Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016-17 Washington Capitals Thread - Thanks for Everything, Ovi. It's Time to Move on.. #Firesale

DC9

Its not about talent. Its about mental fortitude and toughness. This team doesn't have it. Talent doesn't mean as much in the playoffs when the overall talent levels tend to be more even. Sure in the regular season it does because the games largely don't matter and you can feast on garbage teams for 75% of your games.

Just now, mammajamma said:

I'm still trying to figure out why shattenkirk has been so disappointing in the playoffs. I mean, there's still at least 2 games left to adjust, but he's made so many bad shots/passes/adjustments

He's a Capital.

If he were in Pittsburgh or New York he'd be Scott Stevens 2.0.

Well... my soap box is completely broken after last year.

At least the Redskins appear to have had a great draft...

This team has no balls.  No intestinal fortitude.  Nothing.  And they've embarrassed us again.

4 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

I'm still trying to figure out why shattenkirk has been so disappointing in the playoffs. I mean, there's still at least 2 games left to adjust, but he's made so many bad shots/passes/adjustments

I think his +/- is garbage even before he got here. He's not all that to begin with.

Another 2 goal game with no secondary scoring and more defensive breakdowns leading to oddman breaks. 

You simply cannot be on a PP when it's 0-0 and give up a short handed goal cause your point man sucks. That's not the first time he's been beaten that way. 

19 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

I used to defend Ovechkin as the best player to ever play... but now I see why people argue that Crosby is the best... and he is definitely a game changing LEADER, which we do not have 

Yes

Mens vs boys out there tonight.  Game 1 was their shot.  Tonight was DISGRACEFUL!!!  Crosby is just plain better than Ovechkin.  He is a better all-around player.  That is why he's won 2 Stanley Cups.  Out-played, out-coached.  I don't what's going to happen in Game 3, but I don't expect it to be good.  SMH!!!

10 minutes ago, Springfield said:

6-2?

I just got done playing a game of my own.  It was 1-2 when I started.  Wtf Holtby?

Edit:  3 goals on 11 shots!?  That's bad.  Really really bad.

First goal was 5 hole on a breakaway. He could have stopped it, but it wasn't bad goal. Second goal was on a two on one. Didn't have a chance on that one. Third goal was on a two on one. Was a softy.

See the trend though?

also: Pens had 11 shots on goal through 2 periods and beat the Caps 6-2

Archived