Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2015 #Redskins verses Dolphins - Final

JimmiJo

Seen this film before. Some good things, signs of life but then find a way to loose not win.

Punt return for TD. Check. Drop 2 easy picks. Check. Fail to stop the run when you have to at the end of the game to get one last shot. Check. Miss a FG. Check. Fail to hit passes downfield. Check. On a key 4th down fail to see the blitz and check out of the called play and then sail it off your back foot. Check.

On the plus side Alfred Morris is Alfred Morris and Schreff played very well on his debut.

Groundhog day.

1st half dominate, but don't score.

2nd half fall apart. missed INT's and penalties.

Same end result.

Plenty of blame yet again. I have to mention the 4th & 7 though. Cousins shat himself under pressure. Step up, make the throw & let the defender take your head off. Make the damn play.

When it happens this frequently, it's coaching. Terrible, terrible coaching. 

Different quarterback. Same result.

The problem with this team is the head coach. Not whomever lines up behind center. The quick start was due to the fact that we have some good players that want to win. But the better coached team adjusted, played smart when it counted, and won the game. And Jay is now 4-13.  But yeah .. he'll still scapegoat the guy under center. The one that didn't even suit up.

Oh .. and "special" teams still sucks.

Let's see:

moving the ball without scoring TDs - check

special teams embarrassment when we can least afford it - check

defense lets two easy INTs go through their hands - check

self implosion via penalties - check

Sounds like Redskins football is back. This will be another 6-10 or worse year but since we can at least chew up clock, the games won't be beat downs like last year. So that is an improvement. It was nice to not see constant 3 and outs.

Indeed.  Once again, I know after the first game of the season, that the season will suck.

Serious question. Who here actually enjoys watching this team play? I feel like Bill Murray. It's "Groundhog Day". I've seen this game at least 10 times a year since, well, the 80s it seems.

No.  Not anymore.  I will always try and be "there", but not enjoyable, at all.  It's like I know the end of the story, before it's even written. It hasn't changed, for years now.  My fun buckets are full. 

Blame is there all around this game, except for the running backs.

Bad Penalties on Reed

Drops and failed jump balls on the WRs

Bad int and delay of game for QB

Bad penalties on oline

Coverage issues by Amerson

Inability to stop the run when you know it's coming at the end of the game for the Dline

Multiole ootential picks dropped

Horrible screw up on punt coverage

Bad time management at the end of the game by coaches

We're not a good team. We knew that going into it. That doesn't mean those things that aren't good shouldn't be acknowledged and criticized (bad teams DO deserve to be criticized even if expected to be bad), but we also shouldn't act shocked or like we weren't expecting it.

We were teased in the first half because we have some talent; but we're a bad team and bad teams tease, they don't give it to you all four quarters. And that's what happened here.

One thing I will say, I think Clou is right....Miami is going to feel this game tomorrow, especially those trying to tackle Almo

Grades:

OL - B  The young guys played well against a very stout MIA DL

WR - B Roberts needs to be benched. I hate his lack of effort. 

RB - A  is for Almo

DL - D Not impressed with Pot Roast, Hatcher, Paea, JFF

LB - C seemed on their heels the whole game; Murphy - ugh 

DB - C seemed zoned to death by Barry's calls

QB - C he was average; made some good plays but 2 INTs

ST - F - fail, yet again. PR for TD? Missed FG? So 2014. Punt the ****ing ball out of bounds. Please, for the love of Pete! 

Gold stars:

PSmith - hustle & fumble recovery; impressed

CThompson - showed some life to an otherwise miserable ST group

Almo - being his stud self. Again. 

TWill - whoever was playing DE on that side was never heard from all game. Plus he busted open some holes for Almo

SLauvao - hustle & good play all game. 

JReed - Dear Lord baby Jesus, lyin' there in your ghost manger, just lookin' at your Baby Einstein developmental videos, learnin' 'bout shapes and colors. I would like to thank you for bringin' the Redskins JReed and also keep him safe and healthy this year.

lol.... c

The thing is I think Kirk has proven what his ceiling is and that's mediocre. RG3 has looked terrible in the past but his ceiling is playoff contender. You gotta roll the dice with him me thinks if you're going to be losing anyway

The thing is I think Kirk has proven what his ceiling is and that's mediocre. RG3 has looked terrible in the past but his ceiling is playoff contender. You gotta roll the dice with him me thinks if you're going to be losing anyway

there are 16 million reasons not do this..

Yeah Andre Roberts is gonna set a record for more dropped balls than balls throw at him... He's a real concern.

Turning point? When we went penalty heavy at the end of the third. We completly went out of the game and never made it back. Pretty sure the Dolphins didn't played it fair and were being nasty in this. Suh anyone? Not flagged, seriously?

After that, Refs went after us and we didn't come away with much. Hard to win when you're not concentrated enough.

Obivously, there's lots of work to do. As expected. But as Elkabong said, there's also lots of positive to get from the game.

Groundhog day.

1st half dominate, but don't score.

2nd half fall apart. missed INT's and penalties.

Same end result.

Plenty of blame yet again. I have to mention the 4th & 7 though. Cousins shat himself under pressure. Step up, make the throw & let the defender take your head off. Make the damn play.

Bad play by him, ball came out like a wobbly duck, he was shook before he got hit, needs to get tougher in those situations.  The line did him no favors but the coaches have to know the heat's coming, call max protect or a screen, do something other than a straight passing play.  That showed a lot of weakness across the board.

Archived