Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bucky Brooks (NFL.COM): 10 Most Talented Rosters....Dallas at 10 and the GIANTS AT NINE? Huh?

BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

Most talented?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Who has the most talented roster?

The one thing ill give Eli credit for is the iron man streak he's got going.  Longest in the league at this point I believe.  That's hard to do, especially in this division.  Definitely seen him take some big shots over the years (and loved every one of them).

Well, it seems this Brooks guy does have some serious Cowboy love going on. :rolleyes:

He just put out another list here:

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000665920/nfls-scariest-position-groups-ranking-the-top-10-for-2016

It's titled "The Top 10 Scariest Position Groups in the NFL"

Who does he have at #1? The Cowboys' offensive line. :rolleyes:

Good? Yes. Scary? Hardly.

The Cowboy love in the sports media is pathetic.

Didn't want to start a new thread for this, but I'm not sure I'm helping this one either.  :lol:

yahoo linked me to this article which references another ranking list from espn insisder:

http://www.hogshaven.com/2016/6/6/11868588/pff-redskins-have-the-12th-worst-roster-in-the-nfl

21. Washington Redskins

Top five players:
 OT Trent Williams, CB Josh Norman, TE Jordan Reed, DE Chris Baker, OLB Ryan Kerrigan

Starters who should be upgraded:
 OC Kory Lichtensteiger, LB Perry Riley, LB Mason Foster

Washington landed one of the coups of the offseason when Norman unexpectedly became available in April. He adds a legitimate elite-level coverage player to a secondary that has shown ability, particular in the development of Bashaud Breeland. The Redskins' front seven has several good players, and overall this defense could be an impressive unit in 2016.

On offense, Kirk Cousins cemented himself as the starter at quarterback, and there is enough talent for this team to be very good. Rookie wideout Josh Doctson has the ability to become an elite target, but he'll need time. The only major issue is in the middle of the offensive line, where Lichtensteiger was poor and banged up in 2015, causing major problems to the offense as a whole.

The Redskins could move up this list rapidly if he can find his best form again, or if they can find an upgrade.

• The Redskins roster would likely be ranked higher if this list was just based on this year's roster, but would still be middle of the pack.
  •  
  • Trent Williams has always been one of the highest rated players on the Redskins roster by PFF, and is once again listed as a Top 5 player.
  •  
  • Chris Baker is a mild surprise as a Top 5 player, but played very well last season.
  • Shocking statement: Kory Lichtensteiger should be upgraded.
  •  
  • Josh Norman is an instant upgrade to the Redskins secondary, and will pair nicely with Bashaud Breeland
  •  
  • PFF thinks the Redskins defense could be impressive this year. The pass rush will be improved if Junior Galette returns to form, but the defensive line needs to prove itself.
  •  
  • They are not a fan of two of the Redskins starters at inside linebacker from last season, Perry Riley and Mason Foster. There will be plenty of competition at the position with free agent signings, draft picks, and returning players.
  •  
  • NFC East rankings: 5) Eagles(ha), 12) Cowboys, 21) Washington, 25) Giants.

Wait, somebody thinks the Eagles have the 5th best roster in the league? Lol

That was exactly my first thought. I just can't see how anyone can have the eagles as anything but the worst team in the div! lol  the idiots at pff have outdone themselves this time. They need to stop skipping their meds!

So please tell me, other the anomaly of last year where they had a running back go off, while both us and the Giants sucked, where has romoSUCKS really helped this team as a Franchise QB.  And why would he do it this year after multiple fractures on his shoulder and still a D that has not been helped at all by management?  If you look at the above seasons, I say the seasons where they went 12-4, 13-3 and 11-5 was more of a product of the other 3 teams sucking that the boys being that good. 

Other teams sucking? The 13-3 year, the skins made the playoffs at 9-7, the Giants also made it at 10-6, and the Eagles were no slouches at 7-9. The 11-5 year, the eagles also went 11-5,  the Giants were around .500; only we sucked. Even in the 12-4 year, the Eagles went 10-6.

People keep on bringing up those 8-8 seasons, but those teams had poor Ds, particularly their pass D. The 2015 Cowboys had a good D, with their pass D being their strength.

Archived