Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can We Keep Up with the Eagles and Cowboys? ( Merged M.E.T.)

JGordon_3

30-24 Eagles over the Cowboys AT HALF!!!!!!! Do we even have the offensive firepower to keep up with these guys? And by the way, these are both good defensive teams, so don't start with that. By the way, our corners against these pass-first teams, terrifying to even think of.

These offenses are clicking on another level and if we can get a split on the road against them back to back, then that's a victory IMO. Zorn and Blache will have their hands full. Here's hoping they can make it happen.

These teams dont score like this against us. We slow the game down too much for them to have the chance to put up these points. (At least, pre Zorn)

They both are doing a very good job of stopping the run though. Cowboys probably have the best run blocking o-line in football and can't get going at all with Barber.

What iv'e learned from this game so far (it's middle of the 3rd), is that Dallas and Philly's D sucks!!!!!!!!! Hopefully, we can play the kind of D we have so far and put up some points in the upcoming games. :eaglesuck:gaintsuck:dallasuck

What I'm seeing is that both Dallas and Philly have no defense. If we can use Cooley like Dallas is using Witten or use Portis like Philly is using Westbrook or use Moss like Philly is using Jackson, we may be able to score some points against the cowboys and Eagles.

The main question is how we will do covering T.O. He had a great game against us last year. Hopefully Landry can put the fear in him like good on #21 used to.

Offensive powerhouses. This is crazy. Everyone in the NFC east has a top 6 offense in the NFL.

My only hope is we pound the ball and take shots downfield like Zorn did last week. That is what Gibbs use to do in the early 90's and 80s.

We have the best straight running back in the division. We have to keep away from these teams.

I have no idea how we can win in Dallas or Philly.

Is there any hope? You can't finish 4th in the east and make the playoffs obviously.

I pray that the Redskins can keep up. The way Tony Romo sits to pee and TO lit it up last year in the first game in the series I don't necessarily feel comfortable saying the Skins will. I will say that if Sean Taylor (God bless him) was not hurt that game TO would have had 1 catch and 1 concussion. :cardsuck

HTTR

...these are both good defensive teams, so don't start with that.

Ummm, if they were, the score wouldn't be 31-30 midway through the 3rd Qtr.

I know it will be very tough for us to get a W against Dallas this year. Philly has been surprising me these first 2 weeks. I guess McNabb still has it, but there's always the injury bug rearing its ugly head around the corner.

And don't forget, we beat Dallas last year when they went 13-3.

The bottom line is, the NFC East will always be the NFC East. The great teams will fall, and the crappy teams will rise up. There's certainly a chance that we could go 0-6 in our division, but I don't think it will happen. Any given Sunday, baby... any given Sunday.

I find it unusual that we are playing them so early. It doesn't give us much time to get this offense going with any consistently. I hope we make great strides against Arizona.

I agree we need to go downfield a lot and on first down. We are going to see a lot of run blitz's that will minimize CP.

On a side note, Danny Smith better be paying attention to the ST play in the game tonight.

Eagles score 30 in the first half, we scored 30 points 2 TIMES LAST SEASON!!!!!!! We're learning a new offense..........we did score 29 though, so maybe I'm underestimating the Z man.

The Eagles and the Cowboys are just so explosive. I can see Smoot and Carlos now getting burnt deep. I cringe when I think about it.

What we are seeing is two teams so paranoid about the deep pass that they are playing way deeper than they would in any normal game and that has softened up everything.

This is not the defenses either team wanted to play or will play on any given Sunday. We know they are better than this but tonights game is changing them for the worst. It has taken on a character of it's own and all these defenses can do is hang on and try not to let someone get behind you...

BTW, we wouldn't be able to keep up in this type of game, imho.

:helmet:

Santana Moss. These secondaries are vulnerable and it looks like Moss is in great shape. I know most will say pound the ball with Portis but these two teams ccan shut down the run easy. We gotta be able to spread them out deep. Moss and Cooley are key to winning against these guys offensively. Defensively, Our front 7 has to get pressure and not let their RB's go loose.

What we are seeing is two teams so paranoid about the deep pass that they are playing way deeper than they would in any normal game and that has softened up everything.

I assume you mean that as an adjustment to the first part of the game. Both teams have looked very vulnerable to the deep ball tonight, at least in the first half.

Archived