Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bucky Brooks (NFL.COM): 10 Most Talented Rosters....Dallas at 10 and the GIANTS AT NINE? Huh?

BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

Most talented?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Who has the most talented roster?

QB - 2nd (Potentially First) if Kirk continues to progress.  romoSUCKS was hurt all season and Eli threw 100 INTS
RB - 3rd potentially 2nd (Dallas has the RBs but we have a lot of potential)
WR - 1st there is no doubt in my mind we are #1 here (Garcon, Jackson and Crowder)
TE - 1 As Long as Reed stays healthy and cant wait to see Niles back out there!
Oline - 2 Finally?

Dline -3 We just have a lot of if/then guys except for Baker.
ILB - 4 potentially 3 if Speights develops and Compton reads plays.  

OLB: 1 Easy pick here Really hoping we put some real pressure on QBs
Corner - 1 Another easy one
Safety ~ 3 With DHall transitioning and Duke's injury history as well as a rookie in Sua.  I think this is a group with potential but "show me"  Cant wait to see Sua in pre-season.  I remember ST in preseason and I was like WOW!!!  I think it will be clear very quickly what type of player he will be. 

ST- 1 With Niles (captain of ST) back this year Im looking forward to good coverage, I think that Ross will end up doing returns.  

Eli manning interception totals by year:

2016-??

2015-14

2014-14

2013-27

2012-15

2011-16

2010-25

2009-14

2008-10

2007-20

Looks like based on history he is due for 20+ this year.   And just for fun he has thrown 199 INTS in 12 years which averages out to 16.5 per year.  Dude throws it to the wrong team a lot.

QB - 2nd (Potentially First) if Kirk continues to progress. romoSUCKS was hurt all season and Eli threw 100 INTS

RB - 3rd potentially 2nd (Dallas has the RBs but we have a lot of potential)

WR - 1st there is no doubt in my mind we are #1 here (Garcon, Jackson and Crowder)

TE - 1 As Long as Reed stays healthy and cant wait to see Niles back out there!

Oline - 2 Finally?

Dline -3 We just have a lot of if/then guys except for Baker.

ILB - 4 potentially 3 if Speights develops and Compton reads plays.

OLB: 1 Easy pick here Really hoping we put some real pressure on QBs

Corner - 1 Another easy one

Safety ~ 3 With DHall transitioning and Duke's injury history as well as a rookie in Sua. I think this is a group with potential but "show me" Cant wait to see Sua in pre-season. I remember ST in preseason and I was like WOW!!! I think it will be clear very quickly what type of player he will be.

ST- 1 With Niles (captain of ST) back this year Im looking forward to good coverage, I think that Ross will end up doing returns.

Agree with most of that. Wouldn't be surprised if Cousins wound up 1st or 2nd, but I think it's premature to put him top two yet). Also not sure about our Wrs - Giants with Beckham, Cruz and their rook are pretty darn good. Got me thinking though... if we rank overall pass catchers, I think we're clearly #1.

Stepping even further back, I'd take our passing game as a whole over the other's - factoring in pass pro, QB and pass catchers.

Run game I'd put us 4th, but I think there's a good chance we can improve quite a bit here (whether or not we overtake the others)

Run D is about the same - we're almost certainly 4th at the moment, but there's some potential there.

Pass rush - even with the questions at NT/RDE, we're probably the leaders in this category - Kerrigan, Smith, Galette and Baker are a very good group, and I think RJF is a very good rotational guy (if he doesn't start).

Pass coverage - maybe 1, though safeties are a bit uncertain.

ST - (still) #1 IMO.

Of course. That's not some novel thought.

It's not the topic of the article though.

1) I didn't realize that we were only allowed to post "novel thoughts"...must have missed that in the board rules...

tumbleweed.jpg

(ES 24 hours later...)

2) Go back and read the lengthy dialogue in this thread about whether or not Dallas can, will, or ever did "make a serious run" during the Jerruh/Garrett era, and whether or not the talent on their roster is enough to answer that as "yes", to better understand my post.

1) I didn't realize that we were only allowed to post "novel thoughts"...must have missed that in the board rules.

2) Go back and read the lengthy dialogue in this thread about whether or not Dallas can, will, or ever did "make a serious run" during the Jerruh/Garrett era, and whether or not the talent on their roster is enough to answer that as "yes", to better understand my post.

You seem to get offended super easy. Chill dude.

I read the thread.

Dallas 2014 run was a serious run.

Always amuses me how you can't say anything positive about the hated rival.

They were arguably the best team in the playoffs 2 years ago before Dez and the non-catch controversy in GB.. Then they where decimated by injury last year and we benefited massively. If healthy again, they're by far and away the best in the East right now IMHO. We're building for our time down the line.

Dallas' time with Tony is now. Zeke scares me witless. Guaranteed O rook of the year for me all things being equal. He could well end uo Emmit good. Still shocked rhey picked Smith the high second instead of someone like a DE who could contribute now that they badly lack. But that O, if it stays healthy, is scary good.

Tie me to a stake and burn me in hot oil but Dallas is my NFC SB pick..

Hail.

and we weren't? but we still finished on top

Everyone in this league has talent.  Put them with other dudes with the right talent for them, then something happens.

The article missed that point.  

We'll see what happens.  We will have an air assault the likes that this team has never seen.  The only problem will be that there are about 15 other teams out there that also kick ass in the air.  

Cousins will thrive, as well as the WR's.  

That we did and a fantastic ride it was.

But without Cousins and Reed, ala romoSUCKS and Bryant, I'm not so sure that happens.

Hail.

Exactly. Our injuries sucked but it's nothing compared to losing your QB, a legit great QB mind you and Dez who was a at worst a top 5 WR in the league going into the season.

We saw how crappy our offense was just without Reed. Imagine losing that and rolling with McCoy for 13 or so games

The problem I have with the talent question in Dallas is that the entire offense relies on the QB who makes all his big time plays off schedule. Granted losing your signal caller is tough but what kind of offensive talent do you really have when you can't get the other 10 players to execute with out him?

So Brooks is essentially pointing out the Cowboys are a bunch of combine All Stars that cannot act like a team without their QB pulling impossible plays out of his ass. I believe the "Skins are a better talented team that the rest of the division.

Junior Galette, Shawn Lauvao, Kory L (eligble to return), Chris Culliver, Niles Paul, Duke Ihenacho, Logan Paulsen, Kyshoen Jarrett, Adam Hayward, Martrell Spaight, Stephen Paea, Andre Roberts, Justin Rogers, Derek Carrier, and don't forget the stolen Tevin Mitchell. Detest the Colts for that BTW.  Nothing compared to what?  Lets take away Travis & Zack and see how it goes for them.  We essentially DID that last year, with many more losses, in multiple areas.  Anyway, hail.   

How's that Dallas camaraderie going? Hmmmmm...thats got a lot to do with success. They are disjointed, fragmented...solely IMO. I would easily go with a tight and hard working team than with some people who think it is deserved because of the BS prima donna "America's Team" hype.

Exactly. Our injuries sucked but it's nothing compared to losing your QB, a legit great QB mind you and Dez who was a at worst a top 5 WR in the league going into the season.

We saw how crappy our offense was just without Reed. Imagine losing that and rolling with McCoy for 13 or so games

I mean, you could argue we did lose our starting QB (Griffin), our starting tight end (Paul), and our best starting WR (Jackson).  All of ours just happened before the season even started.  The fact that their replacements came in and did an even BETTER job (Cousins and Reed anyway) to me means better coaching and a better depth chart.  Not to mention losing Breeland, Culliver, Galette, and Kerrigan for part of the season on defense.  Technically we WERE rolling with backups for most of the season.

We did a better job at adjusting when our starters went down, our backups performed well enough to win more games than Dallas' backups, therefore I think we had the overall better team.

Just playing devil's advocate though.

I mean, you could argue we did lose our starting QB (Griffin), our starting tight end (Paul), and our best starting WR (Jackson). All of ours just happened before the season even started. The fact that their replacements came in and did an even BETTER job (Cousins and Reed anyway) to me means better coaching and a better depth chart. Not to mention losing Breeland, Culliver, Galette, and Kerrigan for part of the season on defense. Technically we WERE rolling with backups for most of the season.

We did a better job at adjusting when our starters went down, our backups performed well enough to win more games than Dallas' backups, therefore I think we had the overall better team.

Just playing devil's advocate though.

Griffin was benched for Cousins. That's not the same as losing your starting QB, again a great and top 10 QB, due to injury. Niles Paul...nobody knows what he was going to do and even throwing him in with Jackson doesn't equal the impact of losing Dez, one of the best in the league.

Griffin was benched for Cousins. That's not the same as losing your starting QB, again a great and top 10 QB, due to injury. Niles Paul...nobody knows what he was going to do and even throwing him in with Jackson doesn't equal the impact of losing Dez, one of the best in the league.

Cousins only got the start initially because we lost Griffin to injury (concussion) in the Lions pre-season game. I mean don't get me wrong it worked out for the best but it WAS initially due to injury. If Griffin wasn't injured there's no guarantee Gruden makes the switch. Griffin was initially slated to be the starter the next game until that last second concussion diagnosis made the team have to start Kirk. It definitely wasn't the team's Plan A.

As far as Niles, regardless of what he was going to do, he WAS listed as the starter before getting injured. So from a coaching standpoint its hard to say that the team was MORE optimistic once he went down. Again it worked out for the best but definitley can't minimize the impact of having to gameplan for a different starter. Again not the Team's Plan A.

As far as Dez, he is objectively a better weapon than Jackson. But looking at he impact Jackson had to our offense (games he played vs. games he was out at the beginning of the season), I think its fair to say that Jackson was at least as important (if not more) to our offensive gameplanning as Dez was to Dallas last season.

In my mind, the lack of drop off from starter to backup production doesn't mean our starters are not as important as Dallas'. To me its a factor that should count IN our favor because it shows we have an overall stronger team. The fact that there was such a dropoff from Dallas's starters to their backups seems to indicate that they have a less complete roster with more holes. Dallas may have more "first team" overall talent, but that only helps if everyone is healthy. To me the Redskins have the better overall roster, and therefore seem to be the safer bet to stay competitive once the inevitable injuries to starters happen during the season.

So while Dallas' "Plan A" players may be objectively more talented than ours, the fact that we lost just as many "Plan A" players makes me think that the comparison should be skewed more in our favor. I think our coaching staff should get more credit for being able to design an offense that isn't so dependent on only starters to be able to run it effectively.

And they didnt have anything close to Mccoy backing up romoSUCKS. The Brokebacks had the worst QB play in the league last year for sure.

Our Offense was not just without Reed. It was also without 2/5s of the starting Offensive line. Once we lost those 2 our running game was non-existent. Also, we were missing Jackson for almost half the season. That's 3 starters missing much of the season and another one missing several games. Not to mention outside Reed we had no TEs so we had to use one of our Oline as the blocking TE! Talk about telegraphing our plays!

Also, we started more people in the secondary than any team in the NFL - 11. We started 3 players on D that were not even on the team to start the season including one of our starting CBs was signed the same week as the PO game! Over all we lost over 180 starter games due to injury, including losing both starting Ss before the season even started!

This idea that we had "a few bad" injuries is just not accurate. We were decimated by injuries. Just because they were not household names or the QB, it's all brushed under like it's not big deal.

As for dallast, yes, they lost dummo and dez. But if losing 2 players, any two players can have that much impact then they are not that good a team. Also, dummo was playing like **** even before he was injured. He was perfectly healthy against Carolina as it was his second game back and he played like crap.

As for dallast, yes, they lost dummo and dez. But if losing 2 players, any two players can have that much impact then they are not that good a team. Also, dummo was playing like **** even before he was injured. He was perfectly healthy against Carolina as it was his second game back and he played like crap.

Yeah he played like crap against a 15-1 team with a top defense so that means he wasn't a huge loss 1 game after returning from a broken collarbone

Also, I assume the Colts from 2001-2010 werent a good team since they were basically a Manning injury away from being below .500.

But he still has those rings......

So what? Trent Dilfer got one and Marino none...

Having rings doesn't make you better than what you really are. Especially when you got one out of a helmet catch.

Eli is way overrated to me. Not a bad QB but an average one that can play anywhere in the spectrum of PB level to beyond horrible week in, week out.

Archived