Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(Deadspin) Suit: Dez Bryant Left State Senator's Rental House "Littered With Trash And Feces"

BornaSkinsFan83

http://deadspin.com/suit-dez-bryant-left-state-senators-rental-house-litte-1782465228

Suit: Dez Bryant Left State Senator's Rental House "Littered With Trash And Feces"

Dez Bryant has spent 2016 rehabbing from his foot injury and moving out of a house he had rented from Royce West, a Texas state senator and Bryant’s former attorney. But according to a lawsuit filed last week by West, Bryant trashed that house and left it in “serious disrepair.” The Dallas Morning News first reported on the suit, which includes the allegation that the Cowboys wide receiver left the house “littered with trash and feces.”

From the suit:

Continued at the link...

Some pictures of the house here...

http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/2016/06/dallas-cowboys-receiver-dez-bryant-sued-over-60000-in-damage-to-rental-home.html/

Ya know - I'm a slob. Sad but true. I like a little clutter around the old homestead and while I'm not hosting a colony of ****roaches, I'm not exactly "Ms. Manners."

This, though is just gross. How are you gonna leave another person's home looking like that?

Irony...

http://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1048306-bryant-refuses-to-haze-ezekiel-elliott-we-don-t-do-that-in-dallas-anymore

Earlier in his career, Bryant was maligned for his on-field outbursts, but it's evident that he's progressed and matured into one of the leaders of the Cowboys franchise over time.

Keep telling yourselves that, Dallas-suckling media.

Nick

did anyone look at the pictures of the damage that is supposed to be worth somewhere between $60,000-200,000?

foot prints on a carpet and some sort of a spill on a single stair, a small pile of swept up leaves in the garage, and one cracked pane of a window.  

i have no doubt that Dez Bryant is a douche... but somebody else is being a douche here  

I used to clean carpets professionally.

I've done work at some well known people's houses- a couple of former NBA players and a political figure. Jerome Williams house was nice. The other two, yikes. (the other NBA player- multi millionaire - bounced a check. Never did get paid for that job).

Kind of surprising to think that people with tons of money live like such slobs. (and this is coming from someone who isn't a neat freak)

did anyone look at the pictures of the damage that is supposed to be worth somewhere between $60,000-200,000?

foot prints on a carpet and some sort of a spill on a single stair, a small pile of swept up leaves in the garage, and one cracked pane of a window.  

i have no doubt that Dez Bryant is a douche... but somebody else is being a douche here  

It's understandable that some think that the landlord (West) is asking for more money than was actually needed.  I used to think that way, too.  Unfortunately, I was shown reality of home repair and cleaning when a water pipe burst in my attic.  Though the insurance company covered most of it, I still saw the statements for repairs, and my repairs weren't close to what was needed for this house. What I thought would probably be around $5,000 or $6,000 ended up costing in total just under $22,000 for repairs.  And, that was with my wife and I doing some of the work ourselves.

This house was 6,400 square feet.  I know that there was tile, but let's just say, giving Dez the benefit of the doubt, that half the house was carpeted: 3,200 square feet. The carpet needed to be replaced; by law, they can't rent out a home to another tenet, even after carpet cleaning, if the carpet was soiled by the previous tenet.  In a home like that, you aren't getting the cheap carpet, but let's just say that it was $5.00 a square foot for carpet, padding, installation, and removal (again, being way generous to Dez in the figures here, especially considering the damage to the carpet on the stairs and sometimes there is a higher charge for replacing that carpet), that is $16,000 in carpet alone.

If you are looking at the "small" drywall damage picture where the TV used to be and thinking that wouldn't cost much, well the plastering and sanding may not be too much, but then the entire wall, possibly room, would have to be repainted so that it matches. Again, this is a 6,400 square foot home.  You aren't going to just patch a wall and leave it.  They wouldn't do that in a mid-range apartment.  The cabinetry that was damaged may not have extended to all the cabinets, but all of the cabinets have to either be replaced or refinished to match when the work is done.  Your talking thousands of dollars there.  The walls and the cabinetry alone could easily run another $15,000 - $20,000 on the short end.  So, giving Dez the benefit of the doubt on square footage and the use of cheaper replacement materials, that's already $30,000 - $36,000 dollars.  Keep in mind that was only some of the repairs and doesn't touch windows, plantation shutters (which are not cheap), fumigation, any tile that need replacing, or any of the top end appliances that needed repair or replacing.  

The report said that the total bill came to over $61,000, and I'm sure West has an itemized bill for the court.  It really isn't hard to believe it cost that much if you break it down and think about it.  The other monies making the total of the suit as high as $200,000 probably stem from legal fees (West's lawyer isn't going to be cheap), money and time dealing with scheduling all of the work and repairs, and for breach of contract and Dez's dragging this out and not paying up to begin with, which adds to the amount of time and stress West can seek compensation for.

It's one thing to behave so badly to another's property.

And then you read in the article:

"The state senator (the property owner) ... was part of an informal support group of prominent residents created to mentor Bryant and keep him out of trouble.

West also has served as Bryant’s attorney in the past."

Archived