Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Extremeskins Losing Steam

TE#80

Great post OP and I agree. Been hanging around about the same amount of time and this board has gone downhill fast.

One can't type anything without fear of a MOD or pseudo-MOD jumping down your throat and banning or giving NNT.

This should be a place to share information regarding the Redskins, and if a couple threads pop up with the same information, so be it. Life goes on.

This place has pretty much turned into a way to communicate for 10-15 people, and if you aren't in that core group it sucks for you.

Just look at how old some posts are on the first page and how many are locked. Ever think maybe 3-4 people want to have a discussion on a sub-topic regarding a certain topic and don't want it lost in some large thread they can't continually hit F5 on all day? Or maybe they want to avoid discussing a topic in front of a certain poster?

Not everyone has the time to spend 9 hours a day on here and stay on top of where threads are at. Shouldn't be punished for having work or kids or other responsibilities.

Wow

just.............wow

I am a life-support system for a mouth and you have rendered me speechless, kudos

Wow

just.............wow

I am a life-support system for a mouth and you have rendered me speechless, kudos

Not sure if that's good or bad?

The steam engine is going to be on full tonight during the Ravens game. If Cousins is great, or horrible, this site is going to explode.

One thread will blow up. God forbid there be 2

I agree with the original poster. I'm also drawn to my Bleacher Report app before checking back here if at all. If good posts/contributions are lost in threads, I'd recommend something along the lines of Reddit. Good responses that are positively voted on by the crowd gets boosted to the top and gain more visibility. I realize that this may not even be possible under the boards current structure, but it would be ideal. Of course, maybe the easiest solution is simply to use Reddit, but it seems like this threads about ideas for Extremeskins. So there's my 2cents.

But there is SO much else apart from the QB that goes into making a team. Posters like KDawg used to do great chalk talk threads on the O'Line or the 3-4 versus 4-3. I did some threads on what reading coverage really means (a road which quickly takes us back to the QB situation ...)

But those threads tend not to get that much attention - partly because not everyone is really interested in the X's and O's (which is fine) but also I think because its just easier to crash into the RGIII thread and shout 'he sucks" or "its all Grudens fault" etc.

These threads also intimidate some posters, which I find kind of odd. I get that if you never played the game the Xs and Os might be a bit of a mystery, but it's an internet message board and it's largely anonymous. If you are ignorant about something, who cares? Just ask and plenty of us will offer information/opinions to hopefully shed light on the topic.

Somebody should start a thread titled "Extremeskins Gaining Steam".

I know I was among those that wanted more diversity. Holy hell did I get it. It's taking a little... getting used to.

Now, question is, does this make moderating much more difficult? Serious question.

Somebody should start a thread titled "Extremeskins Gaining Steam".

I know I was among those that wanted more diversity. Holy hell did I get it. It's taking a little... getting used to.

Now, question is, does this make moderating much more difficult? Serious question.

Ask again in a week

I was surprised today by the amount of threads today and what the mods were letting go. I was expecting to open some a read a few comments before a mod closed them. Then I saw mods had posted in there! I hope it's just the mods letting people blow off steam cause when I got on at work, the front page was a train wreck.

I also want to second that I hate people who read the title and post without reading the thread. I always at least read the most recent few pages, if not the whole thread, to see where it's going before posting. I wish others did that more.

The mods here run this site like Dan Snyder runs the Redskins. With an iron fist. Micromanagement at its finest. This site is only as good as the people who log in & post. Yet, we have moderators who shoot down nearly every thread started, being overly critical, making it all about their power & less about your voice. A mega thread is ridiculous. Nobody wants to browse through 590 pages. Period. Let the people speak! Stop running this site like Snyder runs the Redskins!

The mods here run this site like Dan Snyder runs the Redskins. With an iron fist. Micromanagement at its finest. This site is only as good as the people who log in & post. Yet, we have moderators who shoot down nearly every thread started, being overly critical, making it all about their power & less about your voice. A mega thread is ridiculous. Nobody wants to browse through 590 pages. Period. Let the people speak! Stop running this site like Snyder runs the Redskins!

:ols: "let the people speak!" Hahahaha

"But they'll never take... Our FREEEEDOM!!!!!"

My favorite line to use is "grinding the weak and helpless beneath my iron boot of oppression."

And when I'm not being Batman, I am Dan Snyder. (shhhhh)

"I have a dream... That one day I might start a "zomg cousins sux" thread in the stadium, and like a great symphony, the multitude of ES members band together in the name of freedom, liberty, and "zomg ur right bruh" replies in my thread...

So I say to all of you, ask not what nazi mods can do to you, but what you can do to nazi mods. Ich bin ein ESer. Mr jumbo, tear down this wall!!!!

FREEEEEEEEEEEEDDDOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!"

So I just realized TK is an "administrator" not a "moderator". What is the difference?

He gets the limo and his own bathroom.

We clean the bathroom and wash the car.

"I have a dream... That one day I might start a "zomg cousins sux" thread in the stadium, and like a great symphony, the multitude of ES members band together in the name of freedom, liberty, and "zomg ur right bruh" replies in my thread...

So I say to all of you, ask not what nazi mods can do to you, but what you can do to nazi mods. Ich bin ein ESer. Mr jumbo, tear down this wall!!!!

FREEEEEEEEEEEEDDDOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!"

I wish I could do 1000 likes for one post.

The fact that a Redskins message board actually has moderators after how badly this franchise has sucked for the last two plus decades should tell you something.  The fact that this site is actually the best fan site on the internet should also tell you something.  But, that's just like, my opinion, dude. 

Archived