Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Gun Control Debate Thread

Dont Taze Me Bro

3 hours ago, abdcskins said:

^ Pretty much. Guns guns guns guns. Like Covid, they will never go away. Anericans love them too much. We love killing each other. 

Like with Covid, it shows we are a selfish society.  Scream "Mah freedumbs!" rather than wear a mask and get a shot in the interest of public health and the good of our whole society.  People wan to have as many guns as we want with no restrictions on type, who can have them and when and where they can be carried, instead of implementing restrictions based on training/licensing and mental health, nevermind how many people are killed each year in this country by guns.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, China said:

Like with Covid, it shows we are a selfish society.  Scream "Mah freedumbs!" rather than wear a mask and get a shot in the interest of public health and the good of our whole society.  People wan to have as many guns as we want with no restrictions on type, who can have them and when and where they can be carried, instead of implementing restrictions based on training/licensing and mental health, nevermind how many people are killed each year in this country by guns.

I shed my frustration in the vax thread.  I have nothing else. 

If you don't want to RISK dying, get vaxxed.  Period.  I had big plans, they're gone, but they don't make me want to discount my future.

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

I shed my frustration in the vax thread.  I have nothing else. 

If you don't want to RISK dying, get vaxxed.  Period.  I had big plans, they're gone, but they don't make me want to discount my future.

It's the one level removed that gets to me. I mean I can understand someone saying "I'm willing to risk me." I have taken some stupid risks in my life that put me at risk. We all have. I have far less sympathy for someone who says, "I want to risk my children" or even "I'm okay with risking you."

I know that some have gotten brainwashed by misinformation and think COVID is just a mild version of the flu and that vaccines are ineffective, cause death, etc., but there are just a lot of people who know better who don't give a damn about putting their kids at risk for something that gains them nothing.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Gonna bet that’s self defense in Texas. 

i don’t know why people think it’s ok to grab someone’s gun. I’m not talking about legally/criminally, I’m just talking about good sense. 

like what is it you expect to happen when you grab someone’s gun?

my guess is you either wind up with the gun or you get shot. 

• Like 2

On 11/27/2021 at 12:37 PM, abdcskins said:

^ Pretty much. Guns guns guns guns. Like Covid, they will never go away. Anericans love them too much. We love killing each other. 

No we don't (like killing each other). Most of us gun guys are responsible, lock our **** up, make it almost impossible for others to access said guns.  And just protect our home/family by all means necessary.  Not every gun owner is some scumbag that wishes mass shootings, gun violence, etc. 

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, tshile said:

Gonna bet that’s self defense in Texas. 

i don’t know why people think it’s ok to grab someone’s gun. I’m not talking about legally/criminally, I’m just talking about good sense. 

like what is it you expect to happen when you grab someone’s gun?

my guess is you either wind up with the gun or you get shot. 

Straight facts.  

I dont like people shooting unarmed folks in self-defense, he clearly got away from him, it didn't need to go down like that. 

Heat of the moment, though, which he started by walking out on the porch with the rifle in the first place, completely unnecessary. 

15 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Straight facts.  

I dont like people shooting unarmed folks in self-defense, he clearly got away from him, it didn't need to go down like that. 

Heat of the moment, though, which he started by walking out on the porch with the rifle in the first place, completely unnecessary. 

I don't think anyone (on here) wants anybody to get shot and killed, unarmed or armed.  And when your defending your home and ask someone to get off your property and leave and they refuse to comply, you have the right to protect yourself/family/property and bring out your gun.  He did that, the ex stepped up to him, sticking out his chest, pushing it up on the guy.

He steps back, fires a warning shot, the the ex tries to take the rifle and he got shot.  Honestly, the ex was the aggressor, imo, cause he rushed the guy and initiated contact first.  Very stupid thing to do.  If charges are ever filed and it goes to trial, I really think it ends up as a self defense ruling by a jury.  I feel horrible for the guys kid, having to watch his father get killed in front of him by his mom's boyfriend, that is gonna mess him up really bad, for the rest of his life.

There is one thing I'm wondering, while Texas is a stand your ground state, their Castle Doctrine states that you can shoot someone legally if you fear for your life at your home, vehicle or workplace.

https://www.houston-criminalattorney.com/when-is-it-legal-to-shoot-someone-in-texas/

"It’s important to realize that you can’t use force on others for a simple act of trespassing. To shoot in Texas, you must fear for your safety when someone is breaking in or attempting to break in to your home, occupied vehicle, or workplace."

What I'm wondering is since it was at the ex-wife's house, if the boyfriend doesn't live with her (hasn't updated his address to that specific residence, etc.), could that be enough to get him convicted by a jury?  I believe, from the video recording, that it would be easy for him to argue that he feared for his life when the ex-husband rushed him, then tried to take his rifle from him after being both verbally warned and firing a warning shot.  Just wondering since it's not his property or doesn't officially live there if that matters or not.

There was clearly some history between the ex and her boyfriend.  The best course of action, would have been for the ex to get back in his car with his new wife, drive off the property, call the cops, explain that they are refusing to allow him to pick up his child (visitation, etc.), show the video, have the cops make them allow his kid to go with him.  

I don't know about y'all, but if I was faced with that, I'm not rushing and trying to take the guys gun.  I'm thinking of getting away safely, regrouping, finding another solution.  

• Like 1

@Dont Taze Me Bro it would not shock me if the boyfriend always intended to kill the ex-husband and jus needed him to do something that would fall under self-defense to kill him.  Like you said, why not call the cops, domestic disputes are notoriously common for escalating to violence. 

Automatically escalating to a possible life or death situation in a domestic issue with predictable results, no way to prove premeditated, but no doubt in my mind it was.  Using self-defense as way to get away with escalating situations is not cool, the ex-husband was unarmed, no need to pull a rifle out on him.

Read up on that Lubbock case.  Just awful.  Don’t know what happens to the killer legally, but the mother should get the max punishment for not producing her son at the required time.

The victim would not have reached for the gun if the shooter didn’t step out with it.  

None if this would have happened if the mother obeyed the custody order.

29 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Read up on that Lubbock case.  Just awful.  Don’t know what happens to the killer legally, but the mother should get the max punishment for not producing her son at the required time.

The victim would not have reached for the gun if the shooter didn’t step out with it.  

Thanks to all these cowboy laws, you sure don't have to be a genius in Texas to plan and get away with murder. Just provoke someone (by holding their kid, maybe?), wait for them to get bent out of shape about it, pop them and then claim you feared for your life.

If that ex-wife doesn't leave the shooter for killing her son's dad in front of him, I'd bet my left nut that was what happened.

I thought gun shop owners were supposed to be "responsible" gun owners.

South Carolina gun shop owner fatally shot worker in prank gone wrong

A South Carolina gun store owner faces an involuntary manslaughter charge after police said he shot one of his employees in the face in an attempted prank.

Jon Whitley, who owns Coastal Firearms in the Wando area, was arrested Monday nearly a month after the death of Stefan Mrgan.

Authorities found Mrgan inside the store’s lobby with a gunshot wound to his lower face on Nov. 2, news outlets reported.

A police affidavit states that Whitley placed a replica Glock BB gun among real firearms in the store with the intent of pranking Mrgan. Instead, Whitley mistakenly picked up and fired a real gun at Mrgan, according to an incident report.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1

On 11/30/2021 at 3:37 PM, Ball Security said:

What!? No, no, no, no! What you just said is pure common sense, we can't have that! 

This country is over.

On 11/30/2021 at 1:37 PM, Ball Security said:

but the mother should get the max punishment for not producing her son at the required time.

Im assuming youve never been divorced with kids, so Ill clue you in on a little secret: there basically is no punishment for this.  In particular if you happen to have the advantage of walking into a family court with a vagina rather than a penis.

15 minutes ago, Jabbyrwock said:

Im assuming youve never been divorced with kids, so Ill clue you in on a little secret: there basically is no punishment for this.  In particular if you happen to have the advantage of walking into a family court with a vagina rather than a penis.

I do not have any experience with this.  You’re saying there is no teeth in upholding a custodial agreement?  So if a couple has joint custody, but never lets the other half take custody at their designated time, there are no repercussions?  I have a hard time believing that.  But, again, I don’t have any experience with the system.

15 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I do not have any experience with this.  You’re saying there is no teeth in upholding a custodial agreement?  So if a couple has joint custody, but never lets the other half take custody at their designated time, there are no repercussions?  I have a hard time believing that.  But, again, I don’t have any experience with the system.

Pretty much.

Basically if visitation is withheld and lets say, for example, you call the cops.  The cops will check on the well being of the child, and if the kids okay, nothing happens.  You can file a motion in court complaining about the withheld visitation and, assuming the court gets around to hearing your case in less than a year, it might make changes in the custody arrangement and admonish the other party, might not.

To be clear: sure there are technically legal consequences.  But the technical law and what happens in actual practice are enormously separated and realize that NOTHING, technical or otherwise, is immediate or fast unless there is some direct evidence of physical child endangerment.  Which is sad, because the emotional damage that can be done to young developing children is enormous over the massive time delays in getting anything accomplished in the family court system.

• Like 2