Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Extremeskins Losing Steam

TE#80

@ ES Staff ... I realize I've only just recently broken through the 1,000 posts threshold so maybe I'm not the most qualified source for this ...

I think you need to reconsider how the board is working.  The twitter/tweet "Topic" has essentially become its own completely unorganized forum.  Maybe you should filter them and route them to primary theme threads so there can be focused discussion about things, or something along those lines.  Maybe it should just be handled the same way that Bubba's Breaking News is?

Everything is discussed in there ... its the univeral Topic.

broken, we are always considering how the board is working. ;)

words matter when communicating.  :P

your idea is interesting and i'm glad you posted it. thank you.

i agree that the twitter thread has always been an interesting beast (i didn't like it at all at first--now it's one of my regular stops and it's a very popular part of the board as the views consistently show). It's always under review and has undergone various adjustments and will again in the future I'm sure.

It's not that much a "disorganized sub-forum" imv (just my opinion, understand) as long as we keep the "you know what" stuff out. The theme is pretty well know to most by now. Comment on a tweet (other than rg3 stuff) if ya like, but if you're going to get into an extended exchange, cut-n-paste it and start a topic properly (that's the membership's role) with a real OP for it, or take it (cut-n-paste) to a thread that exists and where it fits appropriately and discuss. that's what i and others following the rules do currently. it seems to work pretty well when people actually bother to do it, even just using existing threads for most topcis.

I've seen message boards on the 'net that are tyrannical ad absurdum. Politically oriented boards where one is compelled to write the party line in one's own words or consequences ensue.   They're horrible. 

This board does not resemble that at all.

There have been a number of forums where admins/mods are absentee and rules if any are even less than an afterthought.  The content of such virtual exercises in chaotic anarchy are such that I do not feel comfortable even giving a sanitized objective account of what I've seen.   

This joint ain't that either.   

Near as I can tell extremeskins is the Burgundy and Golden Mean of properly run communities where there is high traffic and a multitude of interests to balance.

If mega threads are inconvenient or thread locks or bans get you down, just remember that the players and coaches we follow all have stories of overcoming adversity, and you can too! 

Of course, that is if you want it known that you find that some arrangement on a message board = adversity to you.

We've got a good thing going here at Jumbo's Republic featuring the Philosopher-Mods.   

1007416.png

velocet

This franchise has lost steam the last 4 years. As a former season ticket holder, who now lives in CA, I notice it immediately when I arrive back in the DMV. It's only normal for the message boards, live events,, and fan sites to suffer. 

I, like the OP, read a lot of content on this site. I'm also not too big into posting, as it's usually been already posted more than once. My problem with the mega threads is more of a navigation issue. Now I just skip to the last page of the thread, where I've surely missed a lot of great (and occasionally awful) thoughts. 

Going back to my first point, it's really a shame what's happened to this franchise during the majority of my adult life. My first memories of this team was watching the '87 playoff run and eventual championship (I was 10). Now I see a fan base divided, a stadium that is a $$$ factory for ownership with little fan experience, and a team that has had some bright stars (Stephan Davis, Cooley, Moss) but more black holes (Haynesworth, Neon Dion, Spurrier, Zorn, etc.). 

Just venting really! I do have a lot of faith in the folks on this site who've keep me entertained for almost a decade. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

The twitter threads are split into seasonal threads, otherwise they would last forevererererereerer. 

re;  I'd be great if new twitter threads were created annually and they were split based on time of year. 2015 Offseason twitter thread (draft and free agency), 2015 training camp/preseason twitter thread, 2015 regular season twitter thread.

Sorry I'm late to the party.  I do realize they are seasonal...My suggested was to break them down a little further.

Chiming in late:

I'm a member of many foru of sports and many other topics.

They are ALL slower than they used to be.

At least 2 reasons IMO is that forums are not as much as a novelty as before (-->not as interesting) and two, facebook and social media has attract some former prolific posters. 

Yeah, it sued to be a lot more busy are here. 

Archived