Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYT: Drug Goes From $13.50 a Tablet to $750, Overnight

Springfield

Turing’s Martin Shkreli regrets 5,000% price hike—says it wasn’t high enough

In a Healthcare summit hosted by Forbes on Thursday, Martin Shkreli, the founder and CEO of Turing Pharmaceuticals, admitted he made a mistake by raising the price of a decades-old drug by more than 5,000 percent. But it’s not the mistake you might expect.

In response to an audience member who asked him if he would have done anything differently in regard to raising the price of the drug, Daraprim, Shkreli replied, “I probably would have raised the price higher.”

Click on the link for the full article

Editing out smartass retort -

I'll meet you halfway:

You're not all laissez-faire capitalists, evidently. That's a good thing, IMO, and I won't expect you to defend anyone else.

But laissez-faire capitalists tend to be over-represented among libertarians, don't you think?

"Libertarians" don't actually stand for anything since there really is no such thing as a functioning libertarian society or government in the history of mankind

It is a religion for some, a way to be above the fray for others, and simply a way to "be right" on the Internet for others.

So don't be surprised as their position constantly changes. I love their recent position that it takes government intervention to create free markets. LOL

Turing’s Martin Shkreli regrets 5,000% price hike—says it wasn’t high enough

In a Healthcare summit hosted by Forbes on Thursday, Martin Shkreli, the founder and CEO of Turing Pharmaceuticals, admitted he made a mistake by raising the price of a decades-old drug by more than 5,000 percent. But it’s not the mistake you might expect.

In response to an audience member who asked him if he would have done anything differently in regard to raising the price of the drug, Daraprim, Shkreli replied, “I probably would have raised the price higher.”

Click on the link for the full article

nothing like doubling down.

In an interesting turn of events

http://www.bloomberg.com/features/2015-martin-shkreli-wu-tang-clan-album/

Pharma's Bad Boy Exec Martin Shkreli Paid $2 Million for Wu-Tang Clan's New Record

It was one of the greatest sales pitches the music industry has ever heard. In March 2014, Robert Diggs, better known as RZA, the producer and de facto leader of the Wu-Tang Clan, the iconic rap group, announced that the Clan would create only one copyof its next album, Once Upon a Time in Shaolin, and sell it to the highest bidder. “We’re about to put out a piece of art like nobody else has done in the history of music,” RZA told Forbes. “We’re making a single-sale collector’s item. This is like someone having the scepter of an Egyptian king.”

Initially, the Clan wanted to forbid the buyer from publicly releasing the album for 88 years, but over time decided to grant the buyer total freedom as long as the album wasn’t sold commercially. That meant the owner could listen to the record in a soundproof room, drive a pickup truck over it, or release it for free on the Internet. If the owner desired, he could be the only one who ever heard it. In an era where people are happy to stream music rather than actually possess it, Once Upon a Time in Shaolin offered a chance to own something truly unique.

Having participated in bidding wars for companies and drugs, Shkreli says he had a feeling from the start that he’d made the highest offer for Shaolin. As it turned out, he was right. Shkreli won’t say how much he paid. But someone familiar with the deal says that the Wu-Tang Clan sold him the album for $2 million. Before he closed on the acquisition, Shkreli was permitted to listen to a few more snippets to make sure it was all there. Shkreli delegated the task to an employee. The same month, news broke that Shkreli’s new company, Turing Pharmaceuticals, had purchased an anti-parasitic drug called Daraprim and raised its price from $13.50 a pill to $750. Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton denounced him. “Price gouging like this in the specialty drug market is outrageous,” Clinton tweeted. Her Republican opponent Donald Trump also attacked Shkreli. “He looks like a spoiled brat to me,” Trump said. The BBC wrote that Shkreli “may be the most hated man in America.”

They should sell him an album that consists of an hour of Wu-Tang Clan hitting the bong and farting into the microphone - no doubt Martin Shkreli would still be happy, just as long as he could keep everyone else from hearing it.

Then after a week, Wu-Tang Clan could release an album of real music for broad distribution, and sell plenty of copies.

Everybody wins.

They should sell him an album that consists of an hour of Wu-Tang Clan hitting the bong and farting into the microphone - no doubt Martin Shkreli would still be happy, just as long as he could keep everyone else from hearing it.

Then after a week, Wu-Tang Clan could release an album of real music for broad distribution, and sell plenty of copies.

Everybody wins.

• 1 month later...

Summon his ass in there every day. Disrupt his life as much as absolutely legally possible. Raid his house on tips of drug activity as often as you can. Arrest him for every single little thing you can. Follow him every time he leaves his house, and if he goes 1 MPH over the speed limit, pull him over and search his car with the dogs, that won't get there for at least an hour. Do the same thing with any known associates.

It's not like congress has anything else to do.. I'd much rather see my tax dollars go towards making this asshole's life miserable than more of the usual do-nothing bull****.

~Bang

He's crossed the line from ordinary villainy to cartoonish super villainy and we're witness to his origin story.

yeah.. i'm starting to like him.    

i hope he buys a cape and mask for his next trial date, and starts talking in rhyme.   Maybe he can grow a moustache that he can wax and twirl while he ties maidens to railroad tracks?

Archived