Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Supreme Court, and abortion.

Larry

4 hours ago, tshile said:

That woman’s thread is some of the more 

mindnumbingly stupid logic I’ve heard in a long while 

Yeah, she lost me at "it takes two, therefore the blame is 100% on Evil Men". 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Hmmmm. Yep, that's the GOP in a nutshell.

I'm not at all surprised that he preys on underage girls. Mature, intelligent, educated women probably terrify him.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

@PeterMP I'm jus gonna admit I was tired and screenshot the wrong poll, and you have every right to blast me for what point you thought i was trying to make there.

Having said that, if you having jus as much trouble finding hard stats to officially prove me wrong in Republican women support for Trump dropping in key battle ground states in 2020, then so will I trying to prove myself right.

Yes, I find it hard to believe he still got 95% of Republican women vote in Georgia in 2020, but I'll have to prove that another day.  Every state is different, as are their suburban counties, so I don't agree with running with the national average to infer what happened in each one individually.

Totally agree with you that Dems don't seem to get that not all Hispanics think alike, let alone don't have identical politics.  They are so used to taking Black people for granted that they haven't got used to idea to spending the energy needed to better understand a demographic group that is now larger then us.

Making abortion murder would require every miscarriage to be investigated.  Just imagine how awful that would be.  Also what do you do in cases of accidents?  Do we charge pregnant women that fall down the stairs with manslaughter?  This is going to be a disaster.

15 minutes ago, Destino said:

Making abortion murder would require every miscarriage to be investigated.  Just imagine how awful that would be.  Also what do you do in cases of accidents?  Do we charge pregnant women that fall down the stairs with manslaughter?  This is going to be a disaster.

• Thumb down 1

I see a lot of people trying to give credit to the GOP for leaking this for various reasons, saying that they're trying to soften the blow or cement the justices ruling by leaking so they can't change their minds. I really don't think this is going to work, even just talking about the leaker continuously brings this story back to the forefront. If any thing, if the leaker is exposed as a lib, they will become a hero to the left, if it was the GOP, it just further cements how corrupt the SCOTUS has become. They're (once again) trying to push the narrative that the leaker should be the concern, at best, the leaker is a curiosity to the American people.

Nothing is going happen immediately; as far as beating the gop.

Maybe the races are little closer thus fall but the gop should still win big this fall.

Americans are going to have to live under the Christian Gop Sharia state for a couple of years.

They are going to have to see various rights taken away. They are going to have to see women arrested or even executed for having an abortion.

Utter hell. Then people will wake up to throw the gop out at all levels in 24-26.

I don’t think this one issue is going to move the needle enough in 4-5 months; to the Nov election.

38 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Maybe the races are little closer thus fall but the gop should still win big this fall.

Americans are going to have to live under the Christian Gop Sharia state for a couple of years.

They are going to have to see various rights taken away. They are going to have to see women arrested or even executed for having an abortion.

Utter hell. Then people will wake up to throw the gop out at all levels in 24-26.

I don’t think this one issue is going to move the needle enough in 4-5 months; to the Nov election.

You might be surprised. Remember the Women's March right after TFG's inaugural? Those gatherings were comprised of millions of people, women and men, who protested Trump. 

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

If there was an issue that was gonna move the needle significantly, this opinion will do it. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Just think it needs to be said--

Pro-Conception is not Pro-Life.

To me, that is a large part of why conservative thought in this area is awful.

I think "conservative thought" is basically dead at this point. The "conservative intellectuals" nowadays are all seen as RINOs and traitors. These nutcases would be screaming bloody murder if a conservative like Reagan were running right now.

It's all about egging on their lunatic fringe voters and keeping them going to the polls. The damage to the people and the country is completely and utterly immaterial to the current Republican leaders.

I would initially say it's short sighted since the Republican base has shown that they'll turn on anyone the second they give even a hint of not being 100% in line. But that actually may not matter much since the Republicans in Congress and state legislatures are doing everything they can to make sure that if they lose elections they can just declare that they won them and install the person anyway.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

21 minutes ago, Hersh said:

If there was an issue that was gonna move the needle significantly, this opinion will do it. 

By how much? I think it may sway 1 or 2% of the population. 

The inflation issue is the biggest issue for a lot of people.

Hispanics are leaning towards the GOP, and I don't think they will be swayed by Roe v Wade.

Many minorities don't like abortion or for that matter gay marriage.

So I am skeptical, and I hope I am totally wrong.

1 minute ago, redskins59 said:

By how much? I think it may sway 1 or 2% of the population. 

The inflation issue is the biggest issue for a lot of people.

Hispanics are leaning towards the GOP, and I don't think they will be swayed by Roe v Wade.

Many minorities don't like abortion or for that matter gay marriage.

So I am skeptical, and I hope I am totally wrong.

70-75% of the public is against overturning Roe. Same sex marriage is supported by 70% of the population. It's not simply that these are popular positions but it's the act of taking away rights. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Hersh said:

70-75% of the public is against overturning Roe. Same sex marriage is supported by 70% of the population. It's not simply that these are popular positions but it's the act of taking away rights. 

But I think this still goes back to the thing about elections. Political positions used to have a ton of consequences when it came to the vote. But now that Republicans all over the country are (openly) doing everything they can to make sure that if they lose elections they can just install their person anyway, that may not really matter anymore.

7 minutes ago, Hersh said:

True, but just because the public supports it does not mean that it will be their number 1 issue.  So the question is, who will vote because Roe v Wade is the number 1 issue to them?

3 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

True, but just because the public supports it does not mean that it will be their number 1 issue.  So the question is, who will vote because Roe v Wade is the number 1 issue to them?

I would agree if the GOP was presenting any kind of actual agenda, but they no longer have an actual platform to address inflation. So much of their rhetoric is center around culture wars. They are going to defend Trump and there should be hearings on Jan. 6th. 

12 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

We need more poll results, and they will be coming soon.

It took a couple showing the country was now prioritizing inflation over COVID, but government eventually got the message.