Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Josh Doctson WR TCU

PCS

I may just be reading it incorrectly so we may be saying the same thing. But just for clarification:.

Example: Player A goes on IR after gm 2 but they really need him back before the end of the year and think he has a chance. Then player B goes out after gm 3 but he is even more critical and has the same chance of coming back.

The way I understand it is that under the old rules if they designated player A for return they could not then change it to player B. Now they don't have to designate at all. They can see how they progress. If it turns out player B comes back faster then he can be reinstated. Or player A if it works the other way. 

What stays the same is only one player per year can be brought back off IR.

I misunderstood the 3 or 4 guy's on short term IR part but I get it now. I thought you meant 3 or 4 could be brought back during the season but you just meant they could stash 3 or 4 (or however many they may want to chose from to bring back) and they don't care which of them. Thought I'd missed something on the new rule about how many could come back.

22 hours ago, goskins10 said:

There is a difference between wanting to know and drawing all kinds of outlandish conclusions like the conspiracy theories and that he was already injured or there is major cover up. Then some who have decided that he is already a bust, was never that good, that Scot totally missed it. Yes those are not the majority thoughts here but have been stated. People watch too much TMZ!

I don't always agree with the team and get asking the questions. But there are some who just mainly **** and complain and think they are entitled to know everything that is going on. 

Also, what will change if they have a complete expose' on everything Josh? What will anyone do differently? It's clearly a little more serious and/or is taking longer to heal. Seems pretty straight forward to me.

Oh I totally agree.  However the post I quoted said we should not be spending so much time discussing this when there are other stories, poster said nothing about conspiracy theories etc.  It implied we should drop the topic entirely and I just disagree.

50 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Oh I totally agree.  However the post I quoted said we should not be spending so much time discussing this when there are other stories, poster said nothing about conspiracy theories etc.  It implied we should drop the topic entirely and I just disagree.

That was the end of a long string of back and forth. Read back (only if you are bored) and you will see what I was responding to. I never meant to suggest we just let it go, but some have been obsessing over it to the point of suggesting Jay and the team are covering things up or that Josh was already injured and that's why Scot was so angry - crazy stuff. It is what it is. Worth keeping an eye on but not worth obsessing over.

Gruden: 

8/17: "I don’t have any expectations for him whatsoever."

8/23: "I have total expectation that he'll be ready for Week 1."

Talk about mixed messages.  Maybe he is applying a little pressure on JD? Either that, or he's unexpectedly made a lot of progress in the last 6 days. 

6 hours ago, NattyBo said:

Talk about mixed messages.  Maybe he is applying a little pressure on JD? Either that, or he's unexpectedly made a lot of progress in the last 6 days. 

I really don't think it has much to do with Gruden trying to put pressure on him.  I take Jay at face value on this one.  I think last week they still didn't have any idea, and now they feel comfortable projecting him to be ready to go week one.  This change has also been reflected in his workload increase over the past couple of practices.  I think he's close.  

I'm excited to see him on the field.  It'll be nice to put some of the speculation surrounding his injury to bed.  

14 hours ago, NattyBo said:

Gruden: 

8/17: "I don’t have any expectations for him whatsoever."

8/23: "I have total expectation that he'll be ready for Week 1."

Talk about mixed messages. 

Jay Gruden optimistic Josh Doctson will play Week One

“I have total expectation that he’s going to be ready Week One, possibly the fourth preseason game, but we’ll still see. Like I said, it’s a new injury to me.”  :cheers:

OK, I said I'd re-evaluate my stance halfway through camp.  I am officially concerned about his injury and that he hasn't been able to get on the field.  I think because it's a long season, he can still catch up and talk of his season being "over" because he's missed time, is overblown in my opinion.  He will have time to catch up on the field. I'm also encouraged with the latest progress of at least being able to work out and run and cut. Encouraging. My hope is that he'll progress enough to get on the field the last preseason game (only if he's 100%) to get in a half dozen plays or so to get his feet wet.

I dont see an issue with what Jay says... Im sure the medical diagnosis and the information coming from the docs and trainers change as JD progresses.  A week ago JG was prob told no timetable at this moment for JDs return, how hes hearing itl be sooner rather then later.  My .02

3 hours ago, CBass1724 said:

You picked a weird time to be concerned, right when he's coming back! :ols:

Sure, but I said I would revisit my stance halfway through camp. Like I said, I like how he is progressed, but still need to see him in a game. Hopefully he plays soon and my worries will be over. I watched Will Fuller play for the Texans this weekend and it riled me a bit. 

3 hours ago, Califan007 said:

I think I read on NFL.com in some article, maybe...who knows lol...that Doctson was a "loser" of the Skins' training camp and preseason because it was 11 weeks ago when the Skins claimed they were keeping him out of practice just to be "ultra cautious" (or words to that effect).

Here is the article. Oddly enough they could only find one positive thing to say about the team - Vernon Davis. Seems there is at least a little more than that going on!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000689284/article/nfc-winners-and-losers-dak-prescott-goes-wild-again

5 hours ago, goskins10 said:

Here is the article. Oddly enough they could only find one positive thing to say about the team - Vernon Davis. Seems there is at least a little more than that going on!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000689284/article/nfc-winners-and-losers-dak-prescott-goes-wild-again

That's the one lol...and I thought the same thing. Vernon Davis?...I mean, he appears to be doing really well, which I love. But our "winner" is Davis? (or only Davis, I should say)...and he's a winner because he should make the team?! lol...

8 hours ago, goskins10 said:

Two words - Gregg Rosenthal. Cowturds can never do wrong. Ask him, he'll tell ya. Redskins on the other hand...

2 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Could've sworn I read Jay Gruden saying Doctson won't play in the 4th preseason game.  But who knows.

He did say that.  He also said “Oh, yeah. No question, no question.” about whether Doctson could be ready for week 1

On 8/24/2016 at 0:33 PM, goskins10 said:

Two words - Gregg Rosenthal. Not the most unbiased writter. Now if it was about the Cowboys...

It's hard to find a "loser" in Dallas during the same week the team moved into its fancy new practice facilities..

....we are no closer to knowing who will start Week 1 at defensive end...

Well it's a lot of mindless dribble but you get the idea. Somehow I can't see 'we are no closer to knowing who will start Week 1 at defensive end' belonging in the 'good section' but that's for a Turds report...

Archived