Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gunman Opens Fire at Pulse Gay Nightclub in Orlando

d0ublestr0ker0ll

I can't wrap my head around how he got into a club with these weapons. That seemed to be a popular club and just about every club I've been to at least does a pat down check.

he began with shooting security at the door, the cop was probably outgunned since only a pistol is standard

he began with shooting security at the door, the cop was probably outgunned since only a pistol is standard

That makes sense, thanks.

This is heartbreaking, it's a photo of a mother who had to be consoled by a reporter, her son is unaccounted for.

CkwJHmkUgAAdVUv.jpg

I can't wrap my head around how he got into a club with these weapons. That seemed to be a popular club and just about every club I've been to at least does a pat down check.

club security usually isn't armed. and I wouldn't be surprised if he shot them on his way in....

Bradd Jaffy @BraddJaffy 13m13 minutes ago

"I apologize for what my son did. I don't know why he did it. He is dead, so I can't ask him. I wish I knew," gunman's father tells NBC News

Gunman's father tells NBC News: son got angry when he saw 2 men kissing a couple months ago http://nbcnews.to/28uAq9y 

CNN is reporting that he had military training.

ABC News reporting that he "came onto the radar" of police, but was not the target of an active investigation.

Reports were that he exchanged gun fire with the guard then entered the club at around 2am. The Police assaulted at 5 am?  If those reports are true the Police screwed up three ways to Sunday.

That does seem... odd. Fog of war and all that, but three hours? 

Before we get into a super deep discourse, I'd like to wait for the facts to be gathered so we can determine the motive because right now, it's just an early guess. Would also like to wait until we know how the shooter got the weapons.

He shot up a gay nightclub, is it really unreasonable to assume they were targeted because they were gay?

And does it really matter how he got his guns? This is America, we give out assault rifles like candy on Halloween.

Reports were that he exchanged gun fire with the guard then entered the club at around 2am. The Police assaulted at 5 am?  If those reports are true the Police screwed up three ways to Sunday.

early yet, but if it devolved into a hostage situation vs active shooter the time makes sense

really bad to rush in blazing w/a crowd

He shot up a gay nightclub, is it really unreasonable to assume they were targeted because they were gay?

And does it really matter how he got his guns? This is America, we give out assault rifles like candy on Halloween.

No, we don't.

And you go ahead and assume, that's fine. It's a logical jump. But that jump is often decried on ES on other topics.

No, we don't.

If I decided right now that I hate Christians enough to go shoot up a Sunday church service, I could go to my local gun store and purchase a semi automatic rifle with multiple 30 round magazines and hundreds of rounds of ammo, and I'd have to wait about 20 minutes for a background check to come back (clear) because I'm not a felon. And there is nothing anybody could do to stop me. That is like candy on Halloween.

I've never performed a background check when giving out candy on Halloween.  Maybe I should?  :ph34r:

I also don't know where you live but the gun shops I deal with around here would most definitely not sell an order like that.  Now if you spread that purchase over a few weeks you might get away with it.

Yes but my point was everyone's rushing to "he did it because the Quaran told him to" when it may've been a hatred of gay people having nothing to do with religion.

Now the father is saying there was an incident in Miami where this guy apparently got really pissed that his son had to see two guys kissing each other.

Archived