Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2015 #Redskins vs. Lions - Final

JimmiJo

No, that "honor" goes to the OL in front of him. Just like RG3, Kirk and McCoy can't stop sacks when they're still doing a 3 step drop either

Yea a lot of hate for RGIII but from the clips I just saw on NFL.COM a lot of those plays I don't know what else to expect from him. No one could succeed behind that line the way they were playing.

My thoughts:

- Our entire first team was absolutely PATHETIC tonight.

- Defensive backfield might have been the only mediocre group/.

-Our first team only got 8 pass yards and about 15 rushing yards.

- Willie Smith and to a lesser degree Scherff got RG3 killed.

- RG3 played bad, but in all sincerity it's not even remotely his fault

- No discernible offensive strategy

- Just plainly a FLAT and UNPREPARED showing.

Well we got a good look at some of the kids, after the dust settles and the tears dry some might look at this game a little differently.

I was watching Spaight in particular, saw him barking orders, making adjustments and several times make a timely read to drive straight into the play, he is a player.

I saw Cousins and McCoy at least attempt to make adjustments to the pressure they got.  I didn't see that from RG3

Yep, he should have adjusted Willie Smith so dude didn't get beat off the line. Same with Scherff. Pretty much every news outlet has said tonight was on the OL. Only ones saying otherwise are those who rehash the same agenda regardless, like Jason Reid. That's good company to be in.

dkn......rising/

Concussion only for RG3. Shoulder is fine. "He's still our starter" says Gruden in post game presser. #Redskins

Our OL better get their act together. They're getting called out by most major news outlets and they contributed to their starting QB getting a concussion in freaking preseason. I don't care who is at QB, that blocking performance was unacceptable and would get pretty much any QB killed.

The post-game, happening in a minute or so:

https://youtu.be/z_99RBI_JRg?list=PLfk56DZ7_B-1Yc25ZX6At_d4I7AAi4Cib

well, jay's holding up well so far in the presser...sounds and looks professional and fine and saying solid coachy stuff...all acceptable so far...gave robert a bit (this is me editorializing) of a support by noting that the running game only got going afterwards...did not blame himself for making sean call bad plays for robert... :P

said just now he let robert play more after the hit because he wanted the offense to get another chance to get something because they hadn't and lots of qbs play into the second qtr at this point...

Yep, he should have adjusted Willie Smith so dude didn't get beat off the line. Same with Scherff. Pretty much every news outlet has said tonight was on the OL. Only ones saying otherwise are those who rehash the same agenda regardless, like Jason Reid. That's good company to be in.

Yeah, I didn't see any of this on Griffin. ****, Scherff got bull rushed, ****ing run over. I can't remember Chester getting beat that bad. 

I don't know wtf to think. ****ing team has a ****load way to go. 

Well, I guess the good news might be - my Sunday's will open up come the 3rd/4th week of September. 

said just now he let robert play more after the hit because he wanted the offense to get another chance to get something because they hadn't and lots of qbs play into the second qtr at this point...

He also was asking himself in his head how the hell he said yes to coaching this team.  He is miserable.

Dude, stop.  If you don't like my comment fine.  Keep being encouraged by what our supposed "best players" did when they were on the field vs. what their backups did.

I'm really worried with how a #5 overall pick looked tonight playing at freaking RG!

I'm willing to cut him some slack since he faced off against Ngata and had a decent outing 1st game. But he definitely needs to bounce back from this next game. Entire OL does. I wouldn't mind seeing Koundijo get a nod at LG. Luavao has had 2 poor games in a row now, not counting last season.

Archived