Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zimmerman to auction gun that killed Trayvon Martin

boobiemiles

Not trying to stir it back up (I have not forgotten how nasty this thread got, and don't want a repeat, for everyone's sake), but to me, it was pretty obvious who's voice that was, if you remember what it was like hearing kids yell in middle/high school.

But obvious to me, and proven in the court of law, are obviously different things.

That's fair.

Actually, the case turned when the state's star witness, Rachel Jentel (she was a piece of work), testified. She went a long way towards helping the defense. For those that don't remember, she was the girl on the phone with Trayvon the night Zimmerman was following him.

Another key part of the case that couldn't be proved, was whose voice (Martin's or Zimmerman's) was heard screaming on the 911 call. Both moms testified that it was their son's. But the expert couldn't definitively say whose it was.

Oh we know.   That case was discussed in great detail on this board (and with quite a bit of anger on both sides).  

Oh we know. That case was discussed in great detail on this board (and with quite a bit of anger on both sides).

Oh, ok. My apologies.

The sickening thing about this whole case to me is: if you're Zimmerman, and you felt you did what you had to do that night...wouldn't you still have SOME remorse for what happened?! That's just messed up.

Oh, ok. My apologies.

The sickening thing about this whole case to me is: if you're Zimmerman, and you felt you did what you had to do that night...wouldn't you still have SOME remorse for what happened?! That's just messed up.

Well obviously he fully intended to do what he did that night, which is why he feels no remorse for Trayvon or his family.

Oh, ok. My apologies.

I remember a bird flying into my windshield when I was young. Shook me up. We even pulled over to see to it. I can't imagine that if I ended a human life, justified or not, that it wouldn't haunt me. I suppose if I can believe that I might talk about it to my friends and it might even become a tall tale-- The day I fought off the seven foot ninja mugger! But there'd also always be a big shadow over it. Taking a life needs to be a big deal.

Oh we know.   That case was discussed in great detail on this board (and with quite a bit of anger on both sides).  

Yep, for real.  I got up at 5 the morning of the verdict, hubby told me, and I logged on & TK had already locked the thread. :(

I know he did what he had to do (probably to keep the servers from blowing up), but we needed to talk & couldn't.  Wish I'd taken a pic of what my PM box looked like :lol: .

Well obviously he fully intended to do what he did that night, which is why he feels no remorse for Trayvon or his family.

I'm not sure if you understood what I was saying. What I meant was, whether he felt shooting him was justified or not (only he would know this, as there were no living witnesses to the entire incident) you would think he would feel a little remorse for ending another human's life.

I don't agree with that assessment. I believe he feels no remorse because he is a sociopath; it is beyond his capability to feel remorse. But that does not mean that he intended to shoot Martin from the start.

I don't agree with that assessment. I believe he feels no remorse because he is a sociopath; it is beyond his capability to feel remorse. But that does not mean that he intended to shoot Martin from the start.

Totally agree with you, Packer.  His inner feelings escalated, and sociopathic behavior followed.  For some reason, he "couldn't let this one get away", whatever that meant...only he knows. 

Just pointing out to people, . . .

It's entirely possible that

1) George Zimmerman is an insecure, racist, d-bag with delusions of toughness.
2) And that he genuinely feared for his life when he shot Treyvon.

(In fact, based on the small amount of the evidence that I've actually read about, my opinion is that both of those statements are true.)

(In fact, based on the small amount of the evidence that I've actually read about, my opinion is that both of those statements are true.)

I take Zimmerman at his word in regards to him fearing for his life.

What I was skeptical about was the events leading up to the "incident".  :(

I take Zimmerman at his word in regards to him fearing for his life.

What I was skeptical about was the events leading up to the "incident".  :(

I take him for his word that he knew it was a valid defense in the situation. But I'm still dubious that he truly feared for his life, especially given some of his actions since the trial ended.

You're right Larry. But, if you're so scared of unarmed black teenagers then you should not be on the neighborhood watch and you most certainly shouldn't possess a gun while you are watching the neighborhood. Of course, this has already been beaten, or shot, to death... and doesn't really merit much more discussion.

Just like if you're a police officer that doesn't have the mettle to handle a gun correctly around intimidating black men then you shouldn't be a police officer.

It's simple responsibility.

Archived