Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zimmerman to auction gun that killed Trayvon Martin

boobiemiles

Y'all ever take a life or watch a murderer lose his?

It's wrong. I think our courts failed us. He should be in prison, but we're not a punishment based society.

No I haven't.

We are a punishment based society. There's plenty of arguments that we shouldn't be, and that it's a disservice to our society, but we are. That's why we have the prison statistics we do. That's why once you're convicted on a crime society shuts you out, which leads to recidivism.

I'm not trying to belittle your point or even argue with you. You're on the moral high ground here.

I also think it's sad people in this thread condoning, even wishing for, more violence.

People are just playing the internet hyperbole game.   It's meaningless, really.  

It's wrong. I think our courts failed us. He should be in prison, but we're not a punishment based society.

Back off!   You are stealing my lines, man.   

I staked out this territory years ago.   Stick to your vegan stuff!    :)

He would last approximately 4 hours in prison GP before being shanked.

They would have to send him directly to protective custody.

Even if one of us walked up on him and took him out, that wouldn't be justice. 

In my heart, I still believe the reason he's walking around right now is because the prosecution team made more of a spectacle over this man being guilty versus actually proving it. 

Disappointed isn't the word for it. Just need to wait it out, let God do his thing.  Whole thing was a wake up call for me, I know it was for others.

Seems a little too uncivilized for 21st century America but maybe widespread prosecutorial discretion with a tendency to look the other way would accomplish the same thing without the blatant violations of the 5th and 8th amendments.

You've got a really weird interpretation of what racism is.

Regarding your suggestion of prosecutorial discretion with a tendency to look the other way, sure, we'll take the same deal the cops get. Since I'm sure that's not on the table, we'd settle for the same deal Zimmerman got instead.

I'm white I can **** on my counterparts all I want.

My mother was white so can I **** on half of your counterparts?  :lol:  :lol:

Regarding your suggestion of prosecutorial discretion with a tendency to look the other way, sure, we'll take the same deal the cops get. Since I'm sure that's not on the table, we'd settle for the same deal Zimmerman got instead.

My mother was white so can I **** on half of your counterparts?  :lol:  :lol:

Nope.  One drop rule.   Back of the bus for you.  

Coming at it objectively, he was acquitted of a crime and the weapon is his property. If this sale were happening 300 years from now from one gun collector to another nobody would bat an eye.

The thing that makes this feel icky is how recently it happened and the fact that Zimmerman is making money off of a crime for which he was almost certainly guilty.

None of that makes it illegal though. It's in poor taste and I applaud GunBroker for refusing to run the auction, but if two people in a free country want to legally exchange an object for money I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

(But again, I think he's a tool who will find any way he can to keep himself relevant. The best response to this was made early on in the thread. Stop giving the dude headlines.)

I care. To quote twa of all posters, "Some people just need killin'"

The sad part is those calling for his head made him a celebrity.....it's a ****ed up world.

I doubt it. He'd likely be under the protection of white power gangs, who would most likely applaud him for ridding the world of one more black kid

He is not white. He is Hispanic. Doubt the white power gangs are going to offer protection to ANYONE with his name or complexion.

He is not white. He is Hispanic. Doubt the white power gangs are going to offer protection to ANYONE with his name or complexion.

I know that. Judging from the general reaction he's been getting from that crowd, it seems to not matter. Not that it always matters with them to begin with

This is disrespectful and tasteless.  Is it me, but this doesn't seem like the action of an innocent man.  It seems like the actions of some one that got away with murder, thumbs their nose at the system, the people, and all things decent. 

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/12/us/george-zimmerman-gun-auction/

I don't think it has any bearing on his innocence. It's already been well established that he's a sociopath, but being a sociopath does not make you guilty.

People are just playing the internet hyperbole game. It's meaningless, really.

Back off! You are stealing my lines, man.

I staked out this territory years ago. Stick to your vegan stuff! :)

no way man. I was raised Quaker, I understand why we imprison dangerous people.

I get its meaningless, but its still disheartening.

I don't think it has any bearing on his innocence. It's already been well established that he's a sociopath, but being a sociopath does not make you guilty.

No, he's definitely guilty of a crime. He just wasn't charged with the correct crime he's guilty of when the prosecution charged him. The crucial moment of how his fight with Trayvon started is only told by the one guy with literally the worst judgement you've ever seen. 

No, he's definitely guilty of a crime. He just wasn't charged with the correct crime he's guilty of when the prosecution charged him. The crucial moment of how his fight with Trayvon started is only told by the one guy with literally the worst judgement you've ever seen.

And the correct crime for which he was definitely guilty beyond a reasonable doubt was...?

George Zimmerman?

Drop the 'e' in 'George' and you've got yourself a nice German name. Aryans like the Germans, right?

It's in poor taste and I applaud GunBroker for refusing to run the auction, but if two people in a free country want to legally exchange an object for money I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

Looks like he found a new gun dealer to broker the sale:

Another gun dealer revives George Zimmerman’s auction to sell gun he used to kill Trayvon Martin

The starting bid for the Kel-Tec PF-9 9mm gun is $5,000. The gun was pulled off the auction for GunBroker.com earlier Thursday, and the website’s social media was locked down or deleted.

The auction is now being held by on the United Gun Group website. 

Click on the link for the full article

Looks like he found a new gun dealer to broker the sale:

Another gun dealer revives George Zimmerman’s auction to sell gun he used to kill Trayvon Martin

The starting bid for the Kel-Tec PF-9 9mm gun is $5,000. The gun was pulled off the auction for GunBroker.com earlier Thursday, and the website’s social media was locked down or deleted.

The auction is now being held by on the United Gun Group website.

Click on the link for the full article

Sorry if it wasn't clear, but I know. I meant good on GunBroker, but I don't really care that this other site took it up.

Coming at it objectively, he was acquitted of a crime and the weapon is his property. If this sale were happening 300 years from now from one gun collector to another nobody would bat an eye.

The thing that makes this feel icky is how recently it happened and the fact that Zimmerman is making money off of a crime for which he was almost certainly guilty.

You're certainly correct here.  What really bothers me is the way he invokes the crime (or I guess "incident" since he was acquitted) in the sales pitch..."this was the gun used to save my life" and actually using Trayvon Martin's name and the date.  At least, that was the first one, I didn't read the new listing.

He's clearing rubbing everyone's face in it and enjoying himself.  While I tend to agree with KB's thoughts about violence not being a useful option, some people just need a brick to the head.

Archived