Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Josh Doctson WR TCU

PCS

hope this foot injury doesn't linger into TC/Pre-Season/Regular Season.

Everything I have read is that it's pretty minor but they are being way overly cautions to make sure it does not linger like you are talking about.

This was from a week ago, but it sounds pretty minor. http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/25271/wr-josh-doctson-suffers-new-foot-injury-but-redskins-hope-for-quick-return

I am sure some of you have seen this, but just in case, the link is for a video showing highlights for all our recent draft picks.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkW0WsQ5vuk

Didn't know where to put this, but knew it does not deserve a separate thread. Since Josh was the 1st pick, I figured here was best. Watching him make those big leaps in the EZ are going to fun to watch during the season! Some good film on the other guys too!

Doctson is officially behind the curve at this point. That's okay though. The one advantage we have with him and for him is that we're largely set at wide receiver. Garcon, Jackson, Crowder and even Grant/Ross is a pretty solid group. He can afford to have a learning season and a rookie season despite his first round pedigree. That said, I still expect him to play plenty, but it wouldn't surprise me if he was the fourth/third wide receiver pretty often. I think I would have thought this even if he hadn't missed all of May and June.

Doctson is officially behind the curve at this point. That's okay though. The one advantage we have with him and for him is that we're largely set at wide receiver. Garcon, Jackson, Crowder and even Grant/Ross is a pretty solid group. He can afford to have a learning season and a rookie season despite his first round pedigree. That said, I still expect him to play plenty, but it wouldn't surprise me if he was the fourth/third wide receiver pretty often. I think I would have thought this even if he hadn't missed all of May and June.

Yeah. Being hobbled for this long and then expecting the guy to come out blazing in TC is unrealistic at this point. We don't have to rely on him, yet, and I hope the docs and staff treat it that way.

They just brought in a new doc, I'm sure Doctson will get the royal treatment for his leg just on principle. How would it look if the first thing done was a failure to get the 1st Rd draft pick on the field?

With the recent history of high picks getting hurt (Griffin, Jenkins, etc come to my mind), it would def not be a good look

Yeah. Being hobbled for this long and then expecting the guy to come out blazing in TC is unrealistic at this point. We don't have to rely on him, yet, and I hope the docs and staff treat it that way.

I'm so anxious to see him play with the first unit.  Kind of a let down.

The real shame is that with Jackson out for much of OTAs, Doctson had a chance to get (more) first team reps to start the process of getting comfortable with Kirk. On the other hand, his skill set (catch radius/jump ball ability in particular) is such that if/when he does get into games, Kirk will have some leeway throwing the ball to him.

With the recent history of high picks getting hurt (Griffin, Jenkins, etc come to my mind), it would def not be a good look

Injuries happen. Are you suggesting that if Josh Doctson gets injured that is some kind of indictment on the teams ability to draft? Sorry, not following you there. Has the team taken some chances? Yes. But that does not mean they made bad choices. You have to take some chances on guys. Sometimes they work sometimes they don't.

It's funny, not saying you, but after the team took Scherff in the 1st rd people called it "too safe".

It's funny, not saying you, but after the team took Scherff in the 1st rd people called it "too safe".

I know, right? There will always be griping, sometimes you have to remind yourself that a fan can be an object that just blows air

Look @ Doctson, his track record in school and in his personal life, I think the kid will be ok

If I was, I would've said that...

It would not be a good look, in terms of bad luck.

If you meant unlucky it may have been better to just say that. Not a good look implies a negative comment. Top Definition from the urban dictionary - notice no mention of "unlucky" - :P  :D :  

not a good look     Not good; negative
"This shirt is too tight, isn't it?"

"Yeah, that's not a good look"

"Not only am I sleepy but I have a headache."

"Not a good look at all."

If you meant unlucky it may have been better to just say that. Not a good look implies a negative comment. Top Definition from the urban dictionary - notice no mention of "unlucky" - :P:D :

not a good look Not good; negative

"This shirt is too tight, isn't it?"

"Yeah, that's not a good look"

"Not only am I sleepy but I have a headache."

"Not a good look at all."

#negative #not good #bad #awful #unacceptable

I understood what he meant. Pretty clear to me.

I don't know if you're joking or are dead serious...

I was mostly joking with urban definition. It was supposed to be at least mildly amusing. Sorry if it missed the mark .But I have always heard "Not a good look" as a total negative, nothing about being lucky. Clearly you have been accustomed to a different meaning. That happens.

In the end it appears we are looking at the situation the same. It would be very unlucky and even more unfortunate if Josh ends up with injury problems. He is a great kid with tons of potential. I really hope this injury thing is just them being overly cautious.

I was mostly joking with urban definition. It was supposed to be at least mildly amusing. Sorry if it missed the mark .But I have always heard "Not a good look" as a total negative, nothing about being lucky. Clearly you have been accustomed to a different meaning. That happens.

In the end it appears we are looking at the situation the same. It would be very unlucky and even more unfortunate if Josh ends up with injury problems. He is a great kid with tons of potential. I really hope this injury thing is just them being overly cautious.

Oh yeah okay, cool. I actually meant unlucky, which would be a negative.

Right now I don't think its serious. Its one of thisr things though where its up to the staff and if they take care of the player or not. He has awhile to he ready for camp, but im just not sure he will be himself, even if you just factor in the missed football conditioning.

Its kinda like Jackson when he missed that time during camp/preseason after slipping, then went full go on Opening Day, overextending on a deep ball and effectively hampering the rest of his season.

Just gotta take it slow.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been watching college games from 2015 that have our draft picks in them, mostly because they're playing them on TV and I can't take this waiting for football.

I haven't caught a TCU game yet so I went to his stats to see what game to find on youtube.  I had no idea that he caught 18 balls for 267 yards in a game.  Check out that 6 week stretch in the middle of the season.

Doctson_Stats.jpg

The game is on Youtube, so if you need to see our rookies play like I do, here you go.  Full game in HD.

damn. wish that was a cut-up lol, 3 hours is a lot of footage to sift through. good quality vid though.

I've seen the cut ups, I'm watching complete games now.  It's nice to get the conversations in between plays, but mostly I need the football.

The final score was 55-52 so I'm not bored at all so far.  There is no defense, although I do like defensive games also.

Here's the cut-up of just Doctson's plays from that game:

Yup, you can eat the pudding without eating the meat...lol.

WR's should not be expected to have high production in year one. Two years minimum to really bloom, IMO. Adjustment to the NFL takes longer for them in general. We are in a great space for Doctson to really study, learn and practice his art. If he really blows up? I'm sure that it will be at the end of year 2, or in year 3. But I hope to see a lot of glimpses between now and then.

I kinda agree with some of the writers in BRBN.

With our existing roster of receivers, (and barring some injuries), he's not going to see a whole lot of snaps. BUT, he might see a lot of snaps in the red zone.

Probably won't have a ton of receptions or yards, but might get a noticeable number of TDs.

Archived