Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Gun Control Debate Thread

Dont Taze Me Bro

3 minutes ago, Larry said:

No, repeating contradictory statements do not cause them to not be contradictory.  

Either you want the person who pulls the trigger to be (solely) responsible, or you don't.  

Your position is "I want the business to be responsible if they choose the option that my group doesn't want them to pick.  (But, if they pick the option I want, then they're not responsible for the results of their decision.)".  

Gotcha.  I misunderstood what you thought was contradicting.  I guess I comes down to opinion.  In not going to get into it again right now.  I'm about to go diving.  We can discuss more later.

8 hours ago, Larry said:

No, repeating contradictory statements do not cause them to not be contradictory.  

Either you want the person who pulls the trigger to be (solely) responsible, or you don't.  

Your position is "I want the business to be responsible if they choose the option that my group doesn't want them to pick.  (But, if they pick the option I want, then they're not responsible for the results of their decision.)".  

I'm back.  So I don't think that a business should be held responsible for a person using a firearm just because they allow it to be carried.  That's because the business is just allowing something that is already allowed in the area (assuming it is by local laws).  Now if a business does not allow a weapon to be carried in a area when it would otherwise be legally allowed, they are telling me that I don't need to be able to defend myself and therefore they are taking responsibility for my safety.  If they fail in that, then they should be held responsible for that.  I don't see why you'd have an issue with that.  

So there was someone here a while back who I told I would give some advice on an heirloom rifle but I don't remember who it was.  I believe they didn't message me but posted to my profile or something and now I don't know how to find it.  Anyone know who that was?  

Edit:  whoever it was, check the link below.  Let me know if that is not nice enough, too nice, etc.  It comes in .22 which is a small caliber that was asked for.

Henry H004M Goldenboy Standard Lever 22 Mag 20.5" 12+1 American Walnut Stk Blue

Edited by TheGreatBuzz

8-year-old shot to death moments after surviving car crash

An 8-year-old Houston girl survived a car crash Saturday morning — only to be shot and killed minutes later.

DeMaree Atkins was in the backseat of her mother Toyia Thomas’ Black Honda Accord on the Beltway feeder road when two cars traveling south slammed into them, ABC13 reported.

After the impact, a female driver in one of the cars suddenly whipped out a gun, and started blasting away, local police said.

“I looked over and thought she was trying to help,” Thomas said of the gunwoman. “She pulled a gun out of the window and she started shooting. Each one of those bullets hit the back of my car where my baby was.”

At first the mom didn’t realize her child was struck.

Police said they don’t know why the woman was shooting, but said both mom and daughter were not her intended targets.

The killer remains at large.

Click on the link for the full article

WASHINGTON (AP) — Senate votes to block Obama-era rule preventing mentally impaired Social Security recipients from buying guns.

If this doesn't shout to you the GOP is in the gun lobby's pockets and it's all about dollars and not about rights or people's safety I don't know what will. Moreover, the next time, the Gun Lobby or gun rights advocates shout that gun violence isn't the problem and that the real problem is mental illness/health... you will know they are full of ****.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

I'm not sure I really get the discriminatory claim.  Is it discriminatory to say a blind person can't drive a car?

Cars aren't mentioned in the constitution, so it's OK to say blind people operating them in public is unacceptably dangerous.  

6 minutes ago, twa said:

Except it would be like denying drivers licenses because you wear glasses or the right to vote while under psychiatric care 

Double quote to address the rest. My wife wears glasses occasionally...drives like a bat out of hell...not to mention she is in need of psychiatric care. IMO.

hahaha. Now she is going to kill me.  

2 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Double quote to address the rest. My wife wears glasses occasionally...drives like a bat out of hell...not to mention she is in need of psychiatric care. IMO.

hahaha. Now she is going to kill me.  

Lucky for you she can't see or think straight.....sleeping might be a problem though. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, twa said:

Except it would be like denying drivers licenses because you wear glasses or the right to vote while under psychiatric care 

No. it isn't. Not in the least.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/16/us/james-holmes-theater-shooting-fenton/

btw...

http://www.massmed.org/uploadedFiles/massmedorg/News_and_Publications/Physician_Focus/impaired_driving.pdf

Edited by Mad Mike
  • Like 2

I'm thinking of getting a CCL in VA before I move. I have a S&W Bodyguard .38 Special with laser sight. I have small hands and can handle it fine. 

I have an AMT Backup ,380 semi auto that I am trying to get rid of. Called  pawn shop and a gun retailer and they don't want it. I stopped a cop and asked about turning it into a substation and he didn't know about that. 

I refuse to sell it at a gun show because you don't know who's buying it.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I'm thinking of getting a CCL in VA before I move. I have a S&W Bodyguard .38 Special with laser sight. I have small hands and can handle it fine. 

I have an AMT Backup ,380 semi auto that I am trying to get rid of. Called  pawn shop and a gun retailer and they don't want it. I stopped a cop and asked about turning it into a substation and he didn't know about that. 

I refuse to sell it at a gun show because you don't know who's buying it.

Most gun stores will buy used guns, they just won't give you much for them. Maybe you should just consider keeping it in a safe, secure place at home as a backup. A gun is useless if you cant reach it.

25 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

In one sense I suppose. But in another, more accurate sense, no it wouldn't.

Well if ya wanna get technical, no. :)

The rule was overly broad and restricted a right though

1 hour ago, Mad Mike said:

Most gun stores will buy used guns, they just won't give you much for them. Maybe you should just consider keeping it in a safe, secure place at home as a backup. A gun is useless if you cant reach it.

I couldn't get anything for it, they wouldn't take it, wouldn't really discuss it. I just want it gone out of my house. I'm going to call my local substation and see if they will take it.