Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can We Keep Up with the Eagles and Cowboys? ( Merged M.E.T.)

JGordon_3

You dude's who think the Skins Defense is vastly better than the Cowboys defense, y'all need to slow your roll......

Romo sits to pee gave Philly a TD, with that fumble in the end-zone...

And Romo sits to pee teamed-up with the officials to give them another.... Romo sits to pee throws a pick, returned to the Dallas 28.... Very next play - Henry's called for Pass-Interference, when it OBVIOUSLY should have been called Offensive-Pass-Interference on Lewis... Should have been 1st and 20 from the Dallas 38, instead it's 1st and goal from the 1.... Eagles handed a TD...

My point is, the defense was really only responsible for 23 of those points... Also, Dallas' defense did shut them out in the 4th Quarter when it mattered most.. They also got 2 of their 4 sacks on the Eagles final drive, when Ellis and Ware recorded consecutive sacks....

We had McNabb dead to rights so many times, but he made a lot of great plays, and somehow got out of at least 3 would-be sacks... The Dallas defense could've easily had 7 sacks, if not for McNabb's strength and escapabilty...

And dont say it was all McNabb's fumble..... They got the ball back twice after that, with more than enough time to score, but they couldn't get past the 50.....

What I see from this game, that should worry the Skins... Romo sits to pee had 2 horrible Turnovers, that directly resulted in 2 TD's, and Dallas had 10 penalties for 108 yards, against a very good opponent, yet they still put up 41 points, and they still won....

-

Think the Skins are a lot better, based on 2 games, with no opponents in common?

Dallas is allowing 30 less yards per game (271-302)...

Dallas has more sacks (5-4), and more Tackles for Losses (9-6)...

Washington has forced more Turnovers (4-1)...

Washington is allowing 20 points per game...

Dallas is allowing 23.5 points per game...

-

And remember, Newman's our best CB by far, he's only played a few plays so far this year... PacMan may never be great, but he has been decent, and he should get better as he shakes off the rust... And dont sleep on Henry who led the NFCE in Interceptions last year (6)...

I still say over a 16 game season, the Dallas defense and the Giants defense will prove best, again.....

Even if it were true, that the Skins defense is a little better than the Dallas defense, the Dallas offense is a lot more than a little better than their offense....

-

I don't think either of their defenses are that bad...they just ran into some supremely talented high powered offenses that were clicking... thrown into a buzz saw. We'll see throughout the season if both of their defenses give up that many points to other teams. I think the Offenses are being underrated here.

• 2 weeks later...

If we play like this all season long, Dallas might be the only team that gives us a fight. Philly, last night against chicago was pathetic.

Had the bears not made so many mistakes and acually played well, they would have crushed the Eagles. They fact that they played so poorly and still won speaks volumes!!!!!!

Right now, I think it will be a race between us the boys and the Giants.

Based on what going on right now, I say Giants win the Div. We come in 2nd and clinch a playoff berth and Dallas gets the wildcard.

Archived