Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bucky Brooks (NFL.COM): 10 Most Talented Rosters....Dallas at 10 and the GIANTS AT NINE? Huh?

BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

Most talented?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Who has the most talented roster?

What do you consider a serious run? Does nearly making the conference championship where they'd play a team They already beat count as a serious run?

Also, what does the Zorn part even mean?

13-3 and 12-4 stand on their own. Not sure what to tell you if you don't think Tony R has been a good QB for them during his career. He's been one of the best in the league during that time.

Their problem was an overeliance on him and no OL to support him which they have corrected with arguably the best OL in the league and an excellent running game.

But I forgot, Dallas can't improve or fix the problems that cause those seasons and because they were 8-8 a lot previously, they will forever be that. Only the Redskins can improve from our previous results

Never said they can't improved or they have not improved.  But if you look at last year's record, you need to wonder how much improved they are this year, other than getting romoSUCKS back.  And we all know that romoSUCKS is a injury waiting to happen.  If you have a well rounded team you don't go from 12-4 to 4-12 in a year, especially if you suppose to have the best OL in football.  Look at Denver they got horrible QB play and yet won a superbowl because they actually had a great D and the team didn't depend on one player.

romoSUCKS's best quality which IMO is his escapability and extension of broken plays has diminished greatly.  Time will tell.

I'll bite.  What makes their roster the most talented?  I want to understand your thoughts. No malice.  Hail

Best OL in the division, Best QB in the division IMO, Second best WR in the division, Best LB in the division hands down, They added a serious threat in the backfield in Zeke, I like Carr and Church in their secondary. Really, the only weakness I see is their DL and that is because of suspension. There is no guarantee they stay healthy and win anything. But I think they are the most talented roster in the division. I think we are getting close but i think we are another draft away from the most talented roster. It is just my opinion though. So it really means bupkis.

Really, the only weakness I see is their DL and that is because of suspension. 

Secondary?  Linebackers?  Their D is suspect, at THE very best.  Scheme can only do so much. How do you think their D matches up with our O?  I am VERY confident with that aspect.  How do you think our D matches up with their O?  I feel confident there as well.  We can outscore them, methinks.  To say "that" is their only weakness is folly.  Just my opinion mind you. Believe what you want.  Hail 

Secondary?  Linebackers?  Their D is suspect, at THE very best.  Scheme can only do so much. How do you think their D matches up with our O?  I am VERY confident with that aspect.  How do you think our D matches up with their O?  I feel confident there as well.  We can outscore them, methinks.  To say "that" is their only weakness is folly.  Just my opinion mind you. Believe what you want.  Hail 

Cowboys fans don't even think their defense has only one weakness lol...they are skeptical of their D-Line, they don't know who will provide the pass rush, they want Carr gone yesterday lol...they feel the defense can't step up at end of games and the fact that the defense was only able to get 11 turnovers all season is a concern.

The Cowboys are .500 since 1997.  Most popular franchise in pro sports.  What's that popularity based on?  'Cause it's sure not football related. (And don't tell me superbowls because Pittsburgh would be the most popular, not to mention the fact they've occurred within the last two decades.)

Who is their "best LB in the division hands down"? Enlighten me. Hail

Sean Lee.

Really like the Redskins chances this year. Torn on giving us best roster though. I'd be pretty comfortable saying we have the most potential though...

It's May people, Bucky and the rest gotta eat too so there will be a ton of fluff pieces like this for a couple months that all together don't mean ****. Doesn't mean "we" are getting insulted, doesn't take anything away from the team, just means that word grinders gonna grind, whether there's anything to say or not.....Count us as an "easy win" in May, look past us to others getting the hype, pay no attention to that man behind the curtain making our roster stronger by the day, totally forget about the Scherff-Moses combo on the right side, Crowder's performance and especially forget about Preston, nahhhh, nothing to see here, go dab with Cam, go share a tear with Brady, go talk about the Vegas Raiduhs, we've been through rehab and don't need that me-me-me fix anymore.

Holy ****, is there a brick wall I can run through? F'n A, how does this not have 10 likes at least!

Holy ****, is there a brick wall I can run through? F'n A, how does this not have 10 likes at least!

To be honest, I loved it. But we're all scared to go full homer. It's inside of us all, and it's objectively legit... still, no one wants to admit it, though. :lol:

It's May people, Bucky and the rest gotta eat too so there will be a ton of fluff pieces like this for a couple months that all together don't mean ****. Doesn't mean "we" are getting insulted, doesn't take anything away from the team, just means that word grinders gonna grind, whether there's anything to say or not.

Personally, I LIKE this article, go ahead, build up expectations in NY and Dallas, get them all fired up about their great prospects and what a shoo in they'll be, makes it all the sweeter when we roll in and curbstomp their asses. We've seen it all, making a big trade up for a QB (Philly), overspending on FAs (NY), lopsided rosters (Dal), all of it, and I'll take a stellar GM that has earned his respect up and down the organization, a motivated team full of guys that talk about being hungry to build on success, young depth getting on the field eager to impress, a premier O line maven fielding the best unit we've seen in years, etc., etc. and so on.

I don't need (or even really want) the media or other fans cooing about our chances, keep living in the past and dismiss us before the firing even starts. Count us as an "easy win" in May, look past us to others getting the hype, pay no attention to that man behind the curtain making our roster stronger by the day, totally forget about the Scherff-Moses combo on the right side, Crowder's performance and especially forget about Preston, nahhhh, nothing to see here, go dab with Cam, go share a tear with Brady, go talk about the Vegas Raiduhs, we've been through rehab and don't need that me-me-me fix anymore.

This, 1000 times this.

During the Vinny era, we lived--LIVED--for the preseason accolades. It got us precisely dick. I've been saying the same thing all year about the Nationals--ignore us, forget about us, forget about the amount of talent on this team. Talk about Toxic Clubhouse. Talk about all the negatives. Talk about how great everyone else is.

Slurp the Giants. Slurp the Cowboys. Take it all in and swallow the gravy. Come September all the talk doesn't mean a ****ing thing. It's occurred to me, as it has many others, all these years, these analysts on NFL Network, and ESPN don't know ****. They are paid just to talk--doesn't matter if anything they say is any good, or accurate. They're just useless windbags.

So ignore us. Don't talk about us in the preseason. I want the team you will talk about in the postseason.

Started to try to rank the different units in our division, but it's made a bit more difficult since I wasn't sure whether to use our base D or nickel. Mostly I'd be curious to hear what you guys think.

QB - 3rd (though he has the brightest future obviously)

RB - 3rd/4th?

WR - 2

TE - 1

Oline - 2?

Dline - 2-4 (this one's tough... Philly's probably 1, but after that it gets a bit murky)

LB - 1? (also tough - our ILBs aren't special, but we have 3 stud OLBs. If I separate them, I'd go OLB - 1, ILB ~ 4)

Corner - 1

Safety ~ 1 (really don't know enough about this one though)

ST- 1 (coverage was actually good last year and our K/P are very solid, though we need to see more from Hopkins)

Started to try to rank the different units in our division, but it's made a bit more difficult since I wasn't sure whether to use our base D or nickel. Mostly I'd be curious to hear what you guys think.

QB - 3rd (though he has the brightest future obviously)

RB - 3rd/4th?

WR - 2

TE - 1

Oline - 2?

Dline - 2-4 (this one's tough... Philly's probably 1, but after that it gets a bit murky)

LB - 1? (also tough - our ILBs aren't special, but we have 3 stud OLBs. If I separate them, I'd go OLB - 1, ILB ~ 4)

Corner - 1

Safety ~ 1 (really don't know enough about this one though)

ST- 1 (coverage was actually good last year and our K/P are very solid, though we need to see more from Hopkins)

As I see it

QB- 3...potentially 2

RB- 3

WR-2...potentially 1

TE-1

Oline-2

DL- 3

LB (ILB/OLB) -2...potentially 1

Corner - 1

Safety - 3

ST- who knows

Sean Lee is the best linebacker in the division and it aint even close.

True. And I'd take him in a heartbeat over what we have at ILB. But he's never played a full season. Sure, he's only missed more than half of the season once (2012), but his career high is till 15 games...back in 2011.

He's torn his ACL 3 times and got 2 concussions last year. He's still (relatively) young, but he's got the kind of injury history already that might leave him crippled by 35. I view him similar to romoSUCKS, but younger: great player when healthy, but that's going to be a lot bigger of a caveat than most people realize.

They were arguably the best team in the playoffs 2 years ago before Dez and the non-catch controversy in GB.. Then they where decimated by injury last year and we benefited massively. If healthy again, they're by far and away the best in the East right now IMHO. We're building for our time down the line.

They should have never even been in that position. Detroit had them beaten halfway through the 4th before that PI flag against Anthony Hitchens was picked up for whatever reason.

Edit: Already been discussed... Ugh... sorry

Nick

Brooks labeling of "blue chip" players is terrible. The way he throws out that title we could easily have kirk cousins, DeSean jackson, Jordan reed, Trent williams, Ryan Kerrigan, josh norman, breeland, our kicker and punter,

I think an unbiased person would choose either the skins or the Cowboys here.

I'm choosing the skins because while the Cowboys do out match us at a few positions (namely rb and oline), we out match them at several positions and overall I think we have more potential along with better structure and depth than that of the cowboys.

Roster building over the 5 years has really improved since the Cerrato years.

It is also pretty funny that the Eagles aren't an option in the poll.

Archived