Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Josh Doctson WR TCU

PCS

2 hours ago, goskins10 said:

You stated they were likely frustrated because "the staff can't find anything wrong with him", something that belongs much more in the conspiracy theory thread with all the other baseless conclusions. Had you stopped with they are frustrated with him not being on the field, I would have agreed because, well that's pretty obvious.

If I knew you were going to be so offended by what I said I probably wouldn't have said it.  I don't believe there is any conspiracy but I do think the medical staff would clear him to play if he said he was ready.

4 hours ago, jschuck12001 said:

If I knew you were going to be so offended by what I said I probably wouldn't have said it.  I don't believe there is any conspiracy but I do think the medical staff would clear him to play if he said he was ready.

I am not the one getting defensive about the statement they made. Again, you stated you believed they can't actually find anything wrong with him and are covering in up. That conclusion makes no sense.  

Your second statement above is completely different. Of course he would play if the medical staff would clear him. But they clearly are not ready to do that. Unlike shanny, Jay has shown great patience in putting guys health first. He will not play Doctson unless he is absolutely certain he is ready to go. That goes beyond the medical staff.

My last statement still goes and was the point from the beginning. Have some patience.

5 hours ago, goskins10 said:

My last statement still goes and was the point from the beginning. Have some patience.

There are actually two nutty conspiracy theories floating around.

One is this 'Docston is really not hurt and is sandbagging it' goofiness. This silliness derives from Cooley's BS speculation that Docston has "no heart" for the game. Some folks heard that, and have decided to run with it. :rolleyes:

The other nutter theory is that 'Docston was injured BEFORE the draft, and the Redskins were duped and/or missed it'. This silliness, I believe, derives from GMSM punching or hitting a chair. :ols:

The simple explanation is that Docston was hurt in mini-camp and needs rest instead of surgery.

The Cowboys have the same problem with Elliot. He has missed some work in training camp because of a hamstring. He has yet to play in the preseason (he won't play this Friday). The Giants 1st round pick, Eli Apple, has also missed some time due to injury.

The fact is, injuries happen, and unfortunately, one has happened to Docston. The Redskins have to deal with it be making sure he gets the best care.

Fans have to deal with it by being patient.

7 hours ago, goskins10 said:

I am not the one getting defensive about the statement they made. Again, you stated you believed they can't actually find anything wrong with him and are covering in up. That conclusion makes no sense.  

Your second statement above is completely different. Of course he would play if the medical staff would clear him. But they clearly are not ready to do that. Unlike shanny, Jay has shown great patience in putting guys health first. He will not play Doctson unless he is absolutely certain he is ready to go. That goes beyond the medical staff.

This is the last time I will address this, I didn't say they are covering up anything so your just making stuff up. Let me spell it out for you, I think Josh is soft and he's dragging his ass getting back on the field.  The diagnosis is tendonitis but there is no visible damage they can see on a scan.

Where did you read that the trainers are holding him out, I've heard Jay say in previous press conferences that it was on Josh as to when he returns to the field.

I just listen to the press conferences on my hour drive home every day. I could have swore I've heard Jay flip flop on this, about a week into camp he made it seem as if Josh was the one who wasn't comfortable and now he has really backed off and won't even address a status on the player and they are in "take it slow" mode.

It is what it is, not a big deal and no consipracy, maybe I interpreted everything incorrectly.

4 hours ago, jschuck12001 said:

This is the last time I will address this, I didn't say they are covering up anything so your just making stuff up. Let me spell it out for you, I think Josh is soft and he's dragging his ass getting back on the field.  The diagnosis is tendonitis but there is no visible damage they can see on a scan.

Where did you read that the trainers are holding him out, I've heard Jay say in previous press conferences that it was on Josh as to when he returns to the field.

This is my last response. I made nothing up. You implied a conspiracy when you stated that there was actually nothing wrong with Josh and that they did not want to say it as it would made Josh look like ****. Those are your words. So how am I making stuff up??? 

You are welcome to your opinion of Josh, even if you have no basis in fact. It's called being a fan. But expect to be called out for it when you make these type of accusations without factual data to support.

As I said, I am done. We at least agree there is no need to continue. 

FWIW, Grant Paulsen said he's heard rumblings from "people on the beat" that the team is a bit puzzled by Josh's inability to shake this and that it's raising questions about him w/ in the organization. I'm paraphrasing that, but that's definitely the gist of what he said.  I thought of this thread immediately when he said it but I haven't had time to sit in my office since I heard it.

This was on today's show on 106.7, during the 10:30-11AM timeframe. 

I don't know why people have to have their head in the sand and not at least acknowledge its an odd situation and concerning at this point. I can't recall a sore Achilles being nursed this long with just no expectation or timeframe for return. Just 2 weeks. Then 2 more weeks. Then maybe in a couple weeks. Then we will see. Then no updates at all. 

11 hours ago, jschuck12001 said:

When was there a diagnosis released by the team? Also, who said there was 'a scan'?

Can you corroborate this? Not trying to troll or anything. My criticism of the whole matter revolves around those 2 questions. I've not heard a diagnosis released by the team (forgive me if it was). Further, I also have heard of no imaging at this point.

What was it that Scott reacted to? Did they scan him? What was result? Inquiring minds want to know

12 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I don't know why people have to have their head in the sand and not at least acknowledge its an odd situation and concerning at this point.

And I don't know why some people have to take a simple, unfortunate injury and turn it into a full blown conspiracy.

Are your lives that boring? Are you just yearning to go back to the days of the 3-ring circus atmosphere and are trying to get the feel of it again?

You guys act like this is unusual. Maybe in comparison to the Snyderatto days, it is. However, coaches are usually very secretive about player injuries. Or just not very forthcoming, unless the player is out for the year.

A good example is Bill Belicheck. This guy usually says practically next to nothing about player injuries in his PCs.

Folks here need to relax, and let this treatment take its course. We all want to see Docston on the field. Eventually, we will, but making up crazy conspiracies isn't going to make it happen faster. :)

This morning on the radio, John Keim echoed that some people in the building are "confused" about Doctson's status, like Grant Paulsen said yesterday. So please stop acting like people who think there is something more going on behind the scenes are crazy.  Rumors like that don't leave the building under the new regime usually, so there's definitely some smoke here. 

10 minutes ago, NattyBo said:

Rumors like that don't leave the building under the new regime usually, so there's definitely some smoke here. 

That's been one of the more refreshing changes of late.

If that message is getting out then it is probably a reflection of frustration with the situation, at least by some in the organization.

I think the whole thing would be a lot simpler if someone would simply say, 'Yea, he had an MRI and no major structural damage. We're looking at tendonitis and timetable unclear for return'. 

To my knowledge, neither a diagnoses nor an image report has been mentioned. 

Do they have to? no. Is this Tom Brady, where a cloak of secrecy may have a strategic advantage? no. 

So, why all the vagueness

19 minutes ago, NattyBo said:

This morning on the radio, John Keim echoed that some people in the building are "confused" about Doctson's status, like Grant Paulsen said yesterday. So please stop acting like people who think there is something more going on behind the scenes are crazy.  Rumors like that don't leave the building under the new regime usually, so there's definitely some smoke here. 

Sounds like local media trying to stir the pot because they've got nothing else to talk about in this boring offseason.

But believe want you want. That there is some giant, X-Files like conspiracy the Redskins are perpetrating to keep the AWFUL truth about Docston from a bunch of internet dwelling Redskin fans. :rolleyes: 

GMSM was probably the one up on the grassy knoll as well come to think of it. :ols:

6 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Sounds like local media trying to stir the pot because they've got nothing else to talk about in this boring offseason.

But believe want you want. That there is some giant, X-Files like conspiracy the Redskins are perpetrating to keep the AWFUL truth about Docston from a bunch of internet dwelling Redskin fans. :rolleyes: 

GMSM was probably the one up on the grassy knoll as well come to think of it. :ols:

Nice strawman.  No one - at least not me - is alleging a conspiracy.  Some are questioning whether Doctson is as injured as he says he is, because information seems to be trickling out that the team can't find a reason why he shouldn't be farther ahead than he is.  That's not a conspiracy, that's an opinion, of which there is at least some evidence to back up. By all means, don't let that stop you being a Pollyanna. 

Sounds like the impatient folks around the board are already chalking JD up as a bust. 

This is all so silly.  I know it's hard to read tone via print, but a lot of people have their panties in a bunch over this.  Just let the dude heal and he'll be back when he gets back.  The team wants him back just as much as we all do.  He'll get healed up soon and IDGAF if it's this week or the 2nd week in November.  I want a healthy Doctson, not a rushed back, fragile Doctson. 

13 minutes ago, NattyBo said:

Nice strawman.  No one - at least not me - is alleging a conspiracy.  Some are questioning whether Doctson is as injured as he says he is, because information seems to be trickling out that the team can't find a reason why he shouldn't be farther ahead than he is.  That's not a conspiracy, that's an opinion, of which there is at least some evidence to back up. By all means, don't let that stop you being a Pollyanna. 

What information is "trickling out"? What evidence? There is none.

This is nothing but a bunch of fans hand-wringing and making things up because they are too impatient to simply let him work through his injury.

It is laughable because many on this board used to lament the days of all "sources" coming out of Redskin Park, giving out info to the press that was stirring up trouble.

Now we got folks complaining because things are kept tight-lipped and secure at Redskin Park. So that must mean the Redskins are hiding something. :rolleyes: 

This isn't me being Pollyanna. This is me using common sense. You and others fretting "what's really happening at Redskins Park" <cue sinister music here> might want to try some before you go off the deep end. :ols:

4 minutes ago, CBass1724 said:

Can you please learn reading comprehension before coming hot at me?  I'll wait. 

Seems pretty straightforward, you're implying that people who think there's something going on behind the scenes here also think that Doctson will be a bust. 

I can only speak for me, but I think there is something going on behind the scenes with the team and Doctson's injury.  I don't think he's going to be a bust, but I do think the team thinks he should be farther along than he is.  And, having had achilles tendinitis myself, I don't necessarily think it should take this long for an elite athlete to heal up from it.  Your mileage may vary, obviously. 

4 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

What information is "trickling out"? What evidence? There is none.

This is nothing but a bunch of fans hand-wringing and making things up because they are too impatient to simply let him work through his injury.

It is laughable because many on this board used to lament the days of all "sources" coming out of Redskin Park, giving out info to the press that was stirring up trouble.

Now we got folks complaining because things are kept tight-lipped and secure at Redskin Park. So that must mean the Redskins are hiding something. :rolleyes: 

This isn't me being Pollyanna. This is me using common sense. You and others fretting "what's really happening at Redskins Park" <cue sinister music here> might want to try some before you go off the deep end. :ols:

I've posted two reliable sources (Grant Paul and John Keim) who have mentioned this.  That's called trickling out.  If you choose to ignore said evidence, that's on you. 

I think the JD situation isolated out by itself wouldn't be a huge concern if not for our history with drafting WRs.  I know we have a new GM and all that, and he has done a great job turning things around in such a short amount of time, but no GM is going to hit on 100% of their picks, so when a situation like this arises, it is going to bring back some past demons.

2 minutes ago, NattyBo said:

I've posted two reliable sources (Grant Paul and John Keim) who have mentioned this.  That's called trickling out.  If you choose to ignore said evidence, that's on you. 

Keim and Paulsen have offered NOTHING. Just rank speculation by two guys who have NO inside sources at the top.

That is your "evidence"? :ols:

Just now, SkinsGuy said:

Keim and Paulsen have offered NOTHING. Just rank speculation by two guys who have NO inside sources at the top.

That is your "evidence"? :ols:

Like I said, if you choose to ignore that, it's on you. Keim and Paulsen are more connected to the team than anyone in this thread, anyway. 

Archived