Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Gun Control Debate Thread

Dont Taze Me Bro

5 minutes ago, RedskinsMayne said:

Well, i'm sure that most facists would agree with you, They only want to kill the stupid people. They only want to imprison the unjust. Their opponents must be crushed.

Huh? No. I'm talking about the people who really ARE stupid. This isn't hard to figure out. This isn't just me saying that people who disagree with me are stupid. It's as obvious as the sky being blue. You need some examples?

People who think Hillary had a body double

People who think Obama is a terrorist

People who believe Trump when he said he knew more than our generals about ISIS

People who disagree with me over anything

People who think Hillary killed a bunch of people or rapes children in a pizza parlor

etc. etc. etc.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Let me scan this thread to get your thoughts on guns before I respond.

edit: Now that I look at it, I'm not sure if this even really is a coffee table. It's more of a trunk.

Wait, how did you know ? Only my wife has the pictures. Wait...what did she do ? Daggone it. 

Seriously, it's rude.  Same as when folks have their kids running around a restaurant, or screaming like banshees. 

More serious. If I ask you to leave my property in a nice way, you are better off leaving. I am not violent or bi-polar, or any of those mental things that people think about. 

I expect respect when you come to MY house, same as I would give you if I came to your house. I try to be reasonable and ask you not to disrespect me and you still continue down that road...

To save you some time : I grew up with guns ( Dad a country guy mom a city woman), I am not Caucasian, I hate the fake Black lives matter stance and platform, I grew up in a military family, my parents ( yes, I had both) worked to teach us respect, drive, honor, humility, honesty, ... yeah, you don't care about the rest other than this one... family. ( joke). If you can't laugh at yourself...you are useless. 

Build family, build strength, build communication. 

Eliminate, hate, fear, disdain, disgust,  

I can go on for days with this if you want. 

Appreciate that I am on the side of letting this go. You DO NOT want to come at me with this. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Ok but I think you and I are actually in agreement (generally) on the topic if I recall from earlier conversations. I, of course, know that the subject is more complex than my little post. I wanted to rail on the GOP (I've only gotten to do it like 25 times so far today, not nearly enough) and I thought it would be fun to say "Kentuckeeeeeeeee". Here is what I want to do when it comes to guns....

Well, actually I don't know. I want to do whatever will do the most good. If everybody having 50 guns will save the most lives, reduce crime & accidents, etc then I want to do it. If 0 guns would accomplish that goal, then I want to do that. My best guess is that there is something in the middle that can save lives without unnecessarily infringing on people's rights. The problem is, we don't know what that is because the NRA (and others) block any attempt to find those common sense solutions.

Gotcha.  I can't always remember who I've already had the discussion with.  I just get frustrated when people try to paint it as so simple and that everyone that is pro-gun is how you portrayed them.  It sounds like your comment was more in jest for lack of a better term so I apologize for missing that.

And for the record, again, I am very pro-gun and also VERY anti-NRA.

3 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Gotcha.  I can't always remember who I've already had the discussion with.  I just get frustrated when people try to paint it as so simple and that everyone that is pro-gun is how you portrayed them.  It sounds like your comment was more in jest for lack of a better term so I apologize for missing that.

And for the record, again, I am very pro-gun and also VERY anti-NRA.

There are pro-gun people who would have fallen into my category #1. I didn't say that you can't be in favor of looking at common sense regulations AND be pro-gun as well. I'm not sure if "pro gun" is the word I would use for myself but I would probably fall into that category. Basically my breakdown was that there were people who are reasonable and people who aren't. Granted, there are people who aren't on both sides of the aisle and I didn't include the hardcore "ban everything, confiscate everything" left because they are essentially a non-factor in the current debate.

• 1 month later...

Dad says he fatally shot daughter while teaching gun safety

A father in Indiana is facing five felonies after inadvertently shooting his 9-year-old daughter while he says he was teaching his three children not to play with guns, later telling a responding officer: “She’s dead, she’s dead. I thought it was empty.”

Eric Hummel, 33, shot Olivia Hummel once in the head just after telling his two sons about the danger of handguns in the family’s home in Hobart on Saturday. The girl died less than 30 minutes later, the Chicago Tribune reports.

Click on the link for the full article

Mission accomplished. His sons will likely never even want to probably look at a gun again. Or they might turn into ragey psychopaths, who knows. Shame that lesson  had to come via their dad shooting their sister in the head. I'm sure that will make for wonderful future dinner conversations.

Can someone explain to me why sex offenders are allowed to use social media because of the 1st amendment (see this week's Supreme Court ruling) but non-violent convicted felons *cough* aren't allowed to own firearms despite the 2nd amendment? i don't mean your bull**** moralizing/philosophizing explanation. I mean the legal explanation. 

Edited by BornaSkinsFan83
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

Can someone explain to me why sex offenders are allowed to use social media because of the 1st amendment (see this week's Supreme Court ruling) but non-violent convicted felons *cough* aren't allowed to own firearms despite the 2nd amendment? i don't mean your bull**** moralizing/philosophizing explanation. I mean the legal explanation. 

That is a good point. Has a felon challenged this?  That said not being a lawyer - maybe restrictions that are specifically imposed upon conviction by the courts are legal and the Social Media restrictions weren't imposed at the time of conviction (I know internet criminals have also been restricted/banned from accessing the internet as part of a sentence). 

Edited by nonniey

9 hours ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

Ill put my non-lawyer thoughts in.....

It has nothing to do with right amd wrong and just politicians doing what is best for themselves and not what is right.  No politician wamts to fight for it because the oppositiin will run ads saying they "want to give guns to felons!!!!"  And thats it.

You all do know that non-violent felonies were upgraded from misdemeanors to keep blacks off the voter rolls. 

That's the Klan and NRA influencing legislators, thus NRA rules. 

Crimes of a sexual nature are just considered boys will be boys, so a lot considered misdemeanors and not felonies