Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016-17 Washington Capitals Thread - Thanks for Everything, Ovi. It's Time to Move on.. #Firesale

DC9

Might see Gruby. The third goal was bad. Other two were great goals. 

Having said that, doesn't really matter when you dominate in all these stats but can't score goals. no excuse for not scoring with all the PPs. 

The thing about playoff hockey is you need some luck and to consistently get to that next gear.

Caps have that gear.  Shoot, they have a gear beyond that.  They just fail to get to it enough.  Pens have that gear.  They also get to it more.

Even when we get to the next gear we don't do the things needed to get goals, we just dominate without secondary scoring.

It sucks.  We've done the right things in the past and yet we get here and just don't do them.

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

For sure. They have a ruthlessness, a drive to win, a killer instinct. When it ABSOLUTELY matters theyre at their best, were at our worse.

I haven't been able to watch the whole game tonight...family stuff got in the way... but had it on my cell phone and I forget who it was but instead of just taking a shot on the break away he hits the puck backwards thinking his other guy was going to be there to shoot it in except there were like 3 pens players there instead. I swear our players have no ****ing awareness as to who is where! Passing the puck or lack of is another thing I can't figure out why there are so inept in doing so. 

Only the Craptials would dominate a period like the 1st and get Zero goals and then the Pens get 2 breakaway goals so easily.  This team is a regular season juggernaut and then playoff pieces of ****   They can't and probably never will beat the Penguins when it counts.

Time to face facts. Capitals are the Penguins little ****. They just are. 

Penguins will at least put them out of their misery quickly this time.  Send them back to their respective living rooms to watch the playoffs where they're clearly more comfortable 

7 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

I used to defend Ovechkin as the best player to ever play... but now I see why people argue that Crosby is the best... and he is definitely a game changing LEADER, which we do not have 

There's no question 

Ovi is essentially Melo. Crosby is LeBron 

1 minute ago, c slag said:

Just might send Trotz out of town as well

Been on this train 

he's a loser and his attitude permeates 

Looks like if you have a choice between an elite Center and an elite LW, you choose the Center.  Crosby makes a much bigger difference than Ovechkin.

BTW, I don't think Ovechkin has taken care of his body a whole lot. He seems out of shape.  He did not even have 35 goals this year.  That's a dramatic fall, and I am afraid that it is a trend. 

I say rebuild.  Tired of watching these losers.  Rebuilding a team can be fun.  We can keep the younger guys like Kuznetsov and Burakovsky.

Archived