Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Gun Control Debate Thread

Dont Taze Me Bro

On June 29, 2017 at 2:29 PM, TryTheBeal! said:

The NRA is a Death Cult.

<viral NRA ad video>

Just saw this video, and I must say it is scary stuff. Worse than the lunatics on the left who want to burn the racist patriarchy to the ground are the compensatory forces they've summoned on the right who are stocking up on ammo to use against them. Now might be a good time for the ideologically possessed folks on both sides to stop regarding half the country as the enemy.

Edited by s0crates

• 2 weeks later...

“The good-reason law is necessarily a total ban on most D.C. residents’ right to carry a gun in the face of ordinary self-defense needs,” wrote Judge Thomas B. Griffith, who was joined by Judge Stephen F. Williams.

Residents who want a permit to carry a concealed firearm in D.C. must now show that they have “good reason to fear injury” or a “proper reason,” such as transporting valuables.

Maryland operates the same way.

I'm cool with restrictions, but not that restrictive. I'd prefer training/proficiency tests and legal understanding tests, not ones about whether you transfer valuables or not.

Seems that beyond a type of firearm...there is a slight chance to agree. 

Now that, that part is over. 

Full circle. I feel that it is within my rights to protect myself and my family. 

I do not think anyone disagrees with that. 

• Like 1

I have my gun in my home, and I carry when I travel, especially at rest stops when I walk Dancer. And now especially as my left side is weakened by the stroke in that I can't run. 

You bet I am armed. I now present as prey and attractive to predators. Except I can defend myself.

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I guess this Vegas situation wouldnt be one where the "if only people had been armed, it coulda been stopped" argument would apply. 

I would say not.  No way anyone else could have done anythimg to stop him short of an extremely skilled sniper with a very nice rifle.

• Like 1