Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Josh Doctson WR TCU

PCS

6 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

This is just somebody who already didn't like the pick using the opportunity to justify it/remind everyone. 

He's already on the PUP, the regular season PUP is different and it's too early for that. Never mind IR, he's doing some light work still as he heals. 

The fact that some of you are such freaks about having the exact info you want about the injury is weird. It's not your business at this point in the preseason--the team has absolutely no responsibility to you on this front at all, whether it gives a competitive advantage or not. They do not owe you transparency and we don't need it week 2 of preseason.

To say that you'd actually rather them just put Doctson on IR to end the speculation, that's stupid, sorry.

I'm not saying the injury doesn't suck, or that we shouldn't worry about--purely addressing your post here in reaction to the injury.

Listen man the pick was made a long time ago.  I can't change that and neither can anybody else.  IMO, the team should be a little a more open about what's going on here.  I personally think something should be done from an injury standpoint so that we as fans have some insight about what's happening with him.  That's probably going to happen anyway the closer we get to the regular season.  IR may be a little extreme, but something will probably be announced.  

2 hours ago, SAli457180 said:

Listen man the pick was made a long time ago.  I can't change that and neither can anybody else.  IMO, the team should be a little a more open about what's going on here. I personally think something should be done from an injury standpoint so that we as fans have some insight about what's happening with him.  That's probably going to happen anyway the closer we get to the regular season.  IR may be a little extreme, but something will probably be announced.  

Besides irrational feelings, can you put into words why you feel the bolded? 

Not to be a dick, but I would generally interpret that answer as "no"? I'll end the back and forth here but first will say that if you're going to have a strong opinion on a message board, there's nothing wrong with defending it. I'm not arguing here, just discussing. And alternatively, if you've gotten a little too enthusiastic in your argument (I don't know if you feel this way, this is more a general "you") there's also no shame in pulling back and saying "alright, maybe I spoke too strongly there". If that doesn't apply here, that's cool. I just find it strange when someone feels very strongly about something and then basically defaults to "agree to disagree" when questioned without providing reasoning, or admitting that there isn't any.

Yeah, no reason to get upset.  I'm wrong quite often and have no probs saying it.

We all want the kid healthy, and if there was any competative advantage for the team to release the injury info I'm sure they would.

9 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I just think that the injury is worse than it appears that's all and that is evident in the way the situation has been handled and what has transpired 

This. This right here is what I believe is happening with the whole situation.  

12 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I don't have a problem with the team not releasing info, I don't feel entitled to it, I don't think there is a conspiracy or that JD is sandbagging.

I just think that the injury is worse than it appears that's all and that is evident in the way the situation has been handled and what has transpired 

Bingo. That's all people have been saying. Agree totally. 

On 8/21/2016 at 0:48 PM, Bonez3 said:

X2 with MTGTM...

JD is not a bust, he is not soft (as far as I could tell), there is not a conspiracy, and I think the injury is gonna be worse than anticipated based on the way it has been handled publicly. 

If the injury is worse than they thought what's the point of posturing on the diagnosis to the media.  I do understand that we are not entitled to all information and I don't want them to tell us everything.

But why posture on a guy that means nothing to anyone around the league, nobody is game planning for Josh Docston, he's insignificant so its not like your trying to keep an opponent guessing like you may if Desean was in the same situation.

So if the injury is worse what benefit is it to the team or Josh to release that information right now? How does it benefit the team? What reason would there be? Also, what if it's just taking longer than they first thought for him to heal?

Disclosing either would put added pressure on him as people would over analyze whatever statement was made. There would be all kinds of speculation - kind of like in here only on a much larger scale.

A reason to tell all? Speculating here :rofl89:

Perhaps to eliminate speculation that could result in undue pressure on the kid to come back sooner; or to prevent a distraction in camp. Reporters asking the same question day after day, pissing off our coach; distracting him from the bigger tasks at hand.

Maybe we want to not let teams know our potential roster moves ahead, but I think all see PUP is likely in the kids near future. Its a deep position, he is injured, and he is at a position that tends to contribute little as a rook. He is just a pup after all. 

I wonder if Scot is pissed because he feels he didn't do the homework on his guy, he was injured and did not know, or drafted him expecting him to contribute this year. Schizze I could have had a starting lineman. The drafting him for next year theory is just that. Maybe Scot wanted a football player, not an insurance policy for next year. 

Also, the "redshirt" year argument is just silly nonsense spin put on the situation.

Oh it's fine we are deep at the position, we don't need him until next year etc. No, technically he isn't needed this year but if the idea that he is supposed to be taking over for Jackson or Garcon next season and that is a big part of why he was drafted, it sure would be quite beneficial to know what we have this season and can then make a more accurate decision about who he is replacing and what we can expect from him. 

Not to mention the obvious benefits of him contributing this year and how this helps us right now. 

2 hours ago, goskins10 said:

So if the injury is worse what benefit is it to the team or Josh to release that information right now? How does it benefit the team? What reason would there be? Also, what if it's just taking longer than they first thought for him to heal?

Disclosing either would put added pressure on him as people would over analyze whatever statement was made. There would be all kinds of speculation - kind of like in here only on a much larger scale.

This is backwards thinking. If they came out and said in May or June he would be out 3-4 months it doesn't hurt the team at all. It benefits them. They gain nothing by holding it in. Oh no, the steelers may know they don't have to prepare for a rookie WR as if they were anyway. 

You think there is added pressure on Doctson if given a longer more definite timetable where he has 2-4 months to heal and work in peace rather than constantly getting told he should be back in 2 weeks and feeling the pressure to be back in 2 weeks then another 2 weeks and on and on?

Due to the way that this was handled, Doctson has now missed about 6 deadlines for his return which probably makes him feel lousy and he's been questioned by multiple people and reports are now coming out that some in the front office are questioning him. Makes no sense to me

Plus being upfront about it prevents the constant questions and speculation every day that does cause distractions. 

15 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Also, the "redshirt" year argument is just silly nonsense spin put on the situation.

Oh it's fine we are deep at the position, we don't need him until next year etc. No, technically he isn't needed this year but if the idea that he is supposed to be taking over for Jackson or Garcon next season and that is a big part of why he was drafted, it sure would be quite beneficial to know what we have this season and can then make a more accurate decision about who he is replacing and what we can expect from him. 

Not to mention the obvious benefits of him contributing this year and how this helps us right now. 

True, but at this point, that seems to be what they are faced with. Doubt we see anything noteworthy from him this year. Just too much time lost.

7 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

This is backwards thinking. If they came out and said in May or June he would be out 3-4 months it doesn't hurt the team at all. It benefits them. They gain nothing by holding it in. Oh no, the steelers may know they don't have to prepare for a rookie WR as if they were anyway. 

You think there is added pressure on Doctson if given a longer more definite timetable where he has 2-4 months to heal and work in peace rather than constantly getting told he should be back in 2 weeks and feeling the pressure to be back in 2 weeks then another 2 weeks and on and on?

Due to the way that this was handled, Doctson has now missed about 6 deadlines for his return which probably makes him feel lousy and he's been questioned by multiple people and reports are now coming out that some in the front office are questioning him. Makes no sense to me

Plus being upfront about it prevents the constant questions and speculation every day that does cause distractions. 

And to me, yours is backwards thinking, and apparently to the guys that get paid also. It's none of anyone's business, period. If he is more injured media and others will be all over him and the team declaring him a bust and bad draft choice and Scot is an idiot and so is the team and Josh was never going to be that good etc....... So for right now, only nosey think they have to know everything fans are bothered by this. Look around the NFL. Preseason injuries are being handled exactly the same way.

It amazes me how much time people will spend on one guy who is having an injury problem when there are a bunch of other great stories. How about how well our D is playing so far? The offence with mostly 2nds against Jets 1s moved the ball with nice long time consuming drives. There is Spaight (sp?) - Ross - Grant and others having great camps. But we can't focus on that. No, we have to have knock down drag outs on if there is some kind of conspiracy about Josh Doctson and if Cousins missing 1Q of preseason play without most of the key play makers on Off will doom the team to an 0-4 or worse start (yes I am exaggerating, but you get the point!).

2 hours ago, goskins10 said:

And to me, yours is backwards thinking, and apparently to the guys that get paid also. It's none of anyone's business, period. If he is more injured media and others will be all over him and the team declaring him a bust and bad draft choice and Scot is an idiot and so is the team and Josh was never going to be that good etc....... So for right now, only nosey think they have to know everything fans are bothered by this. Look around the NFL. Preseason injuries are being handled exactly the same way.

It amazes me how much time people will spend on one guy who is having an injury problem when there are a bunch of other great stories. How about how well our D is playing so far? The offence with mostly 2nds against Jets 1s moved the ball with nice long time consuming drives. There is Spaight (sp?) - Ross - Grant and others having great camps. But we can't focus on that. No, we have to have knock down drag outs on if there is some kind of conspiracy about Josh Doctson and if Cousins missing 1Q of preseason play without most of the key play makers on Off will doom the team to an 0-4 or worse start (yes I am exaggerating, but you get the point!).

It's certainly understand that fans would like to discuss their team's #1 pick and his inability  to get on the field to date.  Especially when the belief was this was a minor deal way back in May. 

I think they should just IR him. He's not really needed at this point and he's so far behind everyone else that I don't see anyway he takes game time away from the top three receivers, at least. If he's hurt, don't chance it and make it worse. 

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

It's certainly understand that fans would like to discuss their team's #1 pick and his inability  to get on the field to date.  Especially when the belief was this was a minor deal way back in May. 

There is a difference between wanting to know and drawing all kinds of outlandish conclusions like the conspiracy theories and that he was already injured or there is major cover up. Then some who have decided that he is already a bust, was never that good, that Scot totally missed it. Yes those are not the majority thoughts here but have been stated. People watch too much TMZ!

I don't always agree with the team and get asking the questions. But there are some who just mainly **** and complain and think they are entitled to know everything that is going on. 

Also, what will change if they have a complete expose' on everything Josh? What will anyone do differently? It's clearly a little more serious and/or is taking longer to heal. Seems pretty straight forward to me.

17 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

It's clearly a little more serious and/or is taking longer to heal. Seems pretty straight forward to me.

I just keep in mind that Beckham Jr. was on the PUP list for 6 weeks of the regular season and man did he make an impression when he came out to play the first time.  I can't stand the guy, because of his affiliation with the Giants, but I respect the hell out of his abilities.  I think JD will do something similar - if not this year, then next for sure.  The good news is that we are not hurting for talent in our WR corps, so he does not need to make a speedy recovery for our chances this year. 

the Redskins want to see if he can complete more activities this week. As a result, Washington's first-rounder is planning to test his Achilles by running and cutting. If all goes well, Doctson could hopefully be activated from the PUP list in time for the regular season, but he remains unavailable for the team as of now and would probably take some time to get up to speed even if ready for Week 1.

http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/redskins-josh-doctson-increased-activity-planned/

Achillies take time and shouldnt be rushed imo. If we stay patient and avoid bad luck, the kid could be an important piece by years end. 

5 hours ago, Taylor703 said:

I think they should just IR him. He's not really needed at this point and he's so far behind everyone else that I don't see anyway he takes game time away from the top three receivers, at least. If he's hurt, don't chance it and make it worse. 

Don't get this thinking. He could make our RZ package better yesterday just by jumping for fades. 

Think a lot of you guys are going to be surprised at how quickly he's incorporated into the offense when he is fully healthy, assuming that day comes this year.

5 hours ago, Taylor703 said:

The problem with this is that if you IR somebody, they can't practice.  All Year.  At all.  

So, if he's healthy, then he should be on the team and practice.  If he's not quite all there, then you inactivate him on game day, and it's a redshirt season.  Whatever.

But I want the guy out there practicing and running routes as soon as he's capable.

The team does have 2 options with him, if they don't want him on the opening day roster (I think):

1. They can PUP him, and he's available to return to practice after week 6, I believe.

2. Somehow, they can put him on the IR - designated for return.  I'm not sure all the rules here, but he wouldn't count as a roster spot, and then could come back later in the year.

Personally, if he's not ready, I'd use #1 in a heartbeat.  I wouldn't use #2 on a rookie.  I'd save that for a veteran with a fluke injury.

Archived