Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zimmerman to auction gun that killed Trayvon Martin

boobiemiles

Trayvon was a tall black teenager walking through a neighborhood at night. That's white America's favorite famous monster. It'll get a lot of bids from a lot of sick people and Zimmerman will make enough money to buy lots of guns he can use to kill black kids.

I think it's pretty cool how we can just casual say **** about white folks now lol.

This just encompasses all that is SO wrong with America. A Country I dearly love but absolutely despair over. 

That cretin, to be kind, selling the weapon as some sort of sick trophy to flaunt in the face of a majorly corrupt system he beat is bad enough. 

But to then have others that would put up even 1 cent for the privilege ..... WTF iSN'T wrong with that picture?

The fact he's now pulled the weapon is immaterial. Man alive, the abhorrent undertones aren't just flashing, they're like multiple fricking disco lights crashing under the door!

What sort of World is this when people would even consider this a good thing to start with? Both the seller and the potential buyers?

Hail. 

http://www.capitalnewyork.com/article/florida/2016/05/8599042/zimmerman-gun-auction-plan-ends-mystery-refutation-smithsonian

Zimmerman gun auction plan ends in mystery, refutation by Smithsonian

George Zimmerman’s plan to auction the gun he killed Trayvon Martin with ended before it began Thursday, when the firearm was pulled from a website just before bidding began.

As if his proposal wasn’t controversial and bizarre enough, Zimmerman apparently lied when he advertised the Kel-Tec PF-9 by claiming the Smithsonian Institution was interested in “owning and displaying the firearm.”

The museum refuted the claim on its website and via Twitter.

“The Smithsonian has never expressed interest in collecting George Zimmerman’s firearm. The Smithsonian has no plans to ever collect or display this object in any of its museums,” the institution’s statement read.

Neither Zimmerman nor the website, GunBroker.com, could be reached for comment.

Zimmerman late Wednesday posted the item on the website and said bidding would begin at 11 a.m. Thursday and start at $5,000. The same make and model firearm can be purchased for as little as $200 on some websites.

To gin up media interest, he phoned Orlando-area TV stations and told them of the listing. He also claimed he might use the proceeds from the gun sale to campaign against Hillary Clinton, who had criticized him, and the state attorney who unsuccessfully prosecuted him.

“I’m a free American. I can do what I like with my possessions,” Zimmerman told FOX 35 News in Orlando on Wednesday night. “It’s time to move past the firearm. And if I sell it and it sells, I move past it. Otherwise, it’s going in a safe for my grandkids and [is] never to be, you know, used or seen again.”

I'd be OK with legally protecting revenge killings done by families of murder victims and their agents, like they used to be in the less settled parts of the country in the 1800's.

Seems a little too uncivilized for 21st century America but maybe widespread prosecutorial discretion with a tendency to look the other way would accomplish the same thing without the blatant violations of the 5th and 8th amendments.

So being white gives you a free pass to say racist **** about white people? Damn, you learn something new every day.

You've got a really weird interpretation of what racism is.

Sometimes I wish the Smithsosian would say what it really thinks.  "“The Smithsonian has never expressed interest in collecting this dumb****s gun. The Smithsonian has no plans to ever collect or display this stupid object in any of its museums, George Zimmerman can eat our collective dicks."

Weird but not uncommon. We see it over and over and over around here.

An oddly enough, no matter how many times people get offended by it, you keep on and on about why they shouldn't. It was unnecessary and I didn't agree with what he said. As a matter of fact I stay out of these arguments time and time again because I know what happens. This time it pissed me off so I said something.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/05/12/george-zimmerman-to-auction-off-gun-he-used-to-kill-trayvon-martin/

The gun George Zimmerman said he used to kill Trayvon Martin is back on the auction block

After one online gun seller pulled his listing, George Zimmerman has found a new website on which he plans to auction off the gun used to kill Trayvon Martin.

Zimmerman initially posted the 9mm pistol on GunBroker.com this week, more than four years after he shot and killed Martin, an unarmed black teenager, sparking a nationwide debate over race relations and so-called “stand your ground” laws.

“I am honored and humbled to announce the sale of an American Firearm Icon,” read Zimmerman’s description of the gun, a Kel-Tec PF-9. “The firearm for sale is the firearm that was used to defend my life and end the brutal attack from Trayvon Martin on 2/26/2012.”

But on Thursday afternoon, the original listing vanished from the site, which put out a statement saying it wanted “no part” in the sale of the gun.

“Unfortunately, Gun broker was not prepared for the traffic and publicity surrounding the auction of my firearm,” Zimmerman said in an email to The Post on Thursday. “It has now been placed with another auction house.”

Todd Underwood, owner of UnitedGunGroup.com, confirmed Thursday afternoon that Zimmerman’s gun is now listed on his website, which he described as a “pro-Second Amendment community” created this year after Facebook banned private gun sales on the social network.

“I talked to George Zimmerman earlier today and told him that as long as all laws are being followed, he can list the gun on our site,” Underwood said. “I don’t support it, I don’t condone it, I don’t have anything against it. It’s his property, it’s his decision.”

Who cares if he sells it? Guys probably broke or needs money.

I think it's sad that so many people would bid on it, but that's not on GZ.

I also think it's sad people in this thread condoning, even wishing for, more violence.

I care. To quote twa of all posters, "Some people just need killin'"

I'm not saying I like the guy. I think he's garbage. I just don't think violence is ever a good choice.

I can respect that. This isn't meant to change your mind, but this specific person has shown a propensity to be violent towards others. He's already taken one life. There comes a point, to me, where one person's life is not worth the risk it poses to others; especially so when you can make the case that 'others' are likely to be innocent people where the only thing they did wrong was cross paths with a violent person.

Archived