marine and an englishman). pretty brutal stuff. 

2 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

So his point was ignored...thanks for proving. 

how so?

4 minutes ago, grego said:

weird, right?

in terms of oppression, there has been plenty of it in plenty of places, but we only focus on the oppression that we choose to.

an estimated one million people were captured by the barbary pirates and forced into slavery (interesting to me as both a former marine and an englishman). pretty brutal stuff. 

how so?

Thats true.  In the early 19th century, the United States aided in a war to bring about the end of white/Euro slavery in North Africa.  We remained a bit more conflicted about the practice here at home...for a few more generations at least.