Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016-17 Washington Capitals Thread - Thanks for Everything, Ovi. It's Time to Move on.. #Firesale

DC9

2 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Here we go again. Do you know how many ****ing odd an rushes Holtby faced? The answer is WAY TOO MANY. 

So he was 2 for 4 or something? Vezina goalies steal at least one of those. Im not blaming him, it just is what it is.. Fleury outplayed him.. Sorry.

1 minute ago, GoDeep81 said:

So he was 2 for 4 or something? Vezina goalies steal at least one of those. Im not blaming him, it just is what it is.. Fleury outplayed him.. Sorry.

He didn't get out played. Sorry. Holtby stopped a bunch of odd man chances. Literally, the only difference in the goalies is that the Pens defenseman made an amazing play to save a goal. That's it. 

Just now, TryTheBeal! said:

I don't think either of the following statements are particularly controversial...

Fleury was better than Holtby tonight.

Holtby hasn't been especially good the entire postseason.

Well, the first one is wrong. What did Holtby do wrong? What did Fleury do better?

1 minute ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Not controversial at all. 

2nd goal was horrendous. 

The 2nd goal is all on Holtby, but Fleury gave up tons of rebounds and the only difference is that a pens defenseman made a great play. 

3 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Lost on 3 mental lapses 

inexcusable 

Orpik cannot play in this series. Shattenkirk isn't much better. 

Series isnt  over but they shoulda have won 

Shattenkirk has been a huge disappointment. Orpik and Niskanen are responsible for a couple of goals. Carlson seemed to play real well. 

4 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

i thought they were about to break the record for most 2 on 1's against during that 2nd period

Thank you. It was getting ridiculous. 

This series will not be easy.

Play like this 4 more times. Holtby takes it up another level and we win.

What I liked? 

Big improvement from Leafs series

Dominated shot attempts and play from mid 2nd period on.

Game on fellas. Who knows, we beat Crosby in both game 1's before and still lost 

14 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Holtby' SV % in the playoffs right now. Holy **** 

he has to be better. He has to start making big saves 

Thats my issue with him. You can say goals are or aren't his fault...fine, whatever. But he's gotta prevent sure fire goals from getting in too. He's a Vezina finalist. One of the reasons we're favored is the theory that he'd steal a game or two and put up a truly dominant performance. He has yet to pitch a shutout in the playoffs.

On the way home

Honestly, you gotta bury your chances. Columbus fans probably sounded just like we did after game 1

at the end of the day, those mother****ers make plays every time. They don't flub chances. MAF didn't gift us a goal. Caps have to actually execute in the playoffs, 

2 measly goals in 3 straight ain't cutting it. Pens have proven they can win even win outplayed 

so while I'm confident, we need more end product 

Holtby can't keep having "I mean it was just one bad goal" games. He has to be damn near perfect. Unfortunate but that's the breaks for a cup winning goalie

We are better overall. However, they have the best two players in the series. It's a thin line to tread. They've proven they can do it. Burden is on us

Archived