Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016-17 Washington Capitals Thread - Thanks for Everything, Ovi. It's Time to Move on.. #Firesale

DC9

From a tactical perspective the Pens are killing the Caps on the counter attack. All but 1 non empty net goal has been off the rush.

Might not be a bad idea to back off the agressive forecheck and go into a trap. I don't know if the Pens can forecheck their way to beating us 

I hope it dawned in these guys that this might be their last shot for a while.

The cap is a harsh mistress; this team, if it keeps its core players and playstyle, will not be as good next year.  We will lose people, most likely.

Age is a harsher mistress.  Is Ovi on the decline?  I sure hope not but he was way short of 50 this year.

The young guys have never known a Caps team that lacked Ovi scoring a boatload, except for this year.  The secondary scoring was nice but will that happen consistently?  Are Bura and Kuzy gonna be able to pick up slack?  Will Vrana and Bowey be game changers?  What happens if they aren't?

How long are we suddenly in the wilderness?

And that's just the young guys.  For the older guys, it's probably do or die.  You get it this year or you don't get it at all.  That or you take a big pay cut so the Caps can keep the band together.  Any takers?

1 hour ago, DogofWar1 said:

I hope it dawned in these guys that this might be their last shot for a while.

The cap is a harsh mistress; this team, if it keeps its core players and playstyle, will not be as good next year.  We will lose people, most likely.

Age is a harsher mistress.  Is Ovi on the decline?  I sure hope not but he was way short of 50 this year.

The young guys have never known a Caps team that lacked Ovi scoring a boatload, except for this year.  The secondary scoring was nice but will that happen consistently?  Are Bura and Kuzy gonna be able to pick up slack?  Will Vrana and Bowey be game changers?  What happens if they aren't?

How long are we suddenly in the wilderness?

And that's just the young guys.  For the older guys, it's probably do or die.  You get it this year or you don't get it at all.  That or you take a big pay cut so the Caps can keep the band together.  Any takers?

I don't actually think the transition will be all that bad. Caps have some pieces it could trade in guys like Carlson and Grubby for example. Gotta figure Orpik is at a minimum bought out if not traded. This team will still be very strong and it should be a faster team next year as well. 

Oh well, Shattenturd still in, Alzner still out.. Whatevah. Gotta send the Pens fans home disappointed tonight!

edit: Guess ya can't believe everything you read on Twitter.. NBCSN just said Alzner is playing! But not in place of #22..

26 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

Oh well, Shattenturd still in, Alzner still out.. Whatevah. Gotta send the Pens fans home disappointed tonight!

edit: Guess ya can't believe everything you read on Twitter.. NBCSN just said Alzner is playing! But not in place of #22..

Thought this is what they would do and predicted it earlier today. It makes the most sense as Shattenkirk is more valuable on offense than a 4th liner. Crosby down series is now 100% different.

Crosby is done got his bell rang and has concussion issues.

2 minutes ago, Hersh said:

That's a terrible penalty call. A 5 minute penalty for that??? Crosby was off balance and fell into his forearm. 

Good thing we dressed 7.

Oh man.  If we knocked both Crosby and Malkin out, I would nut.

5 Minutes and ejection for "hitting crosby". Check the rule books, it's there.

Meanwhile tossing yourself into the knee of an individual to such a degree that they are injured and have to leave the game is a 2 minute minor. 

#NHLFacts

5 minute major AND a game misconduct?

Gotta protect that Crosby, right NHL?

Can the Russians hack the NHL so we can see all the emails between the NHL and the refs to protect Crosby and never call penalties on him when he checks people in the balls?

The officials need to be able to review something like that before making that call. If Crosby doesn't call, there still may be a check, but they made the call based on Crosby being wobbly. Total garbage. 

It sucks but I'll take the major, that's probably the end of Crosby's season and sorry I don't normally like injuries but Crosby is a piece of **** and one of the dirtiest players in the league that gets away with murder. There was no intent there to hit him like that he fell on his own into that hit. He has missed entire seasons for concussions. Caps need to score ASAP.

Just now, Zazzaro703 said:

It sucks but I'll take the major, that's probably the end of Crosby's season and sorry I don't normally like injuries but Crosby is a piece of **** and one of the dirtiest players in the league that gets away with murder. There was no intent there to hit him like that he fell on his own into that hit.

I am sure he will be back. 

Archived