Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bucky Brooks (NFL.COM): 10 Most Talented Rosters....Dallas at 10 and the GIANTS AT NINE? Huh?

BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

Most talented?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Who has the most talented roster?

Love you GHH, but could not disagree more. It's amazing how everyone forgets about the Detroit game (at Dallas) that was stolen from them. It always the "GB game" and everyone conveniently forgets about THAT game....media bias perhaps?   ;) .  Beyond that, what have the Cowboys really done to sack up defensively?  Really, very little. They are not "far and away the team to beat."  In no way, shape, form and/or fashion. Hell GHH, I honestly think WE have better talent now, truly. Hail brother

Love and hail ya' too bro', but next time, do me a favour and don't quote me after I've been texting whilst out on my cell. 

I've just re-read my post and and had to correct NINE words! Blasted iPhone!  :angry:.

Hail. 

Bucky is a guy who I've completely disregarded for his draft stuff because of his outlandish predictions and honestly I think he's just another Brian Baldinger. Another guy who has no business grading rosters and drafts.

With that said, it's whatever. These articles are written every off-season and the majority of them are wrong. The Giants defense is awful. Signing a bunch of guys from different teams and different systems that you don't even know if they'll gel or not doesn't mean they upgraded. Look at our history of doing so just to get an idea of how it can turn out.

The Cowboys on the other hand are loaded. They have talent all over the field. It means nothing if romoSUCKS can't stay healthy and I don't think he can. I'm biased but I still feel like the Redskins are the best team in the division if Kirk continues to develop.

Dallas and NYG are both top heavy teams.  If all their starters stay healthy, they will both be tough to beat, but it's rare that all your starters stay healthy during an NFL season. 

The way those GMs built their teams, they are paper thin behind their "star" players, whereas Scot has focused on making sure we have good depth at key spots.  For example, an injury to Dez or OBJ will likely ruin both teams' chances at a playoff run, whereas an injury to Reed would hurt us, but we'd be a lot better off than they would be.

There are a number of Cowboys fans saying the same thing about their team on their message board...that from players 1-12 they are talented but from 13-53 the talent drops off a cliff, I mean like Browns backups-level talent lol...making it difficult to keep the ship right when the inevitable injuries occur.

The Cowboys on the other hand are loaded. They have talent all over the field.

\Who is their talent on defense?

I break down the talent levels between the Cowboys and Redskins like this:

romoSUCKS > Cousins, but this may be the last year anyone can say that

Their RBs > Our RBs, since we have an entire unit of question marks at the moment

Our pass catchers >>> their pass catchers...as great as Dez is, romoSUCKS would destroy defenses if he were throwing to Jackson, Garcon, Reed, Crowder and Doctson

Their OL >> Our OLine, but the gap is closing...

I'll call our DLs a wash simply because I know next to nothing about their DLinemen lol

Our pass rushers > Their pass rushers...I'm guessing that the Cowboys wouldn't mind having Kerrigan, Preston Smith and Gallette as their starters this season. Lawrence seems to be the pass rusher they have who could be legit.

I'm gonna say Breeland and Norman > Claiborne and Carr

I'm not sure about the safeties

Cowboys kicker > Our Kicker...could change, though

Redskins punter > Their punter

What kills me is that the media are quick to point out that the Skins only won the NFC East because it was pathetically weak last season, yet they seem to conveniently forget that Dallas couldn't even get FIVE ******* WINS last year while in this pathetically weak division?!

:angry:

(never mind that when romoSUCKS was in he threw 7 picks and 5 TDs, Oh but sure the Cowboys' season was only bad because he was injured...yeah, I'm sure that was all it was)

628.gif

Can I be blunt? I don't care who has the best roster. For years, we had the best roster on paper. The only thing it got us was paper cuts.

I want the best team and I want wins. This stuff their talking about... the number of blue chippers... maybe that matters if you're building your fantasy roster. Let the Cowboys and Giants win the paper battle. I want to win in Sept, Oct. Nov. Dec. and January.

Can I be blunt? I don't care who has the best roster. For years, we had the best roster on paper. The only thing it got us was paper cuts.

I want the best team and I want wins. This stuff their talking about... the number of blue chippers... maybe that matters if you're building your fantasy roster. Let the Cowboys and Giants win the paper battle. I want to win in Sept, Oct. Nov. Dec. and January.

Don't think we've had the best roster on paper for years, don't recall the perception being that either for the most part.  Among other things, I am used to picking up the football magazines and them predicting us finishing last.  Heck they even did so after 2012.  If you mean we used to have the sexy off season signings like the Giants do now, I agree with that.  

We signed guys past their prime or guys like Randle El, Archuleta for big money who were 2nd tier players at best with their previous teams.  Ironically one of our most intriguing signings on paper over the years was Albert -- he was young and elite -- but that wasn't the typical signing.   And we gave up draft picks like candy so we weren't a young roster -- don't think too many people were saying we had among the best rosters on paper.   

But yeah I do recall at the time, many of the free agency signings were celebrated like the Giants signings are now -- if that's the point.  But we generally had less draft picks then just about any team -- so we tended to have one of the thinest rosters in the NFL, and it usually didn't go unnoticed.  At many positions, this is one of the deepest rosters we've had IMO in eons.

Ironically the Giants remind me of our old rosters, its top heavy IMO but not deep.   Jerry Reese as the NY papers have pointed out has had multiple bad drafts in a row.

Pretty easy to understand--the teams with the most established QB's get ranked the highest, almost always. Cousins has to prove himself again to get into that category with the media. Giants have Eli and weapons for him, and they dumped a ton of money into the defense. That's all the media needs to see. Cowboys have romoSUCKS, weapons to throw to, and presumably a running game, as well as a meh defense with Sean Lee when healthy. That's all the media needs to see. We don't get the benefit of the doubt yet and neither does Kirk. No big deal.

So... 12 teams made the playoffs. Houston only got in because of a weak division and got shut out in the playoffs, so understandable to not include them.

The Patriots are cheaters... but I mean, they're still a very talented team and made it to the Conference Finals, and they were left off the list?

And then the Redskins--and the Packers who bested them in the playoffs--in favor of two of the Redskins' divisional rivals who failed to even make the playoffs? Cute list.

Pretty easy to understand--the teams with the most established QB's get ranked the highest, almost always. Cousins has to prove himself again to get into that category with the media. Giants have Eli and weapons for him, and they dumped a ton of money into the defense. That's all the media needs to see. Cowboys have romoSUCKS, weapons to throw to, and presumably a running game, as well as a meh defense with Sean Lee when healthy. That's all the media needs to see. We don't get the benefit of the doubt yet and neither does Kirk. No big deal.

They might be able to hide behind that if they didn't exclude the teams with Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady.

It's May people, Bucky and the rest gotta eat too so there will be a ton of fluff pieces like this for a couple months that all together don't mean ****. Doesn't mean "we" are getting insulted, doesn't take anything away from the team, just means that word grinders gonna grind, whether there's anything to say or not.

Personally, I LIKE this article, go ahead, build up expectations in NY and Dallas, get them all fired up about their great prospects and what a shoo in they'll be, makes it all the sweeter when we roll in and curbstomp their asses. We've seen it all, making a big trade up for a QB (Philly), overspending on FAs (NY), lopsided rosters (Dal), all of it, and I'll take a stellar GM that has earned his respect up and down the organization, a motivated team full of guys that talk about being hungry to build on success, young depth getting on the field eager to impress, a premier O line maven fielding the best unit we've seen in years, etc., etc. and so on.

I don't need (or even really want) the media or other fans cooing about our chances, keep living in the past and dismiss us before the firing even starts. Count us as an "easy win" in May, look past us to others getting the hype, pay no attention to that man behind the curtain making our roster stronger by the day, totally forget about the Scherff-Moses combo on the right side, Crowder's performance and especially forget about Preston, nahhhh, nothing to see here, go dab with Cam, go share a tear with Brady, go talk about the Vegas Raiduhs, we've been through rehab and don't need that me-me-me fix anymore.

Blue Chip - Norman, Kerrigan, Williams, Jackson, Garcon, Moses, Scherff

On the Rise - Cousins, Breeland, Baker, Crowder, Jones, Smith

No way are Jackson, Garcon, Moses and Scherff blue chip players. I wouldn't even put Kerrigan there honestly.

I consider Blue chip to be elite, whatever that means. And we have 3 of them. Norman, Reed and Williams.

On the rise: Cousins, Breeland, Scherrf that's probably all I'm Comfortable saying. Maybe Smith.

I am gonna get skewered for this but....I think with a healthy romoSUCKS Dallas has the most talented roster overall. The SKins would be second IMO. Giants OL is a mess but they do have OBJ. Philly is a train wreck.

Talented Roster.  Ok I will play.

We romoSUCKS all these years and us basically sucking (other 2012) this is the Cowboys under romoSUCKS.

2015 4-12-0 4th -- NFC East -- Jason Garrett Roster / Stats 2014 12-4-0 1st -- NFC East 1-1 - Lost Divisional Playoffs Jason Garrett Roster / Stats 2013 8-8-0 2nd -- NFC East -- Jason Garrett Roster / Stats 2012 8-8-0 3rd -- NFC East -- Jason Garrett Roster / Stats 2011 8-8-0 T2nd -- NFC East -- Jason Garrett Roster / Stats 2010 6-10-0 T3rd -- NFC East -- Wade Phillips,

Jason Garrett Roster / Stats 2009 11-5-0 1st -- NFC East 1-1 - Lost Divisional Playoffs Wade Phillips Roster / Stats 2008 9-7-0 3rd -- NFC East -- Wade Phillips Roster / Stats 2007 13-3-0 1st -- NFC East 0-1 - Lost Divisional Playoffs Wade Phillips Roster / Stats 2006 9-7-0 2nd -- NFC East 0-1 - Lost Wild Card Playoffs Bill Parcells Roster / Stats

So please tell me, other the anomaly of last year where they had a running back go off, while both us and the Giants sucked, where has romoSUCKS really helped this team as a Franchise QB.  And why would he do it this year after multiple fractures on his shoulder and still a D that has not been helped at all by management?  If you look at the above seasons, I say the seasons where they went 12-4, 13-3 and 11-5 was more of a product of the other 3 teams sucking that the boys being that good. 

Dallas will never make a serious run for it all as long as Garrett is head coach and Jerruh is GM.

Imagine giving Dallas' entire roster to Zorn and Vinny...would anyone alive think they would now be making a "serious run for it all"? lol

What do you consider a serious run? Does nearly making the conference championship where they'd play a team They already beat count as a serious run?

Also, what does the Zorn part even mean?

Talented Roster. Ok I will play.

We romoSUCKS all these years and us basically sucking (other 2012) this is the Cowboys under romoSUCKS.

2015 4-12-0 4th -- NFC East -- Jason Garrett Roster / Stats 2014 12-4-0 1st -- NFC East 1-1 - Lost Divisional Playoffs Jason Garrett Roster / Stats 2013 8-8-0 2nd -- NFC East -- Jason Garrett Roster / Stats 2012 8-8-0 3rd -- NFC East -- Jason Garrett Roster / Stats 2011 8-8-0 T2nd -- NFC East -- Jason Garrett Roster / Stats 2010 6-10-0 T3rd -- NFC East -- Wade Phillips,

Jason Garrett Roster / Stats 2009 11-5-0 1st -- NFC East 1-1 - Lost Divisional Playoffs Wade Phillips Roster / Stats 2008 9-7-0 3rd -- NFC East -- Wade Phillips Roster / Stats 2007 13-3-0 1st -- NFC East 0-1 - Lost Divisional Playoffs Wade Phillips Roster / Stats 2006 9-7-0 2nd -- NFC East 0-1 - Lost Wild Card Playoffs Bill Parcells Roster / Stats

So please tell me, other the anomaly of last year where they had a running back go off, while both us and the Giants sucked, where has romoSUCKS really helped this team as a Franchise QB. And why would he do it this year after multiple fractures on his shoulder and still a D that has not been helped at all by management? If you look at the above seasons, I say the seasons where they went 12-4, 13-3 and 11-5 was more of a product of the other 3 teams sucking that the boys being that good.

13-3 and 12-4 stand on their own. Not sure what to tell you if you don't think Tony R has been a good QB for them during his career. He's been one of the best in the league during that time.

Their problem was an overeliance on him and no OL to support him which they have corrected with arguably the best OL in the league and an excellent running game.

But I forgot, Dallas can't improve or fix the problems that cause those seasons and because they were 8-8 a lot previously, they will forever be that. Only the Redskins can improve from our previous results

No way are Jackson, Garcon, Moses and Scherff blue chip players. I wouldn't even put Kerrigan there honestly.

I consider Blue chip to be elite, whatever that means. And we have 3 of them. Norman, Reed and Williams.

On the rise: Cousins, Breeland, Scherrf that's probably all I'm Comfortable saying. Maybe Smith.

I think that's fair, but I'd definitely put Galette and Smith as potentials. While I don't like his chances, I think there's a chance that Jones surprises... but he (and the others) will be hard pressed to reach that elite level.

Kerrigan's an interesting one... I don't think he'll ever be a top 5 type of guy (at his position), but I think I'd rather have the consistently top 10(ish?) guy than someone who is up and down. Sure, they offer more potential, but what if their aggregate numbers are less than Kerrigan's?

Jackson's another... he's certainly not a blue chip based off his numbers alone, but in terms of his worth to our team (quick strike opportunities, stretching out the D for our other pass catchers and the dynamism he provides the offense), I could see the argument that he's a blue chipper for our team... if that makes sense.

Overall though, I personally don't think we're anywhere close to having one of the most talented rosters... but we're certainly on the right path.

Too many variables.

Dallas' dominance 2 years ago was in large part because oft injured DeMarco Murray had a career year. Will their new RB be as good as the draft hype? How many here would have believed Almo would be a superior RB to Trent Richardson? What's the over/under on how many games romoSUCKS will play? Likewise for Gallette and J Reed.

Tragically, Skeletor has finally realized the uber importance of drafting OL, which suggests the Cowgirls have some solid years ahead, at least until Gomer Pyle is finished at QB. romoSUCKS actually seems like a very nice guy, so I hope he retires before his back suffers any permanent damage.

Was Preston Smith's emergence at the end of the season the sign of a trend, or just an anomaly? Will Galette finally be healthy, and if so, will he regain his prior form? On paper, our defense reminds me of the 2007 Giants - a lot of tweeners along the DL/LB spots who can be placed in a panoply of alignments to attack the QB.

What do you consider a serious run? Does nearly making the conference championship where they'd play a team They already beat count as a serious run?

Also, what does the Zorn part even mean?

1) I don't consider being a blown call away from a loss in the wildcard round a "serious run"...

2) You're not really asking this, are you? lol...the "Zorn part" means that Garrett and Jerruh = Zorn and Vinny. And no matter how "talented on paper" any roster those two could have had together, they weren't qualified enough to get a talented roster to anything other than an occasional playoff birth. Same goes for Garrett and Jerruh...and let's face it, their time together as GM/HC backs me up.

1) I don't consider being a blown call away from a loss in the wildcard round a "serious run"...

2) You're not really asking this, are you? lol...the "Zorn part" means that Garrett and Jerruh = Zorn and Vinny. And no matter how "talented on paper" any roster those two could have had together, they weren't qualified enough to get a talented roster to anything other than an occasional playoff birth. Same goes for Garrett and Jerruh...and let's face it, their time together as GM/HC backs me up.

Blown calls happen all the time. It's part of football. They were a very good team that year and definitely made what most rational people would consider a serious run. I know if the Redskins had been in their place, skating by Detroit and then losing the heartbreaker to GB, we would be considering it a great success and big time playoff run they fell a bit short.

Also, I thought that's what you meant but hoped it wasn't regarding the Zorn comment. Garret is a much much better coach then Zorn could ever think of being. The Dallas FO hasn't been nearly the disaster that Vinny was either so I don't see how that's a relevant comment

The Cowboys o-line talent helps them maximize their talent on offense. But no way can you convince me they have more talent then us on defense. When you have teams in recent history like Houston and Arizona making the playoffs with QB rotations, Dallas winning only 4 games stands out to me like a sore thumb.

Just to come off the whole picture for a second, there is a real good chance the Giants offense is pretty damn good this year.

Passing game with Cruz back, yes. Offense in general with that o-line and running back situation? Suspect at best, imo.

The suburbs and rural areas of their roster is colored in garbage, their stars won't be able to make them a playoff team alone.

Blown calls happen all the time. It's part of football.

The blown call was in their favor, you realize that, right? lol...down 20-17 with 8 minutes left in the game, Lions on the move and facing a 3rd and short. They get the 1st down, they can go up 10 points with around 5 mins to go.

All blown calls aren't the same or hold the same importance...this blown call played a huge role in keeping the Cowboys' alive in the playoffs ("Cowboys caught a huge, huge break"). Teams that are legit in making a serious run don't need "huge, huge breaks" to help them make that run. The Cowboys most definitely needed it.

They were a very good team that year and definitely made what most rational people would consider a serious run. I know if the Redskins had been in their place, skating by Detroit and then losing the heartbreaker to GB, we would be considering it a great success and big time playoff run they fell a bit short.

And if that happened with Vinny and Zorn, my confidence level in that run being "serious" would have been around 2% lol...as would a lot of other ES members. And if the Zorn/Vinny combo went 4-12 the following year, regardless of injuries, the reaction would have been "Was 2014 a mirage?"

Don't believe me? Go read the Cowboys' message board...they are having that exact same discussion and debate week after week. You really think Vinny and Zorn would have instilled confidence in the fan base if they only had one winning season in 5 years?

Also, I thought that's what you meant but hoped it wasn't regarding the Zorn comment. Garret is a much much better coach then Zorn could ever think of being.

What is that possibly based on? Give Zorn romoSUCKS and give Garrett Campbell, and let's see who looks like the better coach.

The Dallas FO hasn't been nearly the disaster that Vinny was either so I don't see how that's a relevant comment

The relevance is in how the GM/Front Office and head coach in each scenario has zero ability to maximize a team to the point that it can go on "serious runs". Something will always get screwed up that effects the season in a sizeable negative way.

Remember how we beat the 6-1 Cowboys on their turf, on a Monday night game? Remember how Jerruh inserted himself both in the locker room and on the sidelines--actually interrupting his head coach DURING A GAME to talk to him about romoSUCKS returning? Remember how romoSUCKS ended up playing worse than Weeden, his backup? You think Jerruh had zero to do with that?

Now, remember how the Cowboys could have had a wildcard bye if they had won just one more game? lol...Cowboys fans do, and they were pissed-the-****-off that losing to the Colt McCoy-led Redskins kept them from that. Would the Cowboys had been able to truly make a "serious run" had they been able to rest up 2 weeks? We'll never know...and thank the football gods that Jerruh is still the team's GM and spineless Jason is still the team's head coach, because Parcells would have drop-kicked Jerruh into the parking lot and kept Weeden in, if only out of spite lol...

Just to come off the whole picture for a second, there is a real good chance the Giants offense is pretty damn good this year.

It was good last year, too.  Defense was a train wreck.  It might be the same thing this season.  The one thing they've been lucky about is Eli's health.   He's arguably been the most durable player in the NFL.  Now that he's in his mid 30s, wonder if at some point his luck would run out.   That team is so top heavy about Eli and Beckham.  You lose either one of them, they'd be in big time trouble.  For example, without Beckham against Minnesota last season, they were destroyed.  The game wasn't even remotely competitive. 

Ha I found the best gem of the article.

Cinci Bengals : on the rise: AJ......McCarron

What this means is, there must be a separate ranking for the big boy table that includes us because if Awesome Jack Mackattackarron Jingleheimerschmidt is in the "on the rise" section, there is essentially no way our entire roster aren't blue chippers

Archived