Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: #REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

TK

For Immediate Release

September 29, 2015

REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have made the following roster moves:

The Redskins signed the following free agent:

LB Mason Foster

The Redskins signed the following practice squad player to their active roster:

CB Quinton Dunbar

The Redskins placed the following players on their Reserve/Injured list:

G Shawn Lauvao

CB Justin Rogers

The Redskins signed the following player to their practice squad:

C Austin Reiter

Did you see Le Rib playing last week?

....I don't think next season's LG is even on the roster. :(

I think LeRib was active because he could back up both guard and center, but I don't think he is first in line to be the next starter at guard. My guess is that will be Long or Kuandjo (sp) I kind of want to see Long take it, but whichever pup takes it I want them to hold onto the position fiercely. 

If we lose 2-3 more games can we go ahead and do what the Bears are doing and trade all the old timers like Hatcher who won't be around when we are good anymore anyway?

We should, but I doubt it. We have 4 more games until the deadline. If we're sitting at 2-5 at that point I would pray we would make a lot of players available, not just "old timers".

Well obviously I don't have access to his medical reports but putting Lauvao on the season ending IR for a freaking sprained ankle seems short sighted. If he could come back in a couple of weeks they should ride it out and then we'd have our proven pulling guard for those bad weather games in the NorthEast in November and December.

So our corners are Culliver, Breeland, Blackmon (recently signed), Jarret (late round rookie safety/nickel) and Dunbar (converted wr - hasn't played corner since HS)... wow. Time for Barry, Fewell and the Dline to earn their $$. Anyone else think this is Bradford's/Kelly's big chance to look like a star for a week?

OTOH, I look forward to seeing the young guys have a chance to grow/shine.

I'm also intrigued by Foster... though now we have two backup lbs that "can't" play STs. Yay.

So our corners are Culliver, Breeland, Blackmon (recently signed), Jarret (late round rookie safety/nickel) and Dunbar (converted wr - hasn't played corner since HS)... wow. Time for Barry, Fewell and the Dline to earn their $$. Anyone else think this is Bradford's/Kelly's big chance to look like a star for a week?

OTOH, I look forward to seeing the young guys have a chance to grow/shine.

I'm also intrigued by Foster... though now we have two backup lbs that "can't" play STs. Yay.

Big tactical question too. In the past, when we had a weak secondary or injuries DC's often played coverage and played more off trying to limit big plays. This resulted sometimes in QBs havinga field day because the limiting the pass rush gave the QBs more time and DBs playing with cushions and softer zones made it easier for a QB to find his man.

So, with a thin secondary... do you go conservative or do you attack more risking the big play but hoping pressure will help your defense overall?

If we lose 2-3 more games can we go ahead and do what the Bears are doing and trade all the old timers like Hatcher who won't be around when we are good anymore anyway?

Hmmm...  The Bears paid Allen an $11.5M roster bonus this year, then trade him to Carolina for a 6th round pick - who will basically pay him the vet minimum ($800K+ for the rest of the year).  Then the Bears trade their leading tackler in 2014 for another 6th round pick (Bostic is coming off injury and doesn't really fit into the new defensive scheme).  I just don't see how these moves help them build for the future - it looks like they are just doing stuff to make it look like they are doing something.

There really isn't a great market for midseason trades anymore.  Who would you trade off our roster and what would you expect in return?

I can't believe Cooley can't even get a work out for the Redskins.  Carrier is not big enough to maintain his block and gets called for holding every game.  I swear he's related to George Starke!  Is it McCloughan? 

I remember reading in another thread that the Skins can't sign Cooley because he is a Redskins employee, though I don't remember seeing an actual reference for that rule.  I also don't know if there is a certain number of "degrees of separation" for that rule.  Like can your paycheck just not say Redskins or any business owned by them?  Can we sign a person who is a Johnny Rockets employee?  I don't know.

Well obviously I don't have access to his medical reports but putting Lauvao on the season ending IR for a freaking sprained ankle seems short sighted.

I just read Lauvao needs surgery to repair torn ligaments in his ankle so this is the right move. I thought our front office had lost their mind(s).

Hmmm...  The Bears paid Allen an $11.5M roster bonus this year, then trade him to Carolina for a 6th round pick - who will basically pay him the vet minimum ($800K+ for the rest of the year).  Then the Bears trade their leading tackler in 2014 for another 6th round pick (Bostic is coming off injury and doesn't really fit into the new defensive scheme).  I just don't see how these moves help them build for the future - it looks like they are just doing stuff to make it look like they are doing something.

There really isn't a great market for midseason trades anymore.  Who would you trade off our roster and what would you expect in return?

Isn't it obvious?

They are stockpiling 6th round picks.

Tom Brady was a 6th round pick.

Break up the Bears before their devious plan succeeds!

As for who we'd trade, I can think of someone off the top of my head...

Archived